“Clean, friendly, but a bit pricey.”

Hyatt Regency Minneapolis
Ranked #14 of 50 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Hotel is clean, rooms are modern and I had a great view of the city. Only downsides was the ridiculous $250.00 hold placed on my card for a prepaid room, no parking included, and even the WiFi isn't free.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Twables
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Glad to hear that you found the hotel clean and the staff friendly. Like most downtown hotels, we do charge for parking. We do hope that your travels bring you back!

Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

I love this hotel. The room was clean and very comfortable. We stayed 2 nights. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Parking was a bit confusing and we had to walk through 2 different corridors to get to the ramp. But our parking was included, so we didn't have to pay each time we wanted to leave. Also, if you're there for a couples thing like we were, the horse and Carriage rides pick up right outside the front of the hotel! I'd stay here again!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

So glad you had a great experience and that you will be returning! Come back and see us soon and experience more of that friendly service! Thanks for leaving a review!

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I didn't get to stay there every long (two nights), however, I was impressed with the room and the staff. The morning breakfast was exceptional.

There would be no hesitation to recommend this hotel to friends or family and i would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thanks so much for taking the time to review! I agree and love the breakfast in Prairie Kitchen and Bar; some great choices or enjoy the buffet! We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Our room was a little run down, but it was pretty clean. The location was not the greatest - very busy and hard to get around. The hotel charged us $17 for parking for 1 day! I thought that was a little extreme. I would not stay here again, only because of the location. The staff was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2014

Sorry to hear that the location did not work ot great for you. The Nicollet Mall is full of shops, restaurant and bars but that might not have been your purpose. Thank you for taking the time to review!

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Having traveled weekly to Minneapolis for a little over two years and stayed at virtually every hotel in the downtown area I'd have to say the renovated Hyatt is an excellent choice! Though a little more distant from the tunnels, the friendly staff makes it worth the brief walk. Among the staff there is one clear standout, for those with access to the executive lounge make sure to take the time to say hello to Kirk (He will take care of you). He's the Concierge's concierge. His willingness to make Hyatt a home brings me back every time and when your on the road as much as I am THAT's a big deal. The only downside I would take to the hotel is that they close their gym at 12 which is inconvenient for workaholics.

Room Tip: Face the Target building
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Gerald L

Thank you for your note regarding Kirk! He is a true gentleman and an incredible member of our family. I have already passed along your comments and we both hope to see you continue to return to Hyatt Regency Minneapolis!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I've stayed here twice now in a year, August 2013 and February 2014. The only issue with the place is waiting for the elevators! Sometimes it's abhorrently long and the wifi from the lobby doesn't extend that far. Rooms were both clean and I really like the bathrooms...new, large, tons of counter space. Last time I was there we needed the front desk to get us a bottle opener and a new remote for the TV (ours was dead) and that happened super quick! Friendly quick service and clean comfortable rooms...and if I was going back to Minny in April (for the Trivium show) as I had originally planned, I'd stay there again! Since I get a discounted rate (due to my profession), so far I do not have a thing to complain about! Also helps that I've stayed there after seeing Depeche Mode and Skinny Puppy! The Knights Inn in Regina Saskatchewan would almost suffice after those 2 amazing shows!!! OK....maybe it wouldn't...Good job Hyatt! I should be back in August to finally check out Target Field and see my Tigers ROAR!!!

Room Tip: High floor is always nice for a good view....but again, there's that elevator thing. Seems I'...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Glad to hear you've made us a home for concerts and sporting events! Disappointed in the elevator experience, we will certainly look into it. We will leave the Tigers comments alone! Thanks again for taking the time to review and acknoledging the staff!

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We had the best time in Minneapolis, and although I wish we could owe it to the hotel, they just added the cherry on top! We needed a weekend getaway from the heat wave we had last summer so we booked last minute on hot-wire and got GREAT rates that way.
And after the vacation I told the bf that I would've paid full price! Rooms were clean, it was safe, and in either direction there were things to do!!
My boyfriend and I are quite adventurous on vacation so we did a lot of exploring, when you come out the main entrance and go to your right, it seems like the equivalent of a kind of "old part" of the city. But the bars we went to were pretty cool. One had karaoke and it was awesome.
At any rate the best thing I liked about minneapolis was the drink pours. One shot to them is like 3-4 in Chicago. We brought about 2k with us for spending money on drinks and food and still came home with 1500!!! (And we are DRINKERS on vacation!!)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

We want to party with you guys!! You are referring to Eat Street, which is a culturally diverse area that has many different ethnic restaurants. It's great to have that on one side and downtown on the other. Not to mention Lorin Park behind us! We're so glad you had a great time, come back soon!