Minneapolis Marriott City Center
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsm clubfifth floorstreet leveltarget centerthe concierge loungeparking garagebreakfast buffetlight railnicollet mallcorner roomhigh floorlocation is greatup to datetwins gamewater pressurelobby areafitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We didnt have a reservation but it was a horrible check in service. The man ( Andrew I believe his name was) was not very friendly and kept saying he didnt understand what we were asking him.

Everything was very expensive which is to be expected in Minneapolis but if and when I go again I will not be staying with the Marriott.
They charge you for everything in the room the water is 3.50 and parking depends on how long you are there.

I am very disappointed in the Marriott as I thought I would be expecting great service and a wonderful room but everything was average and the customer service was horrible.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank liloh8718
Kurtboerner, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear liloh8718,

We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay, I apologize that we did not leave a better customer service impression with you. We receive many favorable comments from our guests regarding our hosts (associates). If you would like to contact me I would be very interested to hear more about your interaction with our front office host and our customer service overall. Your feedback will assist us with developing our team.

We do have water for a fee that is available in the rooms for our guests. We offer the water as a convenience, but please know that our gift shop has options that are less expensive.

The hotel does not own or operate our parking garage but we do have offer discounted rates that are typically less expensive than if you were not staying at the hotel. As is the case at this hotel, most every hotel charges to park in downtown Minneapolis.

Best regards,

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I recently stayed here for 8 days while my husband worked in the area. The hotel was as expected - great quality is expected for Marriott hotels. The staff was very attentive and helped me with ideas to occupy my time while my husband worked. It's proximity to the T service for transportation from the airport and other attractions was excellent. I wouldn't bring a car as parking anywhere in the downtown area is abundant but expensive. Being in the heart of the downtown area was a tremendous plus. The hotel's connection to the skyway meant we didn't have to wear heavy coats. There was no need to go outside and it was fun getting lost in the skyway from time to time. My one suggestion is that you should opt for the additional charge for the Concierge Lounge. The lounge option comes with free wifi in your room, soft drinks, breakfast, early evening & dessert buffets. This was truly worth it as it can be very expensive to eat in this part of town. We had many a hearty breakfast and the evening buffet was terrific for dinner too. Not to mention that drinks in the concierge lounge with much cheaper than the bar. Overall if we had to travel back to Minneapolis this hotel would be on the top of my list.

Room Tip: Opt for the additional charge for the Concierge Lounge. The lounge option comes with free wifi in your room, soft drinks, breakfast, early evening & dessert buffets. This was truly worth it as it can be very expensive to eat in this part of town.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Kurtboerner, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Dear coopieclanNyc,

Thanks for the great comments regarding our staff and the hotel. I am glad that our team was able to keep you busy exploring the Skyway while your husband was working. The Skyway is a great way to get around town without having to go outside.

We do offer a wide selection of menu options in our concierge lounge for our guests. We do here from many of loyal guests about the quality of food & beverage in the lounge.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Minneapolis.

Best regards,

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I stayed Oct 12, and while the hotel was overall good the cleanliness of the room had some issues. I actually messaged the hotel on Oct 14 with my compliments and concerns, however did not hear back at all until Oct 16, at which time I was just told my information had been passed on to the Director of Operations and Director of Services. I waited until Oct 24 to hear from them, however did not. I sent another message with my concern that no one had bothered to respond and that I was cancelling my upcoming reservation, which of course I did cancel. Still have not heard anything.
Tonight while viewing my credit card statement I noticed a charge for $7.94 that I was not aware. I called the hotel and was told it was for drinking 2 bottles of water - which they had GIVEN me in a welcome bag when I arrived due to my membership status! I should point out that these were not even normal size bottles but the little short ones - which should of cost about .35 cents each had I not been GIVEN them. When I explained this to the agent, he questioned me as if I was lying. Very disappointing.

As far as the cleanliness of the room and portion of my message regarding that, here is the excerpt from my message:
"...The room was spacious, however could have used more cleaning - I noticed a disposal razor cap on the corner of the bathtub, which I suspect will still be there if you check. I also noticed long black hair on the bathroom floor, and used dental floss under the sink, all which led me to believe the bath area was not cleaned well..."

Could have been a very good hotel, had the experience been better - I can understand the housekeeping issues a bit, however cannot understand the incorrect charges - makes me wonder how many times that happens to guests that never bother to check their statements, and I really can't understand the lack of response or call regarding my initial message.

If you want to stay at a Marriott I would advise the Depot, which I just had an excellent stay at, or the Hotel Autograph.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Chris C
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I stayed here Oct. 14 -18. The food was wonderful and the staff pleasant. I am a rewards customer and they did not meet some of my requests initially, but when I reiterated my requests (not by the elevator) they complied.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Kurtboerner, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Dear Leigh C,

Thank you for being a loyal Marriott Rewards member, there are many advantages with the Marriott program. I have passed your comments on to our culinary team to let them know you enjoyed the food during your stay.

I apologize that we initially did not meet your requests upon arrival. Being a rewards member we have our guest’s preferences on file and always do our best to accommodate them. Our elevators are newly renovated and quit but I understand your desire to have a room away from them when you travel.

We hope we have the opportunity to serve your again.

Regards,

Reviewed 5 November 2013

The staff did everything possible to accommodate my three day visit. My plane arrived early morning, and they got me an earl check-in. I made a mistake on mt departure flight, thinking it was am instead of pm; staff allowed me an extra couple hours in my room, then secured my luggage while I chilled out in the lobby another three hours. But what about the facility? My room was clean, well supplied and comfortable beds and temperature. The facility was also the wedding reception location, and the banquet and dancing area were both excellent environments with attentive staff. I used the fitness room and sauna daily - what a view from the treadmill of the downtown buildings and streets! Just a short walk to the Skyway that connects with great stores and restaurants. Simply a great retreat and super service!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank spatts

Dear Spatts,

Thank you for your TripAvisor review, and we were happy to hear that our team was able to afford you a little extra time at the hotel before your flight. Our hotel does offer many amenities for both the business and leisure traveler. It was great to see that you had time to take advantage or the health club on your visit.

Warm regards,