I have never been to Westin before, but with big name - we expected better. By far, this is the worst ever hotel stay I have ever had. It was two of us, and spent just one night. Here's what we received:
- We found ONE bathing robe which was dirty (kindda hard to see, but there's blood stain or some other body fluid on the rob), the smell suggests it was worn by someone and never went to laundry after that.
- We were provided with in-room coffee which was expired in May 2014. (image provided)
- Hair dryer was all dusty and dirty in the bathroom. (image provided)
- We found the trash can even had some paper and chocolate wrapping in it.
- The refrigerator was smelling as if it was not cleaned in few months.
- The bedside wireless phone was out of battery and couldn't even use that.
I left a message with these six pointers in the front desk when we left and nobody followed up. The front desk lady (7/3/2014; 10.45AM) apologized for the expired coffee as I handed over the expired coffee pack to her and that's about it!
If you're looking forward to stay here, here's few tips:
- Parking is not free (and downtown parking can be a daunting experience, we did find a 2 block away parking and we had to spend $16 for our entire stay). I'd still suggest you use their valet service and save yourself some headache ($39 cost)
- If you're on a family vacation or a couple - avoid this place like a plague. As some other reviewer suggested, they will provide better service for corporate group who will spend a lot but if you're on a family vacation and dont want to spend a whole lot - avoid Westin Minneapolis
- Pool and hot tub are nice and conveniently located on the third floor
- The have workout room and they offer workout gear rental for $5 (which is nice)
- In room TV is awful, you'll basically have to order anything decent you might want to see (it's like free cable with some movie ordering option)
- I found them nice and courteous when they greet me
I'd probably never visit them again. We thought of checking out at 12 but we couldn't stand anymore so left early. Also, we were there just for the night - so we didn't bother calling them and fix all these issues rather we decided to left a note which was never responded.
From my work, we're making another Minneapolis trip in August, and I'll surely put Westin off of our preferred hotel list.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Transformed from Minneapolis's historic Farmers & Mechanics Bank building, The Westin Minneapolis will be your home to renewal in the Twin Cities. Located at the pulse of cosmopolitan Minneapolis, we are a short walk away from the best the city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Westin Minneapolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Minneapolis Hotel Minneapolis
- Westin Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Westin