“Excellent staff and beautiful and clean hotel!”

Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Downtown
Ranked #12 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Flandreau
“Excellent staff and beautiful and clean hotel!”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Hyatt Place Downtown Minneapolis and we were VERY pleased with our time there. The rooms were immaculately clean and very modern. The staff was incredibly helpful and patient. We loved our time here. Also, the breakfast was very large and they have a very nice

The only thing I was disappointed in, was that when I booked it a few months ago, I didn't realize that it would cost $20 extra a night for parking--but it wasn't a problem for us, it's just something I would have like to have known beforehand. This is a beautiful hotel, and in a great location! : )

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jay S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Downtown, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Thank you for the 5 point response. It sounds like you had a great time during your visit. I know the housekeeping staff works really hard in keeping the rooms and hotel clean. I hope to see you on your next visit to downtown Minneapolis.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Bloomer, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 March 2014

My family and I reserved 1 room with 2 beds, since there were 4 of us. We were pleasantly surprised at the size of the room and that there were actually 2 beds plus a pullout. The room was very clean and beds were comfortable. The only down side to the room was that there only place that had a mirror and an outlet close by to get ready in the morning was the bathroom. There is another mirror, but nowhere to plug a hair dryer near by, so that was challenging with 4 of us getting ready in the morning. Also parking does cost extra ($20), but you do have unlimited vouchers for leaving the ramp.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Brihn
Jay S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Downtown, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
We appreciate your loyalty and offering a four point rating. We strive for high ratings with each and every guest and do our utmost to make sure everyone has a great time. Recommending us to others is the ultimate compliment. Thank you again for your patronage.
Cape Cod, MA
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We booked the Hyatt Place after looking at many hotels in the area. We were visiting the U as our daughter is a junior in high school and we had booked a tour with the admissions office. The hotel lobby is elevated above the street level and Skyway, and is beautiful inside. Service at the front desk was friendly and very helpful during the 3 days we stayed there. The room was huge and we had plenty of room for two adults and two teens. Everything was brand new, and so clean. The thermostat wasn't cooperative, we could not get the heat under 70, but other than that, no complaints.

We traveled by light rail to and from the airport, as it was only a block or two away. Even though the temps were in the single digits, with lots of snow, we still got around easily. We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: The doors to the rooms open to the lobby atrium. Go for a higher floor if you are concerned about no...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank SimplySuzy
Jay S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Downtown, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear SimplySuzy, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hyatt Place Minneapolis Downtown! I apologize that the temperature of your room wasn't what you anticipated, but appriciate all the other postivie comments.
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

My spouse and I have spent the last two nights in this hotel, and we have one more to go. We are traveling with my husband's service dog, and upon entering the hotel, we were immediately informed that dogs were not allowed. We explained that she is a service dog and presented all documentation. We checked in, and all seemed to be fine until this evening when another front desk clerk shouted across the lobby, "There are no dogs allowed in here!" My husband explained that she is a service dog and that we had registered her with the hotel upon check in. The hotel responded that they had no record of this, and if we didn't immediately provide documentation, we would be charged an additional $250. As a result, I was forced out of my bed at 12:30 am to resolve this matter. Service animals are not pets. That are a necessary and prescribed aid to persons with disabilities, and as such, are protected under federal law. One would think that a chain as large as Hyatt would better train its staff regarding federal guidelines and the needs of guests with disabilities.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank shampooguru
Jay S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Downtown, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Hello Shampooguru,

Your candid feedback gives us an opportunity to further improve our services. We take every negative guest comment seriously and immediately find a solution so that it will never be repeated. We do take service animals very seriously and do not discriminate. We do have protocols when a guest notifies us that they have a service animal not only for your enjoyment of the hotel but also for the staff safety especially when the housekeeper goes to clean the room. I am not sure if this was the case, but we did have a room within the last week that did not notify us when checking into the hotel that they had a service animal, but rather discreetly brought the animal into the hotel. This of course raised many flags and put the staff on edge. I do apologize if this transposed onto you.
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Recently I spent four very cold January days in downtown Minneapolis and the experience was wonderfully warm thanks in no small part to this hotel. The skyway access allowed me to walk all over downtown Minneapolis without ever going outside. Public transportation (the blue line train) takes one directly to the airport, to Mall of America and to IKEA. It's five blocks from the hotel but, thanks to the Skyway, only one half block is outside.
The hotel room was spacious, comfortable, attractive and clean. I particularly enjoyed the view of the downtown skyline which was lovely at night.
The staff was courteous and helpful.
I didn't expect such a great place to stay. I couldn't have asked for more!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Pat B
Jay S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Downtown, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Pat B, Thank you for recommending our property to our fellow Trip Advisor readers. It is an honor to have such a fantastic review written. The Skyway access is a great thing when the temperatures are so low as well as the light rail to the airport and Mall of America being so close. Hopefully the weather will be more appealing upon your next visit to Minneapolis.
Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again soon.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Our room was literally double the standard hotel room size - any other hotel and it would have been classified as a suite. Beautifully kitted out, everything new, very comfy beds, 2 huge tvs, fridge ( empty so really useful to put your own snacks/drinks in!). Used the gym alot (it was jan and freezing outside!) which was great. Hotel is linked by the skywalk to everything, so could go to Macys/Saks etc without stepping outside - took about 7/8 minutes. Only thing the hotel didn't do was room service - but you could phone up, order food then nip to the bar and collect. If you can cope without room service it has everything else and is much better value than most hotels. Great breakfasts, hot and cold choices - didn't seem to mind people taken a plate of croissants up to the room!Will definitely stay here next visit to MSP!

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be huge - pick any!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Will A
Will A, Thank you for such a fantastic Trip Advisor review! We are thrilled that you had such a fantastic experience that was only enhanced by the wonderful team of individuals we are able to work with each and every day.
It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we do hope to see you again soon.
Indiana
Reviewed 26 January 2014

In this segment, I'm usually a HGI/Four Points kind of guy but fate brought me to this hotel when I was in the Twin Cities in October, and I'm glad I stayed here. The hotel is brand new and sort of difficult to find (none of my taxi drivers knew how to get there) but the newness is worth it. They had all of the amenities a traveller like me generally looks for at a minimum: clean rooms, bar, and a place to get some reasonably priced food late at night. This hotel checked all the boxes, and also had some well designed common areas and a well-maintained breakfast area, perfect for mingling with family, friends or colleagues. My suite was also very spacious, with decent furnishings. Although the hotel is technically located downtown, it's sort of on the fringes of downtown but it's not too much of a walk to restaurants, etc. For the price, it may be the best hotels I've stayed in over the last year.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank PersonalEnsign
Jay S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Downtown, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
IndiePilot, thank you for such a great review of our property. We are so glad to see you had such a fabulous experience and we hope to have you as our guest again soon, and hey, bring your friends! With a few months being open now, I hope the taxi cab driver will be able to find us better.
Thank you again.