“Spotty Service” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Amore Uptown

Amore Uptown
Reserve with OpenTable
Amore Uptown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #396 of 1,790 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Uptown
Cross street: Irving Avenue
Description: We are a neighborhood Italian restaurant. We serve Authentic Old World Classics with an Uptown Italian Twist. We ask our facility to work harder, we ask our staff to work harder and we ask our ingredients to work harder. When you come eat your likely to be recognized at the door, called by name and for sure appreciated. Our dinning room offers the best variety of tables in the Twin Cities. We can easily handle romantic two tops tucked away privately or tables in the main and subsequent dinning areas up to 40 and 50. We have our own parking in the back of the restaurant, arriving here is convenient. When Spring comes our rooftop deck is incredible. The only Cedar Rooftop Deck in the Twin Cities. Enjoying updated Old World Classics with a wonderful cocktail on a Rooftop Deck in Uptown Minneapolis is second to none.
“Spotty Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

My experiences have run the gamut here; acceptable, terrible, pretty darn good. Last night we had a nice dinner, and free dessert!

I have found all the items I have tried to be good to great. I find the pastas are where they really shine. The gnocchi are delcious albeit a bit heavy. The vegetarian options are good and they don't skimp on ingredients.

It seems that they have made some improvements in staffing and that can make the difference between average and fabulous. I will wait for a couple more meals here before I upgrade the stars.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank YelpSucks

“SOOOO Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I love Amore Victoria. You can get the food delivered by Bite Squad. They also have good late night happy hour, and their roof top is awesome in the summer!

Visited February 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Best Lasagne...Wonderful Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Best lasagna around (other than my Aunts!). Parking on the street is the only issue with this place. Reservations are needed. The greeting is always professional with a smile. I love the big room and tables. Servers have always been men who perfectly described the specials and quickly delivered our food and at the end, the check. The bread is excellent. The warmth of the place makes for such a nice dinner on a cold Minnesota night. The price is low compared to the neighboring places that over charge for no good reason. Dessert options are yummy. Certain special days like Valentines Day are fun as the staff works extra hard to make the dinner special. Check out the menu online and make a reservation. Enjoy.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Scott P
“Really slow, bad service and mediocre food.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

We arrived at the restaurant, were seated and had to wait for 20 minutes before our waiter took our first drink order. The waiter had to come back 2-3 times before we actually could get our drinks because he forgot. Then... Throughout the next two hours, it took a long while to finally receive our food and had to ask for the bill. I was looking forward to great service and food but was disappointed. The atmosphere, however, was really nice.
Not worth the time and or money for the service and mediocre food.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jordan S
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great wine, apps and ambiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

I ended up at Amore Victoria for happy hour and have to say I was quite impressed, the bar was full so we grabbed a booth and enjoyed a couple glasses of wine, the artichoke dip and bruschetta. The small plates were fantastic and not all that small. The heap of bruschetta that came with the three bread slices was a tomato lovers dream and the Spinach Artichoke dip was thinner than I expected but equally as delicious. I would definitely go back and as its situated on the outside of the Calhoun Square cluster and near the lake I can't say parking is easy (they do have a small lot in back) but the vibe in the area isn't as crazy either.

• Visited December 2013