“nice walking distance to convention center”

Crowne Plaza Northstar
Ranked #35 of 50 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Nice hotel, nice service, couple nice restaurants. no pool, exercise room lacking but staff very helpful. A little expensive for the rooms but not bad.(I'm here during a major convention).
I rated Pool terrible and was unable to erase, again no pool

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
GMCPNorthstar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Northstar, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Fred060901,

Thank you for chosing the Crowne Plaza during your recent visit to Minneapolis. We enjoyed having your group stay with us for the convention and hope we have the opportunity again to have you as our guest.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Parking in the ramp connected to the hotel is $20 per night, but the staff at the registration desk were very friendly and our room was comfortable and clean. We stayed on a Sunday evening and the hotel was very quiet. We have stayed here at least twice and like it. I agree it's not the best hotel in downtown Minneapolis, but we've certainly stayed in much less restful ones.

Room Tip: We asked for a room away from the elevator and the ice machine.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
GMCPNorthstar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Northstar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Larry P,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to the Crowne Plaza Northstar. I appreciate your positive feedback regarding our front desk staff, they are a great team!

We look forward to your next visit to Minneapolis. Have a great day.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Traveled for a conference that was being held at the hotel. Impressed from the moment I walked in the door. Lobby was lovely, friendly staff at the desk. Check-in was quick and efficient. They even gave us a great local dinner recommendation! At check-in, I was informed that I had been given an upgrade to a corner room on 16th(quiet) floor, standard king but a little more spacious, with a view of the rooftop garden on 8, and that there were complimentary appetizers (desserts, stuffed mushrooms, cheese tray, bacon-wrapped shrimp and chicken wings among other things) and drinks in the club lounge since I was a Gold IHG member. They would also serve a light breakfast there in the morning- fruit cereal coffee juice yogurt quiche assorted breads and pastries.
Key access to guest floors in the elevator. Everything was very clean, LOTS of natural light in that corner room which was lovely. Could see the Minneapolis sunset between the buildings. Temperature in the room was comfortable upon arrival, and the AC worked like a dream! Only thing I wished for in the room was a refrigerator, but we were only there one night and made due with the Ice bucket no problem. There was even a safe in the room!
Meeting rooms were also nice on the 7th floor. I did not eat lunch in the restaurant on break, but the food looked delicious through the window!
All staff I encountered were warm and friendly, from Kailtlyn at check-in, Terri in sales who hosted the manager's reception in the evening, every housekeeper I encountered in the hallway, Jolene and Jackie at the desk, to the night time maintenance man with the cool accent, whose name escapes me at the moment, but I enjoyed our chats in the elevator:)
Ramp parking is $22 daily. I forgot to get a parking pass at check-in, we left for dinner, sucked it up and paid the $6 that night for the two hours or so we had been there since checking in. I mentioned it at check-out, and Jolene informed me that if I still had the receipt(I did,) that they could re-reimburse me since I ended up later buying a parking pass! I know $6 dollars doesn't seem like much, but I was travelling on a budget and was pleasantly surprised, and elated, when they were able to do this for me! So thanks!
OH! And coffee was AMAZING! Seems trivial but it's pretty important to me.
I will DEFINITELY stay here again when I am in the cities!

Room Tip: 16th floor is a designated "quiet floor" Corner rooms have lots of natural light
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
GMCPNorthstar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Northstar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Mads729,

It was truly our pleasure to have you and your colleagues stay with us during your recent conference. I appreciate you taking the time to acknowledge some many of our wonderful staff members! We look forward to the opportunity to have you stay with us again.

Thank you and have a great day!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here for our nephews wedding. I thought it was nice, it was clean, the room was of good size. Only downside was the lack of parking. I would stay again if I had to visit the Minneapolis area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Billiejo H,

Thank you for chosing the Crowne Plaza Northstar during your recent visit to Minneapolis. Congratulations on your nephew's wedding, we enjoyed having you and your family as our guests and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I booked a room for a Saturday night. I've stayed at many downtown hotels in Minneapolis and this is the first one I found that didn't have valet parking. It was an awkward check-in. I had the bell man take my bags in thinking I could get them sent to my room while I parked the car. No such luck. After registering, I had to schlep my bags back to the car and then go to the parking ramp around the corner. The Northstar ramp was one of the most convoluted I've ever navigated!
Once I got to the room I found it very small--NYC small!
It was clean and quiet, but I don't think I'll go back again.

Room Tip: If you don't have to park a car, I guess it's a good value.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
GMCPNorthstar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Northstar, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

billwmn,

Thank you for staying with us while visiting Minneapolis. We are looking into the possibility of adding valet service to the hotel, I am sorry to hear that your bags were not brought to your room as this is a service that should be offered to all guests. Please contact the hotel and ask to speak with Aaron, the general manager to discuss your stay further.

Thank you and have a great day.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Very noisy hotel. Always loud parties, loud guests till the early morning hours. Do not stay here if you expect a peaceful, respectful stay. I have given this hotel yet another chance and they have failed again. There are better hotels in downtown Minneapolis than this.

• Stayed: May 2014

bklynfa,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza. I apologize for the loud neighbors keeping you up at night. We are diligently working with our security department to ensure that all guests are respectful of other's comfort. please contact the hotel and ask to speak with the general manager.

Thank you.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

My daughter's wedding was held here and everything was top notch a Service, cleanliness, friendly staff. If you have a wedding coming up I would suggest to look into this hotel. Your guests will love staying here.

• Stayed: April 2014

Js2AB,

Thank you for chosing the Crowne Plaza Northstar to celebrate your daugher's special day! We enjoyed being the host and glad everyone enjoyed their stay. Congratulations and we wish many wonderful years together for your daughter and son in-law.