“above average even with buzz of a conference hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hyatt Regency Minneapolis
Ranked #14 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“above average even with buzz of a conference hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

Checked in for three nights Sunday to Wednesday. We weren't part of a large conference also going on in the hotel, but it didn't seem to affect us much.

The lobby and public areas seem to have recently been updated and have a good feel. The pool was a disappointment but the fitness center was very above average.

The self-parking ($17/night) was significantly cheaper than valet ($30) and relatively easy to figure out. The front desk staff were helpful, including accommodating our request to push checkout by a half hour (to 12:30 p.m. instead of noon).

The room was nicely appointed with a nice bed/bedding. The bathroom was above average -- spacious with nice tile/counter. The housekeeping was above average -- very attentive to restocking things and generally tidying up.

I'd ask for a room away from the elevators -- the way they're set up, there's four rooms on each floor exceptionally close to the elevator bank, which could get annoying. We didn't have to pay for internet as part of our rate, but I think it's a standard charge, which would be disappointing.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review! There certainly has been a buzz around the hotel with our recent occupancy levels. The space feels so great with all of the activity! The fitness center is certainly a favorite of mine. We hope to see you back very soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

This was the first time I experienced the Hyatt Regency in Minneapolis and was very pleased. The club floor rooms are the way to go. Not huge,but very well equipped. The hotel has new proximity locks on their doors so my cell phone does not demagnetize my key card.Nice to have an in room safe with a light inside the safe. Kirk the Concierge was very helpful and sure knows his restaurants.Great bed and good housekeeping. The Wifi worked well.

Room Tip: Club Floor
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for recognizing Kirk in our Regency Club! He is a fantastic member of our team and represents all so very well. The RFID keys are fantastic and make things very convenient. We are glad you were here and don't forget to come back and visit Kirk in the future!
Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here during a conference at the convention center. I had requested a Diamond Suite upgrade with this stay, but it was not recognized at check in. I inquired and received a deluxe king, which was a large room with a small living area, which is about what I had expected. The room was at the end of the hall in the third floor. All the sites I was told are on low floors. It was a LONG walk to the elevators through a maze, and even longer to the ice machine. Had the ice been closer it would have been more acceptable. Room was clean and the bathroom shower was terrific. Large floor to ceiling windows looked out at...the millennium hotel. Oh we'll. Very small, attended, Regency Club with your normal fare. Fortunately it was not busy when I was there. Restaurant is pretty good--I like the farm to market concept and this one does it as we'll as any hotel would. Nice comfortable lobby where I hung out one night just to people watch and enjoy the ambiance. Short walk to restaurants and the convention center. My only complaint about service was at the bar. The bartender seemed to ignore new customers to concentrate on other duties, creating long waits to the drink order. She
was recommending/pushing the fish dinner which unfortunately was tasteless not only to me but the 2 others who got it at the bar at the same time. Oh well.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for the feedback and I appreciate your loyalty to Hyatt as a Diamond Member. I'm glad that most of your experience was very positive but am certainly concerned regarding the attitude of the bartender. Would love to speak with you personally if you have a moment. I can be reached at mark.becker@hyatt.com or 612.596.4505 We hope to see you soon!
Bradenton, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

I found the staff very friendly. I have trouble with dust (makes me cough at night). I gave the room attendant 20 bucks to do dusting and vacuuming. She did a job worth 5 bucks. I then asked the front desk for specific dusting such as baseboards (they were pretty bad) and it never got done. Luckily I had some Zyrtec and I dusted myself. I didn't think for 250 a night I would have to ask for the room to be cleaned. Also there were long brown hairs in the bathroom, kinda gross. My water glasses never got changed. Coffee supplies never replenished. I thought having the coffee stuff in the bathroom was rather odd. No mini bar or fridge. The restaurant staff was hit and miss. Chris was good and Mariam was terrific!! Some others not so great.

1 Thank B L
Thank you for taking the time to review. Certainly very concerned regarding your housekeeping experience and would love to talk to you if you have a moment. My email is mark.becker@hyatt.com or I can be reached at 612.596.4505. Thanks again!
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

Really nice hotel, close to many restaurants, pubs and Elliot mall downtown. There were five of us that stayed here for a football game in September and would recommend this place to anyone.We walked from the nearest LRT station at Elliot mall and were able to walk to the hotel in about 12-15 minutes.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thank you so much for the great review! We're pleased that you had such a good experience and hope you enjoyed the game. Hopefully you were able to enjoy some pre game beverages in Prairie Kitchen and Bar before heading over. We are certainly centrally located on the Mall and hope you come back for a future visit.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

On a 3 night stay for business, and my first time here. The hotel is very contemporary in style--not my favorite style but no point deductions there since that's a personal preference. Pros--the hotel has a shuttle that will take you to local restaurants then come get you, avoiding taxis. The bed was VERY comfortable. Cons--old soap scum on the tile wall of the shower-should NOT be present if housekeeping were more attentive. A major aggravation--no fitted bottom sheet!!!! Why should you have to fight with your sheet when staying in a higher priced hotel! I will never give a 5 star rating to a hotel with non-fitted sheet

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review. Glad you found the bed comfortable and that you enjoyed the shuttle service. My apologies for the dirty shower, not the type of cleanliness we typically provide. As it relates to the fitted bottom sheet, you are correct in saying that we do not have those in our guest rooms. As a brand, we triple sheet each bed so do not provide a fitted sheet. Certainly understand that it is a a must for some so I appreciate the comments. Thank you so staying with us and we appreciate the feedback.
Fairfax, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

The room (two queen beds) was beautiful. My adult daughter loved the bathroom so much she took a picture of it! We stayed on the 18th floor and the view of the city was extraordinary. The reception staff (Chris) could not have nicer and was very helpful. There is a Starbucks in the lobby which made my daughter very, very happy, and the lobby itself was awesome with a very large, modern fireplace. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The higher floors and city view are well worth it.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thank you so much for the great review! So glad you appreciated the renovation and that Chris provided the service that we we atrive to achieve every day. The lobby is a personal favorite and the Market serves some great offerings in addition to the Starbucks. Come back and see us soon!