“College Trip”

Ranked #19 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Los Angeles, California
“College Trip”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We arrived early but the staff was able to accommodate us by giving us our room early. The hotel itself is very modern, but the rooms are very comfortable. The bed was great, really had a good night's sleep. It's centrally located. We were able to walk everywhere. Overall a great choice if your in Minneapolis.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Phreadhead48
ComplexHotelMGMT, Creative Guest Services at Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Greetings Phreadhead48,
Thank you for visiting Le Méridien Chambers Minneapolis from LA! It was a pleasure to have you as our guests and I am happy to hear we could accommodate an early check in! Entertainment options are endless as Le Méridien’ s two landmark revival buildings sit in the heart of one of the city’s most alluring neighborhoods. Our doors are always open, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Cheers!
Matthew Hawkins

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Upon entering the lobby, I was impressed by the aesthetics of the space; the little corner near the entrance was a nice little gem, and I enjoyed how decorated the hallway was with all the art. The staff at the front desk were friendly and very helpful, so no complaints about that. They even offered a nice upgrade to a suite! Our room was clean and well-made. The heated bathroom floors were also a super nice perk! Their restaurant, Marin, was a chic-looking place full of happy patrons with personable staff. While I can't speak about the food having not being able to try it, they sure knew how to craft a cocktail. And if Marin isn't your cup of tea, Le Meridien is conveniently located right in the middle of everything, so there are plenty of bars and restaurants (and a couple of dance clubs!) to choose from. If you're visiting from the city, public transportation drops you directly at the front door, so it's quite accessible from just about anywhere.

If there was anything to complain about, it'd be the uneven temperature distribution in the room, but it was a very minor detail for me. And while they obviously go for a specific type of design which I really liked, it overall made the common areas look very sterile, with the exception of the color-changing hallways to the rooms.

Even so, I'd come back here again and I'd highly recommend this hotel to anyone. The room, location and the staff were top-notch for me.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Welcome J L,
Thank you for visiting Le Méridien Chambers Minneapolis; it was a pleasure to have you as our guests! I am happy to hear we were able to offer a complimentary suite upgrade upon arrival and you enjoyed the amenities and perks of your guest room! At your convenience, please see my direct message regarding reservation details as I would like to ensure our Engineering department remedies any temperature issues in your guest room. I look forward to hearing from you, and welcoming you back to Le Méridien soon for dinner and cocktails at Marin, or another lovely night away.
DC
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Had a great stay. Very friendly staff, comfy bed, and beautiful bathroom. Only thing that irked me is the lack of an ice machine. Room service will bring it and do so quickly, but I still prefer DIY. Would definitely return!
Also- some very healthy dining options in hotel.

Stayed July 2014
ComplexHotelMGMT, Creative Guest Services at Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Hello dcatravelerDc,
Thank you for visiting Le Méridien Chambers Minneapolis! The feedback regarding your recent stay is much appreciated; we are so pleased you enjoyed the guest service, guest room bed and bathroom. Be sure to visit us during the cold months, when you can enjoy the heated floors! Come back soon for another fresh and sustainable meal from Marin, or to check out the featured exhibit in the Burnet Art Gallery!
Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This hotel is well managed and overall provides a good experience. Clearly they are going for an artsy, designer hotel feel and there is cool video art in the common areas. The rooms are large, the bed was very comfortable and the restaurant is good. But I wouldn't describe it as warm and inviting, despite the kind and welcoming staff. The decor is spartan or even sterile. Perhaps they are going for an art gallery type feel. If so, mission accomplished. Great place for my business trip. Great location, free solid WiFi (with SPG Account). I'd definitely stay again for business, but not for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Greetings joejhartzell,
Thank you for choosing Le Méridien Chambers Minneapolis during your business travels! We are so pleased you enjoyed the unique art throughout the hotel, signature bed and our onsite restaurant, Marin. We are excited to have you as a Starwood Preferred Guest member and look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I had an awful experience with their reservations. I wanted to cancel a reservation and had to pay a penalty of 255 dollars plus tax, I respect the rules and was willing to pay. I called the central reservations of Le Meridien who confirmed that but were unable to even do the cancelation. They asked me to contact the hotel directly. I did, and after being transferred to another person I was told that the cancelation was completely non-refundable. (Value of about 2000 dollars). I rechecked the confirmation email and notified him that's not what their own rules said, and he told me he was unable to find anywhere where it says it's partially refundable. However their own central reservation confirm that all but 255 dollars are refundable. I also happen to speak English and have a phd so I would know how to interpret a simple confirmation email.

Not only is this minneapolis hotel trying to steal your money but they have major communication problems between each other , which tells me there might be bigger problems than this. I'm going to avoid this chain for now, and definitely will get my money back through all the available legal ways. They may have nice paintings in their lobby, but professionalism and honesty aren't among their strong features to say the least.

Stayed August 2014
ComplexHotelMGMT, Creative Guest Services at Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Hello Chris L,
Thank you for visiting Le Méridien Chambers Minneapolis and sharing your recent experience. My personal apologies the reservation details of your stay fell short of expectations. Please see my direct message as I would like to obtain additional information regarding your issue. Again, I am sorry to hear about your experience and look forward to connecting with you.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed at Le Meridian in Minneapolis for Sir Paul McCartney's concert at Target Field. Everything was as expected with this high end hotel. The check in was great, service was top notch and the room was clean. It had some nice high end features including a heated floor in teh bathroom which my wife especially loved.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
ComplexHotelMGMT, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Hello Klyde21,

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of an incredible experience! We hope that Sir McCartney was everything you could imagine, what a legend! We welcome you back to Le Meridien Chambers on your next visit to Downtown Minneapolis!
Best,

St. Paul
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I'm a local who stayed downtown Minneapolis for the weekend. The location was excellent for walking to restaurants, bars, Orchestra Hall, and Target Field. The room was extremely clean. Even the couch was clean and you know how gross they can be in hotel rooms. The bathroom was really nice with aqua colored tiles and a funky modern sink. The bed was the most comfortable I've ever had. There is a layer of down padding under the sheet so it really envelopes you. There is artwork throughout the hotel (kind of odd art, but interesting). The restaurant Marin was really good and a nice atmosphere to sit out in the courtyard.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Greetings MEK9992013,
Thank you for choosing Le Méridien Chambers Minneapolis for your staycation! I am so glad you enjoyed the artwork around the hotel and were pleased with the cleanliness and condition of your luxurious guestroom. I invite you to visit us again soon, for a cocktail and dinner at Marin in the beautiful courtyard, or another night away!