“Standard Marriott Met All Expectations”

Minneapolis Marriott City Center
Ranked #26 of 52 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed 1 March 2014

First time at this property, chosen for location, which cannot be beat. Standard Marriott fare, nothing stood out as extraordinary, and nothing was wrong at all. Concierge Lounge was quite crowded during breakfast, yet the food was kept fresh and the tables were promptly cleaned as the crowd came and went.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
AnthonySM, General Manager at Minneapolis Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us and for your endorsement of our location. We are really very fortunate to be located in the heart of the skyway system, close to all the restaurants, shops and of course the Target Center and Target Field.. We are going to work even harder to earn your business in the future and not simply rely on our location. We want to turn those "goods" in to "excellents"!
Hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future........I sense Spring is just around the corner.
Best regards,

Reviewed 26 February 2014

The staff there made me feel important and they were so friendly and over compensating. The hotel is located perfect for getting to all the main attractions in downtown Minneapolis. Also attached to skyway.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your kind endorsement. I certainly agrre with you about our location and the convenience to the skwalk, we are very fortunate to have this location. I am of course delighted to see and learn that you had FUN...............that is what it should be about. I am so grateful to you for your recognition of the staff and their caring attitude............they genuinely do want to make it fun for you to stay here. I will be sure to share your kind words at our staff meeting this week.
Thank you also for staying with us, please come back soon.
Best wishes,

Reviewed 21 February 2014

It was valentines day weekend and stayed there for a special night away. The staff was very friendly starting from making the reservations, the door man who greeted us with a friendly smile and directions to the lobby. Check in was easy and we even got to meet the manager Mary who added a big smile and assurance we'd have a great time and we did.

The weather was ...well wintery and having the parking ramp attached is perfect for connecting to the hotel and skyways. The view was breath taking from the 28th floor and the room was spacious and really, really great beds!!!

Will return again and again. :)

The concierge was very helpful in suggesting some great places to visit during our stay.

Room Tip: Go for the higher floors...might cost a bit more, but what a view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Wow! Thank you so much for all your kind words. I am particularily delighted that you recognized Mary. She is an exceptional manager who always puts our guests needs ahead of her own and is always out in the lobby looking to greet, assist or simply chat with our guests.
Of course our Doormen have often been recognized by our guests for their wit, kindness and knowledge.................but above all for their warm welcome........which at this time of the year can be a liitle challenging! :-)
We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future and again, thank you for your kind and inspirational words. We will continue to work hard to deserve them.

Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Macey and Marnei were very friendly and accommodating. I was in town for a conference and had a blast at the hotel. The next time we are in town we would definitely come back. -Side note. Jordan the bar manager was awesome! Great night. See you next year!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Austin K

Thank you for your very kind words. Our team is always thrilled when they get recognised with such wonderful accolades. Your kind words and encouragement add fuel to our desire to provide warm caring service.
Thank you so much for visiting us and for your loyalty to the hotel. Please don't wait a year to come back.......if you liked us now...........you'll love us in the summer!
Again thank you for your kind words,
Anthony.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I always stayed at this hotel when coming to Minneapolis but I may have to rethink that for future stays. The location in the skyway is great, fitness center is top notch, and the bed are comfortable. However, the wired Internet connections have been removed from the rooms and the wireless connection is downright pathetic. Constant disconnections, slow speeds, and lots of lag. As a Platinum member this service is free, but I'd really feel bad for someone who payed $15/night to use this "service".

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Wunderlusting01
AnthonySM, General Manager at Minneapolis Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Wunderlusting,

Thank you very much for staying with us and your kind comments regarding the hotel. Needless to say, I am dissappointed to read that you had problems with our internet as it is a new system, so you should have no problems with it as we test it weekly . I am concerned that there may be a room that is having problems with the wireless access point and I will ask my IT pros to do a sweep to double check that we do not have a weakness somewhere.
Please let me know when you plan to come back and I will ensure that we double check the signal strength in your room before your arrival.
Again, thank you very much for your comments and thank you for staying with us.
Best regards,

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Hotel staff made this experience great! Attentive and professional - they went above and beyond with all of the taks to make a meeting for 120 successful. Brian Willis, the Senior Banquet manager, and team did a fabulous job!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your kind words. I am delighted to read your praise about our employees, or as we like to call them, our Hosts, and in particular your kind words about Brian. He will be thrilled to hear this and to read it in person. I am always personally delighted to read such praise about our team as it just reinforces that we are continuing to focus on what matters most to our guests , a caring and professional environment focused on service. Hotels, after all is said and done, are just bricks and mortar, it is the people that make the difference. I know this team wants to stand out in that regard.
Thank you so much for your business, we look forward to the opportunity of wowing you on your next visit.
Sincerely

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I was a weekly traveler in this hotel for nearly two years, and they did a great job making my stay enjoyable. For Marriott Rewards members, the concierge lounge is among the best I've ever been to, with full dinner meals and a great breakfast. The lobby restaurant is also very good. The location is also great for downtown business and restaurants, and is close to the Light Rail stations. My only wish is that the fitness center were bigger.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Dear Jim3000,
Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding our Concierge Lounge, employees and our Food and beverage offerings. (I shared your comments with some members of the staff and they said to say hello). We just recently installed state of the art fitness equipment and are getting rave reviews and we were able to squeeze in two more pieces of equipment. I am afraid that the new equipment is attracting more and more people to the gym in the morning and we are going to have to develop plans to increase the size or add equipment elsewhere. I appreciate your suggestion and will make sure as we discuss fuuture investment we will make sure this is included.
I am glad to see we have such a healthy group of guests!
Thank you for staying with us and for your loyalty, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.