I just returned from a conference in Minneapolis and chose the Hyatt Regency Minneapolis from the multiple options offered by the housing bureau. I could not be happier with my choice. I was not initially able to secure the same room type for all four nights of my stay and therefore booked the first three nights in one room type and expected to switch rooms prior to my final night. I was pleasantly surprised to arrive at the hotel and be informed by the front desk that they had already changed my reservation so that I would not have to switch rooms. The hotel had also already set up my billing routing correctly and check-in was as quick and easy as could be. The lobby was lovely, and the elevators were close to reception rather than the long trek that you often encounter in convention hotels. The room was clean and spacious and the hvac was quiet and efficient. I did utilize room service and was pleased at how quickly it arrived and that the attendant came back to remove the tray from the hallway in a timely manner. Market in the hotel lobby was convenient to grab coffee in the morning and Prairie Kitchen & Bar was great for drinks and appetizers with clients. We enjoyed the outdoor area of the bar as well. The hotel was just a few short blocks from the Convention Center and with the sunny 80 degree weather each day I did not need to utilize the skywalk that connects, though that would be a welcome amenity for a winter conference or a rainy day. The only things I could possibly criticize would be the lighting in the guestroom (a bit dark and the bedside lamps were too dim for reading) and the low water pressure in the shower. These were just small things and did not detract from my overall enjoyment of my stay. Every staff member I encountered was courteous and helpful. If you are attending a convention or want close proximity to the bars and restaurants along Nicollet Mall this hotel is a great choice!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located downtown Minneapolis on Nicollet Mall, Hyatt is connected via skyway to the Minneapolis Convention Center. Within walking distance to Target Field, US Bank Stadium, Walker Art Center, Sculpture Garden, Lightrail Train, Theaters, Business District and Parks. Complimentary Access to StayFit Gym which has full weights, boxing, cardio, and Fitness Classes On-Demand. Pool and Basketball court available to guests. Dine at Prairie Kitchen & Bar which offers seasonal cuisine or Market available in Lobby for quick menu options and Starbucks coffee. Pet-Friendly, Kid Friendly ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Minneapolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Minneapolis Hotel Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Regency Minneapolis On Nicollet Mall
- Hyatt Minneapolis