“Very clean and modern hotel in a great location”

Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis
Ranked #20 of 52 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I'm a local who stayed downtown Minneapolis for the weekend. The location was excellent for walking to restaurants, bars, Orchestra Hall, and Target Field. The room was extremely clean. Even the couch was clean and you know how gross they can be in hotel rooms. The bathroom was really nice with aqua colored tiles and a funky modern sink. The bed was the most comfortable I've ever had. There is a layer of down padding under the sheet so it really envelopes you. There is artwork throughout the hotel (kind of odd art, but interesting). The restaurant Marin was really good and a nice atmosphere to sit out in the courtyard.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
ComplexHotelMGMT, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Greetings MEK9992013,
Thank you for choosing Le Méridien Chambers Minneapolis for your staycation! I am so glad you enjoyed the artwork around the hotel and were pleased with the cleanliness and condition of your luxurious guestroom. I invite you to visit us again soon, for a cocktail and dinner at Marin in the beautiful courtyard, or another night away!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Checking in was easy. The hotel had very different artwork throughout their property. I particularly liked the video screens in the hallway as I never knew what was going to be on them. The room felt very sterile though - good for a doctors office - not so much for a romantic weekend. The bathroom only had a rain shower head in it. Some people might love it, but if you're someone who doesn't wash their hair all the time - it doesn't make bathing very easy. It did have a tv in the bathroom also. The location was very nice - right downtown where all the action is. However, this has its drawbacks. When you want to retire early (before midnight), it is nearly impossible if you're in a room facing The Saloon nightclub. Their music is so loud, we could hear it over our t.v. and when trying to go to sleep was quite annoying. We found the beds a little too soft for our tastes because of the "feather beds". Not sure if they were real feathers or not - hope not being since we are vegan.

They have a nice patio area which we didn't have a chance to take advantage of, but most hotels you can enjoy their patio without staying there - so maybe next time.

I don't know if we would stay at this location again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello tequilaslushy_4u,
Thank you for visiting Le Méridien Chambers Minneapolis- so pleased to hear you liked our collection of contemporary art! My apologies the location of your guestroom did not meet expectations due to surrounding city noise. It would be my pleasure to note your preference for a room away from the street as well as feather free room in your guest profile. Please see my direct message for reservation details. We look forward to welcoming you back soon to check out the lovely courtyard and sustainably fresh offerings from Marin restaurant.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed here at the end of our trip for the night. It's a very contemporary European chic hotel. Great art collection. Minimalistic rooms. Heated bathroom floors. Super friendly staff. The location is closer to Target Field- seemed a little more seedy than the Forshay area, but everything is in walking distance. Bed is super soft with a feather bed and only a down duvet. At times, a flat sheet would have been nice since it was pretty warm during our stay. Nice outdoor bar by Marin. We didn't make it to the Library bar in the basement. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014

Hello TexasFishingGirl,
Thank you for visiting Le Méridien Chambers Minneapolis! I am glad you enjoyed our accessible location in the heart of downtown Minneapolis, with walking distance to countless entertainment venues, restaurants and bars. Be sure to check out Marin’s library bar on your next stay, where you can indulge in signature cocktails in an intimate setting!

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We loved our stay here! The hotel is filled with interesting art, including in the hallways and rooms. We got upgraded to a suite because it was my birthday :) Super spacious, modern but still comfortable. Bed was so soft with nice pillows and linens, best sleep in a hotel ever. Bathrooms had heated floors (although it was June so we didn't desperately need them, but what an awesome idea!) Yes, we had two bathrooms! Everyone was super nice and helpful. It is within walking distance of restaurants, nightlife, and art. We walked to the Walker (to which your room key provides free admission!) and the sculpture gardens, as well as the Basilica, and dinner every night. We ate a nice lunch in the restaurant every day and ended every evening with a drink in the very cozy bar. Shout out to Andreas for being so good to us! We parked in an extremely nearby car park...very convenient and reasonably priced (as opposed to valet). If we are ever in Minneapolis again, we would stay here in a heartbeat!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Greetings OrlandoShadyLady,
Thank you for visiting Le Méridien Chambers during your time in the Midwest! So happy to hear a complimentary upgrade was accommodated, and you celebrated your birthday in style! Sounds like you had a fabulous experience at the Walker Art Center and visiting nearby bars and restaurants- The location of Le Méridien Chambers Minneapolis can’t be beat! We hope to welcome you back soon for another stay soon!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Full disclosure: I am a SPG and Le Meridien is my favorite in the Starwood family, so it will always be my go-to hotel, if possible. I also have a Bachelor’s in Fine Art, so I enjoy the fact that the brand caters to a clientele with an artistic sensibly. I have enjoyed my time at other Le Meridien hotels and the same can be said of the Le Meridien Chambers when I visited Minneapolis to attend a wedding. I found the staff to be courteous and helpful. The room size was generous, the room was super clean, and I loved the design of the bathroom (and the heated floors.) I was disappointed with the room service selections, but finding a good meal is only a few feet away. The hotel is well located. The only other downside was the television, which I found to be bulky and ill placed (I ran into a few times.) The hotel could also benefit from a better selection of cable channels. Not enough to deter me from staying at the Chambers if I visit Minneapolis again. Over all an enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello chiRstar,
Thank you for your Starwood loyalty, and making Le Méridien Chambers your go-to destination in Minneapolis! I am thrilled to hear about your art background, and am so happy Le Méridien offers the Unlock Art program, where your guestroom key gains you complimentary access to the Walker Art Center! I am sorry to hear the room service selections do not meet your expectations. I invite you to check out Marin restaurant, located right inside the hotel for a fresh, Californian farm to table experience, or visit any of the fabulous restaurants and bars in the entertainment district mere feet from the hotel. Hope the windy city sends you back our way soon, we look forward to having you as our guest again!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband and I often stay in downtown Minneapolis for a weekend night get-away. We have stayed at the Le Meridian Chambers hotel many times and will continue to do so. We have always encountered very friendly and helpful hotel staff. The rooms are very spacious with comfortable beds. The heated bathroom floor is wonderful! The Marin restaurant staff are very friendly and make sure you visit Kelsey in the Library Bar downstairs. She makes wonderful beverages!

Room Tip: The luxury suites are wonderful!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Greetings Shellu1123,

Thank you for being loyal guests and for sharing a review regarding your visits to Le Méridien Chambers Minneapolis! Your kind words regarding our guest service is much appreciated, and it will be a pleasure to share your compliments with the entire team! We can’t wait to have you back for another romantic night in Minneapolis!

Cheers!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Horrible excuse for a Le Meridian. Rooms are in poor conditiion, Breakfast room service prices and quality were ridiculous, room faced an alley with noise in the morning. To top it off, bellman put my luggage in the wrong car and they almost drove off. I'd say that this looked more like a housing project from the outside. i dont know what they are trying to accomplish with this hotel but they have missed the mark completely. On top of that, I was using a STARHOT rate and this was the first and only hotel Starwood property that didnt honor the dining discount. Chamber is right....Le Meridian is wrong...

Room Tip: dont have it facing an alley with the building next door so close you can touch it.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Hello Dsimons2201,
Thank you for visiting Le Méridien Chambers Minneapolis from sunny California. Your comments regarding your stay are appreciated for the improvement of our services and hotel. I am happy to hear our Director of Operations has reached out to you regarding your visit, and again sincerely apologize you did not receive the high level of service Le Méridien is capable of providing. I do hope to welcome you back in the future, thank you.