“A Class Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Budd Lake, New Jersey
“A Class Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Spent 3 nights here on business attending a conference -- a great value and great structure:
Positives
1. Thank you for not charging me for the internet, it was a delightful surprise
2. Thank you for not charging me for the fitness center. A tremendous facility, better than most private gyms
3. Great location
4. Room was very large,.comfortable. The desk could have been bigger for my needs, difficult to do work on such a shallow desk.

I wish I had brought the connectors to hook my laptop up through the audio/video outlets, I could have watched Netflix on the bigscreen.

Negatives
1. A beautiful HD TV and a lousy analog signal -- that's a waste
2. Do I have an air vent outside my window? I thought I could hear something opening/closing during the night

Honestly, I didn't have that much interaction with the personnel -- I used the kiosk for check in and didn't have any .problems.

Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Pay the extra $10 for the upgraded view. The city is nice to look at.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Thank you so much for the review! We are currently working on an HD solution but glad you had a great experience. Your welcome! Come back and see us soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kansas City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

The Minneapolis Hyatt is a very attractive hotel. It's on the end of downtown, but there are plenty of great restaurants and shops within walking distance. I even thought the Blue Line light rail was close enough for a brisk walk. My room was comfortable and the bathroom was huge! The lobby's fireplace is unique and cozy. People from the convention I attended hung out next to it all day and night. Every staff member I encountered was helpful and accommodating. I was particularly impressed by one of my housekeepers who left me a thank you note for leaving her a tip! That's never happened to me before and I really appreciated it. The only thing keeping me from giving the Hyatt 5 stars are some of the costs that you'll find at any large chain hotel. Luckily my conference had a great deal on rooms, and WiFi was free because of the group. But if I hadn't had that, WiFi would have been at least ten bucks a day. There are plans available that can set you back $15 a day. In this day and age that seems excessive. I ordered room service - burger, soup, no beverage - that was more than $30. About a third of the bill - a third! - was taxes and service charges! A small bottle of orange juice in the hotel lobby was $4. But that does come with big hotel territory. I would consider looking at the Hyatt's rates for a future visit, and if reasonable, gladly return.

Room Tip: Even if you don't pay extra for a skyline view, the view on the other side of the hotel is prett...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for the review! Glad you had a great experience and that the staff exceeded your expectations. We look forward to your return visit very soon!
Cambridge, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

This newly renovated hotel is very nice. Room was large, clean and very nice. Beds were very comfy. I ended up on the club floor which had complimentary breakfast and appetizers for those on that floor. Nice touch! The facilities for our event were very nice as well. I had no problems and found staff friendly and helpful. (Except housekeeping who didn't know what time check out was). You do have to pay for parking which is the downside of having an event downtown.
My only complaint is the restaurant and market on site do not have kid friendly foods in fact the restaurant doesn't even have a kids menu. We did walk to nearby locations to eat but maybe Hyatt should add some kid friendly foods to what they offer.
I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Fargo, North Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Check-in was very easy, cookies for guests checking in. Room as large enough for two couples to share and not feel crowded. Room was at first glance very nice, upon further inspection there were a few physical flaws. One of the lampshades was badly damaged, there was some sort of product on the wall dripping down, and the wall paper was ripped off a spot high above the bed. Maybe showing that the housekeepers do not take care to report needed fixes? Also, I left 2 dollars on our first day stay requesting 4 bath towels as we had 4 adults staying. The housekeeper "Kelly" left 4 hand towels and 4 washcloths but only 3 bath towels. It seemed a little snarky since I specifically requested 4. Nice view from our room. Main lobby is beautiful, bar was great. The breakfast buffet was expensive (19$ each) but was really really good with a ton of selection. There is a nice selection of things you can request for free to your room if you forgot. Checkout was very easy as we did auto check out. There is a daily parking fee, which I find sort of ridiculous if you are staying in the hotel but what are our other options? We drove there... we were at their mercy. We were disappointed to see there was not a hot tub available and the pool was tiny. The fitness facility was large including a full basketball court. It was a rather expensive hotel but the location is really good to downtown bars/restaurants. The concierge was great and super helpful and the front desk was wonderful. My only complain is the housekeeping and the small issues with upkeep.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thankd so much for taking the time to review! Certainly disappointed in your housekeeping experience, not what we are known for. As with all properties downtown, we do charge for parking. I think you would find that at the vast majority of hotels here downtown. i would like to learn nore about your room. If you have a quick second, please email at mark.becker@hyatt.com. We appreciate the feedback!
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

I was lucky to stay here at a great rate for 3 nights. The room was fantastic. Large. Newly done. Great view. Bathrooms were modern and very nice. Amenities were great. I didn't get to take advantage of all the facilities but a few folks who did commented they were excellent. The service everywhere was top knotch. Everyone on staff was very friendly and accomodating. Breakfast was delicious. Had a slight problem w/ the paid internet service, but front desk got me IT support and they helped me work through the issue.

Room Tip: Get a room on upper floor w/ a view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
So glad you had a great experience! Love hearing the comments about the staff, we're certainly proud of them! Come back and see us very soon and try out the facilities that you missed!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

Hotel is clean, rooms are modern and I had a great view of the city. Only downsides was the ridiculous $250.00 hold placed on my card for a prepaid room, no parking included, and even the WiFi isn't free.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Twables
Glad to hear that you found the hotel clean and the staff friendly. Like most downtown hotels, we do charge for parking. We do hope that your travels bring you back!
Danvers Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

I love this hotel. The room was clean and very comfortable. We stayed 2 nights. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Parking was a bit confusing and we had to walk through 2 different corridors to get to the ramp. But our parking was included, so we didn't have to pay each time we wanted to leave. Also, if you're there for a couples thing like we were, the horse and Carriage rides pick up right outside the front of the hotel! I'd stay here again!

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
So glad you had a great experience and that you will be returning! Come back and see us soon and experience more of that friendly service! Thanks for leaving a review!