“Very nice hotel!”

Ranked #33 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Urbandale, Iowa
“Very nice hotel!”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Very nice room! We would have said it deserves at least a 4 star! Parking in the ramp next door was only $12 with in and out privileges. Restaurant/bar downstairs that we did not use since we wanted to walk around downtown a bit. Safe area. Lots of restaurants nearby. Internet was free if I became a Club Member (which was also free!). Very clean in room and common areas.

• Stayed September 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cherylcampbell13
GMCPNorthstarMpls, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Cherylcampbell13,

Thank you for chosing the Crowne Plaza for your recent stay in Minneapolis. We are glad that you were able to utilize the discounted parking rate of $12 while staying at the hotel. The discounted rate applies to Friday and Saturday nights.

We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Location downtown is great around restaurants, Target Field, bars, etc. The hotel itself is nothing exciting--tiny fitness center, super slow elevators, no fridge/microwave in room. Has potential to be great but as of now is pretty lame.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
GMCPNorthstarMpls, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Ben P,

Thank you for chosing the Crowne Plaza. We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the issues you encountered with your room. We would like the opportunity to talk with you further about your stay, please contact the hotel and ask for the General Manager.

Apollo Beach, Florida
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Stayed here for about week while doing business in the MSP area. My company picked the location and I am happy with the choice they made. I am not much of a fan of downtown areas, the traffic (and believe me there is traffic here) is just not something I am accustomed to and try to avoid. The hotel, however, was a great place to unwind and get back to after the work was done. The beds made me feel like I was being absorbed into them, the rooms were clean, and I had a great view of the downtown area. A nice little work-out facility and a quaint little garden-patio area that I would use to read the paper, drink coffee, and relax. I did not interact with the staff other than the initial check-in, but that 10 minutes I spent with them was great as they guided me around the local area, provided suggestions for dining, shopping, and sights, and I will leave here with another hotel to add to my ---return to --- list.

Room Tip: The higher up, the more you can see
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
GMCPNorthstarMpls, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Daniel H,

Thank you for staying with us at the Crowne Plaza Northstar during your recent business trip to Minneapolis. I am glad you were able to enjoy our 8th floor sky garden and found the location to be accessible your office and other venues in the downtown area.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I came for work and had read the lukewarm reviews, the positive and negative. The room had a great view of downtown Minneapolis and it's near many things including my clients. The negative, oh my! The room was dirty, my bed was not made by housekeeping, the bedspread was clearly soiled when I checked in, the bathroom needed some deep cleaning. Honestly too much money for a hotel that needs some major help in the quality department. I would not recommend this hotel to others and would stay elsewhere in the area for my next visit to Minneapolis.

Room Tip: Check your sheets!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
GMCPNorthstarMpls, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Anna S,

Thank you for staying with us at the Crowne Plaza. I am dissapointed to hear about the cleanliness issues you experience in your room. Please contact the hotel General Manager to discuss in more detail your stay.

Thank you and have a great day.
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Proximity, quality, comfort, and cleanliness sum up the Crowne Plaza Downtown. Our schedule was tight, and we got to the hotel just before first pitch. The front desk staff were very professional, and "quick" as they knew we wanted to drop and go. Everyone was very friendly and courteous. We dropped our bags, but had to pause for a minute to enjoy the clean, spacious room. I've stayed here before for business, and always feel safe and comfortable.

This time was no exception.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
GLang3,

Thank you for your loyalty to the Crowne Plaza Northstar in downtown Minneapolis. We always enjoy having you stay with us whether it is for business or attending a Twin's game. Until next time, have a great day!

Aaron
Minneapolis
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The hotel is quite nice and the Executive Lounge amenities are good. Rooms are average size,but clean. Main complaint I have is that getting out of the parking garage is a nightmare. The hotel uses a public parking garage right next door and they give you a white ticket that shows the charges will be posted to your room...BUT...they don't tell you that you have to keep your original parking ticket, pulled from the machine when you enter, in order to leave. I left mine in my room with my key when I checked out and just took the white parking receipt. The lady parking attendant went on and on about how I should have the original ticket, (which the front desk didn't tell me), and made me fill out a lost ticket form, even though I was checking out and nor returning...this whole process took over 15mins, and actually made me late for my morning meeting. I might consider staying here the next time I'm in Minneapolis, but I'like probably stay at another hotel first to compare with this one. Do give yourself at least 15-20 longer than you'd think you need to get out of the parking garage.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank bookwormdj
GMCPNorthstarMpls, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
bookwormdj,

Thank you for chosing the Crowne Plaza for your recent stay in Minneapolis. I am sorry to hear that you had difficulty dealing wit the parking ramp attendant. The parking process should go much smoother than it did for you. I will work with the parking manager to ensure a much smoother process for our guests. Please contac the hotel and ask to speak with the general manager to discuss your stay further.

Thank you and have a great day.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 4 August 2014

At the last minute I had to find a place to stay over night in Minneapolis. The Crowne Plaza Downtown is centrally located only three blocks east from Target Center, six blocks east from Target Field, Nicollet Mall is only two blocks west. The Guthrie Theater, and Mill City Museum are only about a 12 minute walk northeast of this hotel. The front desk staff is very helpful when giving directions. The Light Rail Blue Line takes you to and from the airport leaving you only two blocks from the hotel when you arrive downtown at 6th & Nicollet Mall. The Crowne Plaza Downtown came through in the clutch for me. I enjoyed a weekend discount as well.

Room Tip: My room in the 12th food was great except for a bit of noise from people returning from a night out...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Snikpoh8,

Thank you for selecting the Crowne Plaza for a last minute stay in Minneapolis. As you mentioned, we are ideally located to many sporting, entertainment and dining venues. We enjoyed having you stay with us and look forward to seeing you again soon.