“Very nice hotel and walking distance to Target Field”

Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites
Ranked #9 of 52 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Very nice hotel, comfortable rooms, clean and exceptional pool area for the kids. Really enjoyed our stay. Only negative was the suite had a sofa bed but it was a single size not big enough for two kids.

Room Tip: room with sliding door access to pool area is nice.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Jeff J, Manager at Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Thank you for selecting Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites on your latest visit to beautiful downtown Minneapolis! We appreciate your positive comments about our clean and comfortable guestrooms, newly renovated pool atrium and excellent location! A hint for your next visit is that we do have pull-out sofas in our suites that are full size. At the time of your next booking just be sure to request this. Thank you again for your positive review and we look forward to seeing you again soon at The Normandy Inn!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,415)

Reviewed 8 August 2014

This Hotel ( Inn) is a sleeper. !! It is well located , very well appointed, excellent service, a feeling of quality as soon as you enter. excellent staff, and priced right for location, quality , ambiance, and service !

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Hillard C

Thank you for selecting Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites on your latest visit to beautiful downtown Minneapolis! We appreciate your 5 star review and positive comments about our centralized location, well appointed guestrooms, excellent staff and great value! We hope you have a chance to come visit us again soon at The Normandy Inn!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights in July. The hotel is an older building. It is renovated but the age shows in some places. Overall, it is in a good shape and has a pool and restaurant and bar section. It is a few blocks from the light rail which takes you to the airport, St. Paul, University of Minnesota and other places in downtown area. The staff, practically everyone we met including the house keeping, are wonderful. They are gracious, patient and attentive to your needs. Once, in late afternoon we went back to the hotel tired. The restaurant was not open yet and we dropped by the bar and asked the bartender if she could give us some tea. She said yes and went to the kitchen and made us some of the best teas we have ever had. Loose tea leaves, brewed perfectly in teapots. I don't know if this was the innate mid-western hospitality or the training by management. In either case, I think the staff is the winning asset of this establishment. Thanks to all of you for a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mina50952

Thank you for selecting Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites on your latest visit to beautiful downtown Minneapolis! We appreciate your 5 star review and positive comments about our newly renovated pool atrium, fantastic location, excellent staff and award winning Normandy Kitchen Café & Bar! We hope you have a chance to come visit us again soon at The Normandy Inn!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Stayed for a week on the 3rd floor and was pretty happy with my time there.

Pros: Close enough to downtown, but at a slightly cheaper rate
Close to Blue/Green Line and Nice Ride
Very helpful front desk staff
Nice little bar area
Shuttle service to Target Field
WiFi available and it's pretty quick
Blue Line from the Airport drops you off about 1.5 blocks away. Easy and pretty cheap 25 minute ride.

Cons
Get a fair amount of noise from neighbor above you (my fault for not getting a 4th floor room)
WiFi, while available throughout, gets weak in some spots beyond the lobby area. Just need a few range extenders to fix that.
Not in the heart of downtown

Room Tip: I woudl ask for an interior, 4th floor room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for selecting Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites on your latest visit to beautiful downtown Minneapolis! We appreciate your positive comments about our convenient location, great prices, helpful staff, complimentary shuttle service, complimentary Wi-Fi and excellent Normandy Kitchen Café & Bar! We hope you have a chance to come visit us again soon!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

After a 5 hour car ride from Wisconsin, I stepped inside the Normandy and never wanted to leave. I loved the quaint style of the entryway. Reminded me of an old European inn. Check in was a breeze. The front desk is staffed with the nicest, friendliest people. Especially Jeff, he was so helpful to me at check out and got me directions to the airport. You can tell the Normandy hires the best people.

My room was on the second floor and was spacious. The toilet and shower were in a separate room and it made the place feel so roomy. The room was spotless. The beds were heavenly and I slept almost as soundly as I do at home.

The wireless was free and good. I watched Netflix.

Parking was $8 a night in a fenced-in lot that is right behind the hotel--very safe and convenient.

When it came time for dinner, I went downstairs to the Normandy Kitchen and had a delightful meal--popover with maple butter, chicken drummies, and walleye. I even tried the pie of the month--Strawberry. Everything was fresh and scrumptious. My waitress was attentive and nice.

I went back to my room to relax in comfort and style. At 10 pm, they serve fresh chocolate chip cookies and milk in the lobby. What a nice treat for guests.

I would recommend the hotel to anyone staying in the downtown area or wanting to be in the city with only a 15 minute drive to the airport.

One of the best places I stayed during my 2 week book tour! Thanks Normandy!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank emilie01010
Jeff J, Manager at Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you for selecting Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites on your latest visit to beautiful downtown Minneapolis! It was a pleasure meeting you and I really enjoyed reading your 5 star review! I also look forward to reading your new novel "The Six Train To Wisconsin" that you were gracious enough to give me a signed copy of! I wish you the best of luck with your writing career and hope to see you again on your next book tour!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Noticed a musty/mildew smell when we entered the property. Was hoping it was just in the lobby but it wasn't. Staff was very nice, they told us it's the blinds in the rooms. They offered to switch rooms for us but we had walked in another open room where a maid was cleaning and still noticed the smell so we decided to stick it out. Bought a tree shaped air freshener that you hang from your mirror in your car and it helped some. Other than that, we didn't mind the property. Took the shuttle to the game. Was very convenient. Won't be back, just couldn't get over the smell.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for selecting Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites on your latest visit to beautiful downtown Minneapolis! I am very sorry to hear that the off-putting smell you experienced in your room ruined what should have been a wonderful guest experience. I will inspect your guestroom to get to the bottom of the issue. We also appreciate your positive feedback about our friendly staff and complimentary shuttle service. If you did choose to return I would be happy to personally make your reservation for you at a great price with a complimentary upgrade. I can be reached at jjuza@bestwesternnormandy.com or 612.370.1400.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed here while in town for a twins game. The hotel was nice and staff were very helpful. They provided a shuttle service to and from Target field which was nice since I was with my dad who has trouble walking. They were there waiting for us when the game was over too which was awesome not to have to wait around for them. So the shuttle was a big plus. this hotel was also within a three block radius from the light rail so that made getting around easer. There was no continental breakfast but you are within two blocks of Nicolet street where there are a ton of choices to eat at. They also had warm cookies and milk every night that were complementary. My only complaint of this place would be that they host a lot of wedding receptions and other parties so the Friday/Saturday lobbies were a little loud and so were the people staying above us.as I'm sure they were with the wedding reception and drunk so yelling in the hallways happened a lot those nights. I would stay here again if you want the downtown experience with a pretty good price.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Mary A

Thank you for selecting Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites on your latest visit to beautiful downtown Minneapolis! We appreciate your positive comments about our helpful staff, complimentary shuttle service, freshly baked cookies and milk, great value and fantastic location! For your future stay I would recommend calling us anytime you experience a noise disturbance as we have 24 hour security and also trying our Normandy Kitchen Café & Bar which is highly regarded as one of the best restaurants in the area. Thank you very much again for your positive feedback and we hope to see you again soon!