“Roti-licious”

Cuisines: Malaysian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Whatever else you order at this restaurant, make sure to get the Roti Canai. Nobody on staff seems quite sure how to pronounce it, but they certainly know how to prepare it. Both the chicken and vegetarian versions of this dish are roti-licious.

In all other respects, this is a better-than-average restaurant, and definitely the closest you'll get to authentic Malaysian cuisine anywhere within a 385-mile radius (385 miles being the distance from Peninsula Malaysian Cuisine in Minneapolis to Penang Malaysian Cuisine in Arlington Heights, Illinois).

1  Thank Rat_Red

Reviewed 23 June 2014

After a trip to United Noodles to pick up groceries, we adjourned to Peninsula for lunch. As it was a weekday, I opted for the lunch special of pineapple chicken which was priced at $8.99. Unfortunately it was the typical sweet and sour chicken served at Chinese takeaways catering to American clientele. It came with steam rice and a single stick of satay. My grandson thoroughly enjoyed the roti canai with curry chicken which is the best item on the menu. My granddaughter 's vegetarian fried rice was simply delicious. The chef is a Chinese from Malaysia. Thumbs up for the Peninsula!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

My partner and I enjoyed sharing roti canai followed by a chicken/veggie rice noodle dish - both were delicious. To a lesser degree we enjoyed a veggie/rice/green curry dish. The curry could have been more full-bodied and spicier (to be fair, we may not have been clear on this when ordering). The place was quiet as we arrived hungry and early for a late lunch/early dinner - wait staff quite attentive. We had leftovers for another meal for each of us - enjoyed the experience, we will return.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Ambiance is average, but the appearance is very clean. One can see the kitchen from the restaurant. The service was superb with very respectful, friendly and attentive servers. We ordered the roti canai appetiser which was extermely flavorful/tastey. The spare rib appetizer was unfortunately tasteless and too salty, one needed the sauces to get any sort of flavor. When we mentioned this to the server, they immediately took a % off the bill. This action really empasizes how customer focused the owners are. The pud-thai was extremly good and the tilapia dish was fantastic. I ordered the Malaysia coffee, it was superb. Highly recommend this restarurant.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I had an entree featuring shrimp with a red curry sauce. It also had mini corn on the cob, carrots, tomatoes and mushrooms. There was a warmth to the sauce, but it was not hot. The shrimp were large, and I got 2 or 3 times the shrimp I expected. Very good dish. The service was also good, and my Balinense waiter was very nice