I occasionally travel to Minneapolis for work, and my first stay at Hyatt Place was so pleasant I will definitely go back. The hotel is about a 5-10 minute walk from my office location in the central downtown area, and conveniently connected by Skyway if the weather is inclement. What made my stay so excellent was the front desk staff. Upon check in, I was offered a complimentary upgrade to a corner suite, which was a great surprise. The room was very clean, spacious and comfortable; I have been spoiled and won't want to stay in a regular room the next time! At checkout, I asked where I could change from my work clothes into jeans (for the plane home). I have to give a special shout out to Mitchell, who overheard my question to another member of staff (who was about to direct me to the lobby restroom) and insisted I use an empty guest room on the first floor near the lobby. I thought that was just 'above and beyond' kind, and I really appreciated the extra space so I could change comfortably and pack my work clothes into my bag. I feel like little gestures like that are often lost on hotel staff these days, so they are something that guests remember. I would gladly recommend the hotel to anyone and look forward to my next stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the newly renovated Hyatt Place, perfectly situated in downtown Minneapolis. Following the recently completed $20 million dollar transformation, guests will enjoy a striking new lobby, 213 luxurious suites, meeting facilities, pool area, workout facilities and a brand new restaurant and bar. Connected to the cities iconic climate controlled Skyway, you are mere minutes away from the Convention Center, expansive shopping options, amazing restaurants, and vibrant nightlife. You're within walking distance to the home of the Minnesota Twins, Target Field, location of the 2014 MLB All-Star game. You're also a short walk to Mall of America Field, home of the Minnesota Vikings. Located less than three blocks away from the revolutionary Hiawatha Light Rail, you can travel easily to and from the MSP International airport as well as the world renowned Mall of America. A short stroll to the Mississippi waterfront is home to the Mill City District. Rich in history, the area boasts fine dining, striking views of Saint Anthony Falls, gorgeous parks, and extensive walking and bike paths ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel Minneapolis
- Comfort Suites Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Embassy Suites