“Interesting place, just okay food”

Bad Waitress Breakfast Joint & Coffee Shop
Ranked #314 of 1,948 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

I had the opportunity to visit The Bad Waitress for the first time. The place is nice and quite eccentric in decor and attitude. Retro interior with a modern twist. Menu was varied and accessible for most with food limitations. The food was good but nothing to rave about. Wait staff was friendly and helpful. I would recommend this place and would try it again.

1  Thank Revtigger

Reviewed 28 September 2017

You are each given order tickets to place your orders on & pick up yourself at the bar. The restaurant is not large & you may have a short wait. They have Hamm's beer tall boys for $2. The bent Paddle beer is also a good dark coffee taste, but this beer doesn't taste heavy like a dark beer. The special Cranberry Walnut Wild rice pancake was my choice. Interesting sandwiches are also on the menu.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

I had the carnitas tacos and hash-browns.The hash-brown was AMAZING, just as good as grandmas !! I don't say that lightly .. she makes them so good. The tacos were very flavorful, and it was great. The shop is really cool, and the staff very friendly. You should probably expect a wait, it seems like a VERY popular joint. Worth it though.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

This is a good restaurant to have, breakfast, brunch. The place us nice, clean and the staff friendly. The food is good and the coffee too. The photo is my son

1  Thank CarlosJuarez1000
Reviewed 11 September 2017

I wanted to go somewhere different this year for my birthday so we decided to try the Bad Waitress. Good choice. Yes they were busy and people were waiting. The hostess explained how we fill out an order ticket. Eggs Benedict are my favorite but I could have easily chosen several other items that sounded great. And they had Mimosas- not watered down either. The Eggs Benedict turned out to some of the best I've ever had. My daughter had eggs and the blackberry pancakes- excellent. Can't remember how long we waited but it wasn't unreasonable, and it was a holiday weekend. Give this place a try. They have great food, interesting decor and a unique concept.