“Good location”

Ranked #31 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Canada
“Good location”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stayed here one night and got a deal through Hotwire. Glad we did - it would have been a bitter pill paying almost double for our room. Though it was nice and actually fairly roomy for a downtown hotel, the pillows on the bed were very uncomfortable and though there were many, they all seemed to be the same type. I had a terrible sleep and still had a kink in my neck 3 days later. The room we had looked out onto a nice courtyard though - also nice considering our last downtown hotel had a view of a brick wall and an alley. The bathroom was nice (marble) but the tub and tile surround seemed dated and the tub didn't drain (we told them at the front desk on check out and they were sending someone up to fix it). Bottom line: if you can swing a good deal, it's worth it, but maybe bring your own pillow!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
GMCPNorthstar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Jenwpg,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza on your recent visit to Minneapolis. I appreciate your feedback on the bath tub drain and the pillows, I will make sure these items have been addressed. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Have a great day.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We celebrated our wedding there this weekend and had an absolutely wonderful experience. The staff was amazing, accomodating, helpful, friendly & went above & beyond my expectations. The wedding suite is a very large room and features it's own patio w/heated floors! The downstairs bar was also great to have and the bartending staff were so friendly! I recommend this hotel for sure!

The only issue I had was problems booking rooms for guests. Many of my guests mentioned that they were told the hotel was completely booked for the night when in fact it was not. I'm not sure what caused the miscommunication, but it did cause some frustration.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Molly N,

Congratulations to you and your husband, we are very honored that you chose us as your host for this very special day! Thank you for the great comments about our staff and the hotel, we look forward to having you as our guests again in the future.

New York, New York
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The hotel is very well situated in downtown. rooms are clean but the furniture looks dated. Parking cost is $22 per day with in&out privilege. There is a nice restaurant/bar at the entrance of the hotel but this costed the lobby area, it is very small. Overall an acceptable hotel for business visits.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
GMCPNorthstar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Travelhappy97,

Thank you for staying with us at the Crowne Plaza Northstar. I appreciate the positive feedback on the restaurant experience. We continue to work on improving the guest room experience and I am dissapointed in the condition of the furniture in your room. Please contact us so that we can confirm your specific room number.

Thank you and have a great day.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Hotel was very accommodating: called and made a reservation for 3 people the morning of and they gave us a great hotel room. We were on the 10th floor... 2 queen beds.
The room was very clean and open and surprisingly roomy/large.

The bathroom was white and black marble and there was a powder area outside of it with an extra sink (sink inside the actual bathroom too)

The usual amenities, iron, board, blow dryer in the bathroom.

We ordered room service and it arrived quickly and the person who brought it up was very friendly.

Front desk staff was super informative, and gave us breakfast vouchers, so thank you crowne plaza for that!

Only downfall from a personal opinion is the mattress was too soft for me (but others like soft mattresses).

Overall a great experience, even though the stay was short.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
GMCPNorthstar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Alohasun3,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Northstar on your recent visit to Minneapolis. I appreciate the great comments about your stay and wish you could have stayed longer! We look forward to having you stay with us again next time you are in Minneapolis.

Have a great day
Denton, Texas
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The staff was great and the rooms were nice, but this was a very noisy hotel. There were several volleyball teams staying there, and one team was a real problem. I called the first two nights to complain about the noise. Girls were running, slamming doors, screaming and laughing way into the night. I was told they would take care of the problem, but after two nights with no results, I asked to be moved to a room on another floor. The staff was accommodating in that regard, but I felt like the problem should have been handled the first night. Apparently it went on for the rest of the weekend, because I had friends complaining about it. This hotel seems to be a popular venue for weddings and receptions, which added to the crowds and noise.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room on their "gauranteed quiet" floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
GMCPNorthstar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
MS,

Thank you for chosing the Crowne Plaza for your recent visit to Minneapolis. I am sorry to hear that you were disturbed by a noisy team at the hotel. i would like to invite you back for another stay to allow you to better experience our hotel. Please call the hotel and ask for the general manager and we will make arrangements for your next stay.

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here on our honeymoon and couldn't have been happier. The staff was friendly, the room service was timely and tasty, and the rooms were clean. Good value for a nice hotel. I will be staying here on my next trip to the twin cities.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jesse W
GMCPNorthstar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Jesse W,

Congratulations on your recent marriage and thank you for celebrating your honeymoon with us! We look forward to seeing you again next time in Minneapolis.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Great hotel, great staff, nice rooms but my whole experience was almost ruined because of some extremely loud people. I thought they were on my floor running up and down the halls acting like fools. After I called and complained I thought the noise would stop. NOPE not at all. Actually didn't seem to stop at all. Come to find out these people were on the 14th floor not my floor the 15th. That should tell you how loud they were. Disappointed that the hotel didn't get this taken care of considering there were a lot of kids there playing volleyball the next morning at 8. One other thing I do at hotels and did at this one was always blow a booger on the shower wall to see if it actually gets cleaned. Nope Sunday morning I had to clean the booger off my wall. I just hope the rest of the room actually got cleaned. Other than this the hotel is nice and I would stay there again, but only if it doesn't have crazy loud people on the floor below me yelling and screaming half the time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ryan J
GMCPNorthstar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Ryan J,

Thank you for staying with us at the Crowne Plaza during your recent visit to Minneapolis. I am dissapointed to hear about your experience on the last night with the noise on the floor below you. Please contact the hotel and ask to speak with Aaron the general manager to discuss your stay further.

I look forward to speaking with you, have a great day.