“After our wonderful stay at the Plaza, we will not stay anywhere else in the Twin Cities”

Ramada Plaza Minneapolis
Ranked #23 of 52 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed 6 April 2010

Our daughter celebrated her 16th birthday in January with family and friends at the Plaza after shopping at the Mall of America. Staying at the newly redecorated, full-service hotel with many amenities and prime location had us returning in March for a family ski trip.

The staff were very friendly and did everything they could to make Anna's birthday special. Our 23 year old son also loved being minutes from the fun night life of down town Mnpls.

We look forward to our next stay at the Plaza and do not plan to stay anywhere else in the Twin Cities Metro area

1  Thank madhouse10
Write a ReviewReviews (1,292)

Reviewed 22 March 2010

Friendly staff greeted us. Beautiful lobby area. Liked the easy access to the lobby and elevators from either side of the parking lot. The room was great, very clean. Pleanty of room for 2 teenage girls and all their "stuff". It was very quiet, didn't hear a thing at night. It was a Saturday night and know there were other sports teams at the hotel. Did not get to the pool, as the girls games did not allow extra time!

Reviewed 21 March 2010

This was our second time staying here and we were vary impressed with the remodeling they have done. The staff was friendly and always willing to help. The room that we stayed in was the one bedroom suite. It had plenty of room for our family of 6 and the microwave, fridge, and sink came in handy. The location is great, vary quiet And was a short drive to go anywhere we wanted to go. We will for sure stay there again.

Reviewed 21 March 2010

Stayed here to watch my son swim NCAA. Was looking for something that would not bankrupt me, but wouldn't creep me out. I ended up with a very nice room and great ammenities!

Pros:
Large clean room
Morning coffee
Afternoon coffee/cookies
Nice pool/exercise area
Helpful front desk staff
Great happy hour in lounge

Cons:
Rooms not soundproofed to hallway
Iffy shuttle service (none on Sunday)

After my arrival, my husband arrived with a car, so that ended up not being a big deal. There is a Wendy's and a mini-mart across the street, and a shop that advertised homemade soup and sandwiches. But we ended up using the lounge when we wated to eat here. Half priced appetizers during happy hour; the quesidilla was enough for a whole meal! A great side trip was to the Minnehaha Falls.

I would stay here again if we needed to be in the Minneapolis area!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2010

I was very happy with my stay. The rooms were clean and decorated very nice. I really enjoyed the staff and the food in the restaurant. I did go look at the swimming pool and gym, it was nice. I forgot my suit but will bring it on my next visit. I have already booked another room for this year for the big Classic car show in Minn.I really enjoyed the nice fireplace in the lobby great for winters in Minneapoli

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2010

As a family we took a trip to Minneapolis to shop at the Mall of America. We had stayed at this hotel when it was the Sheraton but it was amazing to see all the remodeling and upgrades the Ramada has done. That made our stay a very pleasant suprise!! The rates were good, the hotel was quiet, and the food was awesome! I had the barbequed ribs and my wife had grilled salmon and they were in the top five meals that we have ever had at a hotel. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone and everyone.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2010

The above quote was snapped at us by a very rude hotel employee. Thumbs down.

Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
whodat23, Director of Revenue Management at Ramada Plaza Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2010

Dear Guest: