“A Waste of Time”

Add it.
Aqua
Ranked #69 of 128 Nightlife in Minneapolis
Reviewed 22 April 2013 via mobile

WASTE OF TIME!!! Overpriced drinks & a snippy staff made this for a aweful experience. Will not be going back there anytime soon!

2  Thank gena_veen

Reviewed 25 May 2009

The VIP Host wouldn't let us in for my B-bday because two of my friends were whereing Skate-shoes ... I showed up in a Limo and had a 3 bottle reservation. Went to another club and had the best time ever ... would never go back to Aqua!!!!

Please consider my review!?

Pease out!!!

10  Thank JonnySampras
Reviewed 20 May 2008

3 girlfriends of mine and myself headed out to Minneapolis for the long weekend and went to Aqua since we met one of the bouncers as we were looking for a good club to head to. We basically went there three nights in a row (Friday, Saturday and Sunday).

On Sunday, they searched our purses and told us that sunglasses were not allowed in the club (in Winnipeg, we have no such rule, and we thought it odd, but gave the bouncer at the door our sunglasses to hold on to). Also, we has gotten in VIP on Friday and Saturday, and they had not searched our purses then. At the end of the night, one of us suggested to find the bouncer and see if we couldn't get our sunglasses back. Apparently, he (and everyone else at the door, including the girls at cash and the security guards) couldn't be bothered to look for them, after telling us that they put the glasses in the trash. Before heading out, we had checked out the Website's dress code, and nowhere did it say that sunglasses are not allowed. There was no sign at the door either telling the customers this.

A pair of glasses, which we later discovered were not ours but similar to, was given to us. We then told them that maybe they should have a box to put the sunglasses in and then customers can come at the end of the night and grab them. We told them we were from Winnipeg, we had been there two nights before and simply had no clue. After being yelled at and told that our issue wasn't a priority, the bouncer went to get the police, whom we talked to. They were very nice and understood our issue. They told us that Aqua has had a lot of problems and to just not come back here again (and tell our friends and others about it).

I'm not planning on going there again, but if you do, I would suggest leaving your sunglasses at the hotel to avoid any problem.

11  Thank country_girl347