“Great little Italian restaurant”
Review of al Vento

al Vento
Reserve with OpenTable
al Vento is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #90 of 1,807 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Price range: US$9 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 50th Street
Transit: 50th & Hiawatha LRT
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great little Italian restaurant”
Reviewed 14 February 2012

A neighborhood place, with a ever changing menu, great professional service and reasonable prices.
Our favorite Italian restaurant.

“Amazing food”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Great food in a neighborhood location. Great staff.

Minneapolis
“I have changed my mind”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

This was my second visit. My first visit was my 25th wedding anniversary which despite lackluster service, the food was fabulous and I recommended it to many people. I can forgive poor service for great food. This time I went with my husband and daughter for my birthday. We were given a great table even though this time I did not request a special table-unlike the first time when I didn't get it. The waitress was very nice and recommended several dishes. The stuffed mushrooms were out of this world. The steamers were very good and the pizza was excellent. My daughter's squash ravioli was very good and I know because I ate half of it. I know because my clam, shrimp and smoked salmon linguine was horrible. Inedible would be the nicest description. No one at the table would touch it. When the waitress came back she asked me if I wanted to box it and I said NO. She never asked if I liked it or what was wrong since no one ate it. We ordered dessert which again she should have wondered why no one would eat that pasta. The peach half frozen dessert was acceptable but not fabulous. This restaurant has declined in my estimation to one where you would go for great appetizers which puts it in the same pool as average restaurants but not one where I would return.

• Visited January 2012

do not go there

Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“Tasty & Tasteful”
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Great, small, menu with something for every palette. Dimly lit but often too crowded (loud) to be romantic.

• Visited July 2011