“Very nice hotel - but what was that sound??”

Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis
Ranked #19 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
WA
“Very nice hotel - but what was that sound??”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I stayed here one night while working in town. The local host arranged for my stay here and were quite pleased that they could accommodate me in such a nice place (they mentioned it a few times :-) )
The modern look and feel, roomy rooms and obvious newness made this a very nice place to stay the night. I didn't have an excellent experience with the staff, but it was good. At check in the person who was helping me had issues with every step of the process and had to go get help three different times. It seems to me that the person who was helping her (and maybe training her - which seemed to be the case) should have just stayed there and made my check-in experience less frustrating (I had been traveling a lot and it was late!)
I was in room 200, a nice room, but some kind of mechanical noise started after I'd gone to bed and lasted throughout the night. I debated with myself to bring it to someone's attention but I didn't want to stay up later or be moved - I was tired!
Overall, a very nice hotel but more initiative could have been taken to assure a pleasant check-in experience.

Room Tip: Not sure what that noise was in room 200, but you might ask to avoid that room before you expect a q...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank baileyno6
ComplexHotelMGMT, Creative Guest Services at Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Hello baileyno6,
Thank you for visiting Le Méridien Chambers Minneapolis during your time in the Midwest! I am happy to hear you enjoyed the ambiance and luxury of our contemporary art hotel, however, am disappointed to hear your arrival experience fell short of expectations. I will ensure this issue is addressed right away and see the proper training is implemented. Please see my direct message regarding details of your stay; your feedback is much appreciated for the improvement of our guest service. It would be a pleasure for the opportunity to welcome you back to Le Méridien Chambers Minneapolis.
Matthew Hawkins

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Lakeville, Minnesota
Reviewed 20 May 2014

It's been a long time since I've been "wowed" by service, and this entire staff had the "wow" factor. When arriving at the front desk, we were greeted by two very friendly young men. Ten minutes after arriving in our room, we received a call from the front desk confirming that the room was clean and whether we need anything else to make our stay more enjoyable. Everyone we encountered - housekeeping, maintenance, front door men, greeted us with huge smiles, asked how our day was, and inquired as to how our stay has been and whether there was anything more they could do for us. Their smiles were contagious and had us talking about how refreshing it was to see an entire staff enjoying their jobs.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KCTV
Hello KCTV,
Wow- Thank you for the exceptional review of your time with us at Le Méridien Chambers Minneapolis! I cannot wait to pass on your kind words to our entire team of associates, as it is our pleasure to make your stay as memorable as we can! We look forward to welcoming you back- enjoy the summer sunshine!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Stressed by the winter traffic and a long work week, we hit Marin for a happy hour and some healthy treats. We plopped in the hotel restaurant Marin's library area of the lower level and drank red wine, ate scallops, and oatmeal mint chocolate chip cookies. A few hours later the DJ cranked up 70's tunes and we felt as compelled to stay as when we arrived. We checked into the Chambers as we clearly weren't going anywhere. Staff was friendly helpful and even retrieved my laptop from my valet parked car and brought it to my room. The rooms are comfortable, cool, and trendy. After a night in our comfortable bed, our quinoa blueberry pancakes ordered for breakfast room service arrived on time and were amazing. Staff were professional, courteous, and helpful from the front desk to the parking valet. Perfection!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank slyshar
Hello slyshar,
Thank you for making Le Méridien Chambers your choice for a night away in the city! So glad to hear you enjoyed your entire experience at Marin, from the healthy cuisine and cocktails to the live entertainment combined with great service! Be sure to stop back soon to enjoy our luxury accommodations and check out the contemporary art exhibits, rotating every 8 weeks, displayed in the hotel’s Burnet Art Gallery.
Hayward, Wisconsin
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

