“Hyatt Regency Minneapolis - Beautiful hotel, most staff is superior!”

Hyatt Regency Minneapolis
Ranked #13 of 52 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We just stayed 6 days at the Hyatt Regency Minneapolis. From the very beginning we were very impressed with the look of the hotel as well as the staff's willingness to assist us (Lizzie). We ran into a climate control problem in our room and feel that Patricia was highly professional in her handling of the situation. The food at the Prairie Kitchen was amazing and the server (gosh, I wish I could remember his name) was superior - he was the highlight of our stay. The market provides fresh, interesting offerings daily.. The exercise facilities, along with the basketball court were a welcome additional to our stay. The pool leaves so much to be desired. It is boring in appearance and it seems as though they renovated all but that space so there is a a stark contrast between the entire balance of the hotel and their pool. If they do plan to renovate, in the meanwhile, bringing in some nice lighting to make it more appealing and, perhaps some decor items (i.e. palm trees with tiny lights on them, tropical accents, nice lounger chairs and tables. We saw two people in pool over 6days I am surprised that this space is as stark and neglected as it is.

Josh, evening manager, needs additional training from Patricia on how to deal with customer concerns. His response to difficult situations is less than customer service focused. He has a good role model in Patricia and it would truly benefit the hotel if he were given the tools to handle situations with the customer in mind.

Room Tip: The room that we had had a stunning view, we didn't request it, we just received it. I think th...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review! I will certainly review your experience with Patricia to get all of the details. I appreciate your comments on the pool and we will see what we can do. Glad you enjoyed Prairie Kitchen and Bar and we look forward to your return.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,077)

Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Tagged along with my wife on a business trip, and had a great time.

The booking service we used booked us for two queens, and we really wanted a king. They not only resolved that issue, but upgraded us to an awesome executive suite. The check in took awhile, as there were two DJ's who weren't even checking in, but wanted to see the convention space, were hassling the agent to see it. Mind you it was 8pm on a Thursday night. He took care of them as quickly as he could, and then helped us with great care. It was a busy night as the Vikings were playing that night. He gave us a great recommendation for dinner, a short walk down the Nicolette Mall, which it sits on. Great location!

The room and all areas were beautiful, and just what you'd expect from Hyatt.

Breakfast was great, and the service in the restaurant was wonderful too.

Stay here it was awesome.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for the great review. So pleased that you enjoyed your experience and that we were able to upgrade you. Thank you again for visiting and we look forward to future visits for Vikings games!

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Stayed 2 days here first week in November. Hotel very nice, reasonable rates. Gym and pool excellent. Did not use restaurant so can't comment on that. Room was comfortable. Able to do work at the desk with ample space. Would stay here again

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review! So glad you had a great experience and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Got married in Minnesota and stayed in this recently renovated hotel. Booked a regular room and added and upgrade to a VIP suite. The suite was excellent. lots of room, beautifully appointed with a bar, fridge and additional bathroom. we actually had the small ceremony in the room. Bar and lobby are nice. location is excellent: on Nicolet Mall. Staff are friendly and very responsive. Pool is nice but no hot tub. I liked this hotel. Recent renovations are great. This hotel is good for a downtown event.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank WaupacaTraveller
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Congratulations! We're so pleased you stayed with us on this most important of occasions! We're thrilled that the suite was to your liking and that you had a great experience. Come back and see us for your anniversary!

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I stayed at the downtown Hyatt in November while attending an educators' conference at the convention center. It can be cold in Minneapolis in November, and the Hyatt, located directly across the street from the convention center, is connected to it with an enclosed, heated walkway over the street (one of several downtown). You never have to go outside. WiFi is free in the lobby, but I had to pay $29.95 for 3 days of WiFi in my room. After I returned home, Hyatt sent me a survey to fill out regarding my stay. In it I complained that they charged me for WiFi. Hyatt emailed to say they would remove the WiFi charge from my credit card...nice.
The Hyatt is within walking distance of the Nicollett "Mall" a collection of offices, restaurants, and shops...most notably Target...Minneapolis is the corporate headquarters for Target. You'll find lots of great places to eat like "Hell's Kitchen" This restaurant has excellent food and is always busy; and for those with a sense of humor, there is a sign located near the hostess' counter that says "Welcome to Hell". Also, try the French Cafe on the corner, about 800 feet from the Hyatt....delicious French Onion soup, wine......
The Hyatt is also about 12 blocks from the Light Rail (you can easily catch a ride to the Light Rail on the downtown buses labeled "Free Ride" for no cost at all). The Light Rail costs $1.75 one way, and a ticket can be purchased from a machine near the Light Rail. The Light Rail runs all the way out to the Mall of America...and stops at multiple locations such as the airport and the Metrodome....well worth the price of the ticket.
A one-way taxi ride from the airport to the Hyatt is $40.00. Take the Light Rail for $1.75 or a van (make a reservation ahead of time for $20.00).
I would stay here again, and I commend downtown Minneapolis for their planning. It's a great place to visit..who knew?

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

We knew and now we're so happy that you know also! There is so much to see and do in Minneapolis and our property is certainly at the heart of it all. Thank you for coming to see us and we hope you return in the summer time to see how vibrant the city is when the temperatures are perfect!

Reviewed 15 November 2013

This renovated hotel was very clean. The rooms were very nice and spotless. The bed was very comfortable. I usually don't sleep well in hotels, but this room was very comfortable. I didn't eat at the restaurant or spend any time in the bar area, but it looked roomy with lots of seating. The staff was very nice as well as the concierge. The bell hop was very helpful with my luggage and with directions to local eating establishments. Would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I arrived early on Sunday November 10th and was able to check into my room at 10 am. Fast check in and front desk staff was great all days I was there. The room was very comfortable and had a sharp contemporary look with some Minnesota ascents. House keep was very nice and always said hi when I met them. Bar / restaurant staff was good. A small note , breakfast two with tax and tip was $52 which I thought was a bit spendy. The quality of breakfast was very good.

I was in 4 days of meeting and seen much of the convention side of the hotel. Very nice meeting rooms, great staff available to help out with the event. I would recommend them to host an event to anyone.

Room Tip: The rooms on the north have a better view. I was on the 20th floor and looked over a parking ramp w...