“Great dancing, fun times”
Review of Soundbar

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Soundbar
Saint Paul
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great dancing, fun times”
Reviewed 22 January 2012

I went here for the first time last night, I'm not a big clubber, but I thought this place was great. The dj on the Soundbar side was spinning a mix of old school hip hop, Latin music and some old school soul. The place wasn't very busy, so there was room to dance without feeling cramped. The crowd was fun and laid back. There was definitely a period where the place smelled like pot. The decor is swanky but unpretentious. I think ladies get in free before 11, but guys pay $10. The Deseo lounge next door is affiliated and was more light with a dj spinning more techno, dance music, with live instrument accompaniment and a singer; super fun. It was nice to be able to go back and forth between the two areas later in the night. I don't think the neighborhood is sketchy, its right next to the brand new Target Field baseball stadium, so there is ample parking. There's a ramp with $5 parking just one block down. I walked back to my car alone and felt fine.

Visited January 2012

Kansas City, Kansas
“Soud Bar is Horrible.”
Reviewed 24 December 2011

Sound Bar is in the older and dirty part of Downtown. Police car was parked in front of the door resolving a fight. Very rough crowd and place smells like pot smoke. Fight broke outside the door and very unsafe to walk back to your car. Overall I would never visit this place again or recommend it. Save your cover and go somewhere else. Dont waste your time and money on this nasty place.

Visited December 2011