We had a fabulous experience. This is now, by far, our favorite hotel in Minneapolis. The rooms are quiet and comfortable. The staff are very friendly and helpful. It has everything you need, in walking distance of everywhere you want to be.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank phizzer
Hello phizzer,
Thank you for staying at Le Méridien Chambers Minneapolis, and declaring us your favorite hotel in the city! We look forward to welcoming you back soon to discover a new perspective in the Burnet Art Gallery, or for a bite at Marin Restaurant.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I've started traveling to Minneapolis for business frequently, and will now only stay here. Fans of the dull stock layout preferred by most hotel chains need not apply--the rooms are unique, the lobby is unconventional--you won't mistake it for any other place. From a frequent traveler's perspective, I find this extremely refreshing, especially after a long day of cooking under fluorescent boardroom lights.

As my headline mentioned, the rooms feel very cosmopolitan and in my experience have been kept fanatically clean. The rooms feel very liveable, not exuding the typical just-passing-through hotel vibe, and despite being in the middle of downtown are very quiet. The location, too, couldn't be better, with all of downtown within easy walking distance.

I haven't had a chance to try out the spa/pool on my visits, but the gym is very serviceable, and the restaurant is great, especially for breakfast.

Recommended for everyone who wants something a little different from the norm, and at an excellent value.

Green Features: Gives the option to not needlessly wash dirty linens.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
ComplexHotelMGMT, Creative Guest Services at Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Hello Luke S,
Thank you for being our guest at Le Méridien Chambers Minneapolis and sharing your excellent review with the TripAdvisor community! I am thrilled you enjoy the contemporary and refreshing atmosphere of our luxurious art hotel and its fabulous location downtown. We look forward to welcoming you back to Le Méridien Chambers very soon!
Los Angeles
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I travel every week for work and all over the US - This place ROCKS! Really good, not pretentious like the Graves and such a nice layout. No 4th floor transfers either like at the Graves. Restaurant is really nice as well. Seriously GOOD.

Room Tip: Executive Level
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Lee C
ComplexHotelMGMT, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Hello Lee C,

Thank you for sharing this fabulous 5 star review with the Trip Advisor community! It's such a pleasure to know that you are enjoying W Minneapolis especially being your home away from home each week! We appreciate your loyalty & please let us know if you need anything at all, just ask.

Whatever/Whenever,
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We and another couple just spent a fantastic holiday weekend at Le Meridien Chambers; walking distance to fantastic theater, restaurants, and other city sites, super comfortable, very clean rooms with great linens and living space, delicious food at the onsite Marin Restaurant--but above all was the warm, attentive, generous service at every turn.

I'm a local Minnesotan who's traveled for years and developed an almost-unrealistic standard for hotel quality...this stay exceeded every expectation. As a Starwood Platinum guest, I would say the service at this hotel is in the top tier of Starwood properties around the world. The front desk staff and other hotel personnel anticipated every need and were incredibly responsive to any request made.

The art alone is worth seeing in this hotel--and the partner venue to which Le Meridien offered access: The Walker Art Center--(!)--Free tickets to be used during the stay (like we did) or afterward.

My decision to spend a weekend at a property in my own city is an interesting journey--but, it was smooth and flawless from the reservation phase and a phone call to inquire about the property's offerings through the check-out process where it felt like we were bidding goodbye to family friends... It won't be a difficult decision when we decide where our next "at home" stay will be--and where we will recommend all colleagues and friends stay who want to see, experience, taste and enjoy the best Minneapolis has to offer.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
ComplexHotelMGMT, Creative Guest Services at Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Hello MJB,

Thank you for being our guests at Le Méridien Chambers Minneapolis and for the thoughtful words regarding our kind and attentive guest service! It is a pleasure to read and respond to your amazing review, and I am so happy to share it with the entire team! So glad to hear we sparked your inner creativity for art throughout our hotel and with complimentary access for the Walker Art Center! It will be a pleasure to welcome you back to Le Méridien Chambers on your next Minneapolis journey, and provide a home away from home experience for you!