Hyatt Regency Minneapolis
Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
US$207
aloft Minneapolis(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$169
  • Pool
Minneapolis Marriott City Center(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
US$187
US$183
US$165
US$159
US$184
US$168
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
US$321
US$121
US$178
US$171
TripAdvisor
2,111 results
All reviewsbasketball courtconvention centerprairie kitchennicollet mallloring parkcity viewattending a conferencewithin walking distancefree weightslobby areahotel restaurantparking rampbusiness tripking roomnice stayvery nice hotelfew blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a conference and it met my expectations. It was recently renovated and the rooms are very modern and contemporary. The service was great and the location was perfect. Right outside there is a bus stop that will take you all the way down Nicollet for free. Also, the hotel is within walking distance to a number of restaurants and bars. The lobby of the hotel is nice and the food at the cafe and restaurant was decent. I would recommend this hotel, but make sure you get a renovated room.

The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was nicely decorated. One thing I LOVED was the gym-- fully stocked and has anything and everything. I was surprised that Hyatt hotel room TVs don't have all the cable channels available, but the gym TVs had everything.

Room Tip: ask for an updated room!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Thank you for the review! All of our rooms have been renovated in the last two years but we do have 112 new rooms that are less than a year old. All have the same decor and are the same size. Pleased you enjoyed the gym and found the location convenient. We hope to see you back!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stayed here for a business conference in April 2014 and loved it!! The staff, service, and food were great!! It was very comfortable and clean. The hotel has a nice little bar/lounge/restaurant too. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Fantastic to hear that you had a great time! We appreciate the review and hope you return soon for new memories!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel for two nights. It was not good from the beginning. No one came to our taxi to help us with our many bags. When we got to the check-in, it was not a friendly experience. I felt rushed (and there was no one in line behind us), not even being told where the elevators were or if we had any questions about the hotel or city during out stay. We got to our room and it was 77 degrees. I didn't think anything of it at the time. I turned the thermostat down, dropped our bags off and went to dinner. When we came back to our room, it was still 77 degrees. When I called the front desk, they told me that the air conditioner was broken and that they were offering guests fans, but now were all out. I questioned why I was not told about this problem at check-in, as I may have decided to go elsewhere. I was told me that, upon check-in, I should have been given a letter explaining the circumstances surrounding the air conditioning (getting back to my bad check-in experience!). When I asked to change rooms, I was told that all the rooms were experiencing the same problem. I found this odd, since the hallways were cold. I ended up propping open my room's door to try and let the cool air in from hallway to my room. The next morning we went to breakfast buffet, which I had paid extra for to have included in my room rate. It was the WORST breakfast buffet I have had for the price. There were only a few "hot" items (they weren't really hot) and there was no omelet station, which I would expect at this caliber of a hotel restaurant. I ended up asking for a refund on the buffet, and we ordered off the menu. The last evening there I got little sleep due to the temperature in the room. Management ended up not charging us for breakfast and internet to try and make up for our bad room experience. The hotel is beautiful, as are the rooms. However, if I return to Minneapolis, I will stay at one of the many other choices in hotels.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review. We were in the middle of completing an upgrade to our air conditioning system and had an unexpected delay. Please accept my apologies. I'm wondering if you might have the opportunity to contact me at Mark.Becker@hyatt.com or 612.596.4505 so that I could address this stay and a future stay at your convenience. You truly did not experience us at our best.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Nice hotel, fairly clean, staff very friendly and professional. Elevators offered pretty quick up and downs, no important delays.

My wife and I were visiting family in Minneapolis and the Nicollet Mall area seemed an ideal spot to be when we weren't with family. Good location, walking distance to shops, restaurants, and bars.

It seemed as though every little item was extra and had a cost. In-room internet was $14 (high bandwidth, low bandwidth was $10), "Hydrate" was the sign on the water bottle in the bathroom, but the bottle cost $3, parking was $7 a day in the adjacent garage (not bad for a downtown hotel, actually), the business center is a FedEx unit (the hotel points guests there, no Hyatt business center) and they get $0.50 a minute for computer use - the attendant is very friendly and professional, but at these prices they should be; if you have computer or printing needs, be prepared to pay.

I think the least expensive part of the hotel was the Starbucks. How often can you say that?

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I visited the Hyatt Regency in early April for a conference. I was pleased with my room. It was clean, very comfortable, and quiet. I was on the 12th floor, and never had to wait more than a minute for an elevator - that can be a real frustration in high-rise hotels. The employees were polite, and helpful. There were numerous restaurants and shops within a short walk of the hotel. I would certainly stay there again for business or personal travel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for the great review! Pleased to hear that you had a carefree experience and I look forward to your return!