“Everything this Business Traveler Needed!”

Hyatt Regency Minneapolis
Ranked #14 of 52 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I just returned from a conference in Minneapolis and chose the Hyatt Regency Minneapolis from the multiple options offered by the housing bureau. I could not be happier with my choice. I was not initially able to secure the same room type for all four nights of my stay and therefore booked the first three nights in one room type and expected to switch rooms prior to my final night. I was pleasantly surprised to arrive at the hotel and be informed by the front desk that they had already changed my reservation so that I would not have to switch rooms. The hotel had also already set up my billing routing correctly and check-in was as quick and easy as could be. The lobby was lovely, and the elevators were close to reception rather than the long trek that you often encounter in convention hotels. The room was clean and spacious and the hvac was quiet and efficient. I did utilize room service and was pleased at how quickly it arrived and that the attendant came back to remove the tray from the hallway in a timely manner. Market in the hotel lobby was convenient to grab coffee in the morning and Prairie Kitchen & Bar was great for drinks and appetizers with clients. We enjoyed the outdoor area of the bar as well. The hotel was just a few short blocks from the Convention Center and with the sunny 80 degree weather each day I did not need to utilize the skywalk that connects, though that would be a welcome amenity for a winter conference or a rainy day. The only things I could possibly criticize would be the lighting in the guestroom (a bit dark and the bedside lamps were too dim for reading) and the low water pressure in the shower. These were just small things and did not detract from my overall enjoyment of my stay. Every staff member I encountered was courteous and helpful. If you are attending a convention or want close proximity to the bars and restaurants along Nicollet Mall this hotel is a great choice!

Room Tip: My room (1717) was clean and quiet - I would definitely request a higher room near the end of the ha...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you so much for the great review! So glad that you had a great experience while you were away from home. We certainly know the pressures of being on the road and happy that we had everything you needed. Come back and see us soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,035)

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I was genuinely surprised when I walked into my king bedroom at the Hyatt Regency Minneapolis on the 20th floor. The room was quite large with plenty of space to work, lounge, and sleep. The bathroom was really my favorite part though. An entire wall in the spacious bathroom had a marble vanity, stool, and low hanging mirror. The lighting was great, the decor tasteful and modern. The bed was super cozy, and for once at a stay in a hotel, I didn't even miss my pillow. I had a city view overlooking a beautiful park - I would definitely splurge for a top floor room with a city view!

Check-in was a breeze, service was perfect, I really could not find anything negative to say! Thanks to the staff for making my stay so enjoyable. Minneapolis is such a great city and there is literally so much to see and do (AND BUY - shopping in MSP is amazing!) near this hotel. Also, I just took public transportation from the airport to the hotel for like $3! So easy!

Room Tip: Top floor with a city view!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

So glad that you had a comfortable night's stay! The bathrooms are a real hit with all of our travelers. The granite tops come from right here in Minnesota. Of course, the fact that you enjoyed some great service was the highlight for me! Additionally, thrilled that you utilized the light rail. Very easy in and out of the airport. Come back soon!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is really a very nice hotel! The lobby is inviting, with the long fireplace, comfy chairs, and open space. I was lucky enough to land a room on the 23 floor (they have 24 floors), and really pleased that I didn't have to walk a mile to get to my room, none of the rooms are very far from the elevators. This room was spotlessly clean, the bathroom has a lovely shower with really hot water and great flow. The entire room was immaculate and included an entire list of amenities, including an in-room safe, tv remote with sleep timer, ihome clock (didn't use this, my phone has it all), plenty of outlets for my various tech devices, lots of drawer space and a comfortable desk. The view from my room was really nice (I was on the side with the tennis courts), and it was very nice. I was here for a conference at the convention center, and this was a quick 2-3 blocks away. There are skywalks that will take you right to the convention center, but the weather was nice, so I chose to walk outside. I ate some small plates at the bar, which were nicely prepared and very tasty. I loved the little goodies at check-in, and the convenience collection offers you over 35 amenities you may have forgotten, such as baby shampoo, slippers, tea, shower gel and more. In addition, the hotel offers 12 items that you can borrow, such as curling irons, humidifier, steamers, and a tea kettle. You can tell that service is one of the top priorities here, and I would recommend this venue without pause. I asked for hair spray, which was delivered to me in less than 10 minutes. Thank you for a great hotel experience!

Room Tip: Ask to stay up high and on the side facing the tennis courts.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank IEat_ITravel
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Wow! What a very detailed review of your stay. Thank you so much for the wonderful comments. I am most proud that we were able to get you some hair spray in a timely fashion, I will certainly pass that along! I am certain the team here will be smiling ear to ear when I share these comments to them. Thank you and please come back and see us.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed at this hotel with girlfriends for a bachelorette party. We had two rooms, one of which was not ready when we checked in but we were offered vouchers for the hotel restaurant. The staff were friendly and helpful. The lobby was beautiful with ample seating. The lobby also offered apples, mint/fruit infused water and cupcakes! The rooms were beautiful and very clean. I loved that the bathrooms had a second mirror with a vanity and stool to sit at to do make up/get ready-that was perfect for getting ready for our girls night out. The location was good for the locations for the party-we went to the Shout House and the Loon Cafe as well as the Pourhouse which we could walk to within 15 minutes as well as taking the free bus that runs down Nicollet Mall. I would have liked it if the rooms had a small fridge. Otherwise a very nice hotel!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wendy K

Thank you for taking the time to review! We truly appreciate the feedback. So glad you noticed the extra touches and hope that you come back and see us soon. The Pourhouse is a great spot!

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Amazing hotel with many high standard features. What sets this hotel far ahead of others is its staff. They will go out of their way to make your stay as comfortable as possible. A special thanks goes out to Spencer and the concierge team. Again thank you.

Marius

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for the grerat review! Spencer is a true gem and we will certainly forward along your comments. I am so incredibly proud of the team here so it is great to share the feedback! Come back and see us all very soon.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

The rooms are beautiful and modern. The bakery chef puts out goodies at the check in counters which, by the way, are very intimate for such a large space. They even have basil water to drink in the lobby. We had a great view of down town and slept like babies on wonderful beds. The walk to and from the parking garage is reasonable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for the great review! So glad you had a nice experience and enjoyed the cookies! Come back and see us to enjoy another great night's sleep on our Grand Beds.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Located on Nicollet Mall, this hotel is very conveniently located to so much of what we visit downtown Minneapolis for. My 13 year old daughter and I walked from the hotel to the Target Center for our event and back without difficulty. The front desk staff were very helpful and friendly. Comfy bed and pillows. I would stay again!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review! Target Center is such a great walk down the mall. hopefully you had a chance to enjoy the great restaurants in the area as well. Make sure you come back for another great event in Minneapolis soon!