“Nice Place to Stay”

Minneapolis Marriott City Center
Ranked #26 of 52 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Stayed 3 nights for a convention. This hotel is right up to snuff to provide quick service and prompt response to requests. The room was on a private floor. It was spacious, and very comfortable. the whole experience was just plain good! The lounge was comfortable and well equipped as well.

Room Tip: book early. Rooms on the upper floors are more expensive, but worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I found this particular Marriott hotel to be especially nice. Extremely comfortable bed, friendly helpful staff and good bar and breakfast dining room. Even though the hotel was completely full due to the allstar game going on in Minneapolis, the services were prompt and delivered with a smile.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Kurtboerner, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Hello G D,

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding the hotel and staff, we are glad you were able to enjoy your stay while all of the All Star Game festivities were taking place.

We hope that you have the chance to visit us again in the future.

Kurt.boerner@marriott.com

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I booked this hotel because I thought I was staying in a quality hotel and needed a place for my 7 bridesmaids to stay for my bachelorette party. When I stayed here, I booked my room over 2 months ahead of time and was told I would have two double-bed rooms, adjoining. When I called in earlier in the day before check in to see if it was possible for me to check in early and make sure I receive the adjoining rooms, I was told my reservation was for two single king rooms that were not only not adjoining, but on different floors. I called back and worked with someone very helpful that was able to get me two rooms with two beds each. But upon arrival I found out I had one double room and one with a single king. This created a major problem as I had 8 girls with me that needed a place to sleep. We made due and did not make a big deal about it at the time. When I spoke with the manager in the morning, I was simply told that there weren't any double rooms available when i made the reservation. I don't know why I was given the reservation two months prior, but I was, and that is not my fault. I was also treated like I was wasting the manager's time. This is not what I expect when I stay at a Marriott and would NOT recommend the hotel to anyone. Two girls had to go home bc there wasn't any place for them to sleep.
Also, I filled out a comment card requesting a response and still have not received any communication. This hotel does not care about the individual guest, all they see is $$$. I would never pay this much again to be treated so poorly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Genna I
Kurtboerner, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Genna I,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. On behalf of the entire hotel team, we would like to apologize for the way your room requests were handled and your interaction with our front desk manager.

If you would like to speak with me further regarding your stay, please feel free to contact me directly. Once again, we thank you for staying with us and we sincerely apologize.

kurt.boerner@marriott.com

Reviewed 20 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one night so we could enjoy the entertainment at the Fine Line nightclub and get something to eat at a nearby restaurant;

the room was exceptionally clean, the hotel was well maintained and the staff was very courteous and professional; there was an adjoining parking ramp that we used;

we thought the price was a little steep ( $150 ) for a hotel with no real amenities but I guess that's the price of a good location ( it's near the entertainment district and convention center ).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed here with our family during volleyball tournament at convention center. Excellent location, walkable restaurants, sports, Metro Rail and Convention Center. Less than $5 cab fare from Convention Center. Room was clean and in good condition, hotel was quiet. Front desk staff helpful when looking for pizza one night. Starbucks in rear of building, and 3 more within walking distance. Free WIFI in lobby area. Really enjoyed workout facility - 6 treadmills, 6 ellipticals, free weights, machines, locker rooms, towels, water cooler. Overlooks downtown area. Downside were small double beds with 4 guests - definitely not new mattresses either. Lost a lot of sleep during the four nights due to the beds. Downside of Marriott is that everything extra will cost you.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kcroadtripper
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I have stayed at this property 5 times this year. It's my typical home-away-from-home when I travel to the Twin Cities, as it is in close proximity to all happenings in the area. The staff is always kind! I had an experience where my reservation was proving difficult to locate, and the agent kindly upgraded me to a corner King room for the inconvenience. I'm a very patient person, and did not feel the upgrade was necessary, but it was appreciated. The bar/restaurant has a great vibe to it. Looking forward to my next visit!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Kurtboerner, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Jes G,

Thank you very much for making us your home away from home. We love hearing about our staff when they take the extra step for our guests. I will pass on your comments to the front desk team.

We look forward to your next visit with us. Please let us know when you are back in town.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Spent 5 nights attending a conference. The staff was extremely friendly from the first hello from the valet to the thank you from the front desk staff upon departure. The atmosphere was relaxed to be sure - urgency was not necessarily the order of the day. My room was the smallest I have ever seen. Perfect for one person but no way two would have been comfortable. The restaurant was ok. A very limited menu and service a tad slow. Not sure I would choose this location if vacationing in Minneapolis.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Nina C
Kurtboerner, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Nina C,

We hope that your conference was a success while you were visiting; we appreciate hearing both the pros and cons of our service in the hotel. Your feedback provides our hotel the opportunity to look for better ways to serve our guests.

We would love the opportunity to host you again to make your stay more brilliant the next time you are in town.

If you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact me.

kurt.boerner@marriott.com