Crowne Plaza Northstar
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsquiet floorfront deskroom was cleanan older hotelparking ramplight railthe club loungebusiness tripwalking distancetarget centertwins gameone night staydowntown locationhotel baran upgradedefinitely stay here againroom key
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I was in town for a conference at the convention center. The hotel is about 10 blocks from the arena. Its a nice walk in the spring/summer/fall but would be pretty cold in the winter. (skyways available but a bit of a maze)

Most people stayed at a hotel closer to the venue but I got a great deal through hotwire and I am glad I made the choice to stay at the Crowne Plaza Northstar.

The guest service manager Jackie Letour and her staff were very friendly when I walked in and we all had a nice chat and I felt welcomed which is very important to me, and they let me check in at 2:30 no problem and gave me a great room.

The room was spacious with a great two sided window view. (My friends who stayed at the other hotel had tiny rooms)

The room was clean and quiet and the shower was great.

The gym is an important "must have" for me and the workout facility was great and clean....AND FREE!

The service was excellent and the staff friendly all over the hotel.

The bar downstairs is very nice and the bar staff were great and enjoyed serving their clientele. nice fire place for the winter too!

Any time you stay on downtown Mpls. be prepared to pay a premium for parking, but the lots were attached to the building which was great.

Couple "averages"...the lobby is very small and does not have the "wow" factor of other downtown hotels where I have stayed.

I tried to print out some tickets in the business center and the computer did not have the program I needed which was frustrating .

Overall I enjoyed my stay mostly because of the staff

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
GMCPNorthstar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Northstar, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

PositiveP,

Thank you for chosing the Crowne Plaza Northstar for your recent visit to Minneapolis. I am very proud of the staff at the hotel and Jackie is a wonderful leader for them. The skyway system is a great benefit particularily in the winter months, inquire with the front desk for a very detailed map showing all of the connections.

We look forward to having you stay with us again. Have a great day.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

When we checked in, we had some difficulty with our reservations but they were errors on the part of the person with us that had made the reservations.(This I determined when we got home). They were very friendly and helpful, even the manager on duty named Jackie.whom we asked to speak to. Jackie gave us our free breakfasts, and free parking as advertised when our friend booked it.... .only to find out when we returned home, he hadn't booked on their actual site. As Jackie explained, often times these sites come up first and visitors book thru them thinking they are booking thru the hotel and then are confused when they don't get everything they are promised. Sorry Jackie.
The rooms are beautiful, well kept, and clean and the breakfasts were very good. The staff ALWAYS greeted us in the hallways and elevators...a plus.
My wife had the misfortune of getting very ill on day and I stopped the supervisor of houskeeping and asked how I would get my wife to urgent care as I have no vehicle or even any knowledge where to go. He told me to comedownstairs and he would have a taxi waiting for me. When we got down there he told me the hotel would pay for my taxi ride to Urgent Care and back to the Hotel...Wow...these people are WONDERFUL!! After heading to Urgent Care and then a trip to the ER we returned back to the hotel 5 hours later. The staff asked us how everything went when we passed the check in desk. I explained quickly what happened and asked where I might find some apple juice. They said dont worry we will have some sent up to you....it almost beat us there. I am so amazed at the caring staff and the professionalism they showed from checkin to check out....Thanks so much for everyone that helped us..

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Fasteddy1954,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza for your recent visit to Minneapolis. On behalf of all the staff at the Crowne Plaza, we hope that your wife is doing well. I am very proud of the staff we have at the hotel and their desire to provide excellent service.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Enjoy your day.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Hotel room was nice but the walls are paper thin. I could hear everything from the couple fighting to the TV. The bed and sheets were not very comfortable either. The room was clean, modern and nice out side of these items.

• Stayed: April 2014
GMCPNorthstar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Northstar, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

GeneralZodd,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Minneapolis. I am dissapointed to hear that you were bothered by nearby neighbors. Please contact the hotel and ask to speak with the general manager as I would like to discuss your stay further.

Thank you.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

This hotel is in a great location, has very nice rooms, and reasonable parking, but what I like the most is the customer service. We were in town for a "girls weekend" attending a play at the Orpheum, then looking to find the final four on TV somewhere. I asked at the desk, when we checked in, for a good location to watch the Badgers in the Final four. She gave me some suggestions which was great. However, the excellent customer service was the fact that I received a phone call from Catherine, who was the person that checked us in at the front desk. She called to let me know that she had found out that there was a "Badger Bar" and that we would probably enjoy it there since she knew we were Badger fans. I have never had a hotel go above and beyond like that. That was excellent customer service.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
GMCPNorthstar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Northstar, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Kriesejd,

Thank you for staying with us at the Crowne Plaza Minneapolis for a recent girl's getaway. Catherine is a wonderful asset to the hotel and I am proud to read about the high level of service she provided. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Have a great day.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We appreciated the large rooms and bathrooms with lots of mirrors for the wedding party! After we got past some initial rudeness and un-helpfulness, the front desk girls snapped around and got us checked in and gave us the bellhop we requested. After that, everyone was very helpful and wonderful and stored the wedding cake and helped print out the vows, et. our hats are off to them all!

Room Tip: The 15th floor corner suite was perfect to accommodate the wedding preparations and had a beautiful view!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
GMCPNorthstar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Northstar, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

hotmommacomma,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Minneapolis. I am sorry to hear about your initial check in experience and I am glad we recovered quickly and the rest of your stay went well. The larger rooms with a 2nd bathroom are ideal for guests getting ready for a wedding or any special occassion.

Have a great day and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.