“Great experience for a quick business trip”

Ramada Plaza Minneapolis
Ranked #20 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Fargo, North Dakota
“Great experience for a quick business trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

For my purposes it was in a convenient location, was clean and had the basics for a comfortable night stay. I would agree with the other reviewer regarding the old school in wall heater/ac being a little touchy, but overall not a concern. Had small issue at check-in with my prepayment through a 3rd party, but this was resolved. Thankfully they had open rooms so that it was not an issue. Check-in desk could use a rehab, it is looking a bit worn compared to the rest of the lobby area.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
RamadaPlazaMpls, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Minneapolis, responded to this review, 30 November 2011
Thank you for your review. We are also glad we were able to resolve your check-in issue quickly and efficiently. You mentioned that the check-in desk could use a rehab. We hear you. Plans are in the works to redesign the front desk to make it easier to check-in and out. It should be complete by early spring 2012.

Thanks again for your comments and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
MN - USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

Great location for either Mpls or St Paul. Easy to get to either downtown without the hassle of the 494 strip or actually being downtown.

Hotel is an old Hilton that is was taken over by Ramada. It's going through a nice renovation and has very nice amenities.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Thanks for your comments. We like our location, too. We are in the next phase of renovation -- with minimal disruption to guests, of course -- and we are excited. Hope that next time you are in the area you will stay with us and experience all the new changes.

Thanks again.
Golden, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2011

When my friend booked this hotel for me, I just kindd of worried because it is a little far away from downtown and I hadn't rent a car at that time. Fortunately they provide free shuttle, awesome! And the staff there is very friendly and helpful. Consider the money I paid, it is totally worth it!!

Room Tip: Higher floors are very quite!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
RamadaPlazaMpls, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Minneapolis, responded to this review, 14 November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on Trip Advisor. We're glad you had a positive experience. We hope to see you again soon.
Moret-sur-Loing, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

I liked the reception as the girl was very welcoming when you check in, and this is considering checking in at late at night.

However, the rooms are very basic. I did not like the fact that you can hear what your next door neighbor through the door-in-between-rooms, nor did I necessarily like the weird aircon/heating (it was either too hot or too cold, and I can't seem to find the thermostat).

Other than that, it was OK

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Thanks for the post. We appreciate your feedback. Just want to let you know that we are making tweaks and upgrades to our hotel based on your feedback and others. We start at the end of Nov. More details to come.
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2011

I was very impressed by the customer service and especialy the free van shuttle to downtown Minneapolis. The hotel is only about 5-7 mins from downtown and they drop you off at very convenient locations to all the best spits. For me, I went to Target Field and they dropped me off a block away. They aso go to Mall of America. Rooms were clean. Nice pool. Price is affordable. I recommend.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank wolftab
RamadaPlazaMpls, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Minneapolis, responded to this review, 28 October 2011
Thanks for the time you took to write a review. We appreciate the kind words.
Plymouth
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2011

I hosted a wedding at this location in September of 2011 and the bridal party was not accommodated properly. In the bride and groom suite they were supposed to be greeted with a welcoming basket, champagne, treats, etc – nothing in there room.

The staff working the wedding reception threw away ½ of the wedding décor. I had created special cake platters for this couple with rubber calla lily flowers in the center of each one and for some reason the staff decided to just throw them away – after 3 people told them they were to be saved. I had created a whole wedding ensemble for 15 tables and the head table (table runners, cake plates, calla lilies, rose petals, etc) and 13 of the items were thrown away and the company is unwilling to reimburse.

Don’t waste your time or money here.

The rooms aren’t great, the service isn’t great, and they sure don’t make you feel “special” on your wedding day. This is the day the bride is going to remember forever. The terrible service and staff he had – not the friends, family and love that surrounded her.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank J S
Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

I stayed at the Ramada during the MN State Fair time for my 30 year class reunion. I was pleased that we were given a free shuttle to the fair and tickets in our package as well. The price for a Friday and Saturday night stay was very good as well. It's a CLEAN hotel with a great bar and courtyard. I smoke so it was nice to sit outside with our cocktails and soak up the sun. I would highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends