1,080 results
All reviews beacon restaurant light rail beacon public house front desk fire pit starbucks attached university campus green line tcf stadium hotel shuttle shuttle service checking out self parking fitness center commons applebees lobby
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The hotel is quite nice. The rooms are spacious and the common areas are comfortable. The bar area is nice and the baristas friendly and accommodating. The hotel is essentially on the University of Minnesota campus, which for me is great.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
David K, Manager at Graduate Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review. I’m glad that you were to enjoy our brand new décor, and that your experience in the Beacon Public House was so welcoming. We are indeed right on the University of Minnesota campus, and I’m happy that our location was so convenient for you. It sounds like you’ll be back to the area soon, in which case, we look forward to welcoming you once again!

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights for the first time since the hotel completed rennovations, and the place looks amazing! The lobby has a relaxed, coffee-shop vibe, with leather couches and arm chairs, a gas fire pit, vintage wood paneling. My room was equally tasteful in appearance, clean and comfortable. Free passes to the new $35M student fitness complex! I lifted here after going for a run along the river. Indoor track and climbing walls (bouldering and top rope). The bellman (Trevor and Travis) were very helpful and took us to and from downtown on the hotel shuttle for the evening. Highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: April 2014
David K, Manager at Graduate Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

It means a lot to us to be called "Top Notch", RogueTree153! Thank you for your rave review. I am glad you got to enjoy the lobby, as well as the amazing recreation and wellness center. Trevor, and Travis are excited that you remembered their name, and I will make certain they are recognized for the great service they provided. When travels return you to Minneapolis, we will be waiting to welcome you back! Thanks for your business!

Reviewed 14 April 2014

It is as if the hotel was designed by engineers, who knew they would be living in it. Even the elevator is quick - as soon as someone leaves it, the doors close promptly after - no need to reach for the door close button if you are in a hurry.

Service is fast, courteous, messages are clear.

Breakfast is really excellent - try their eggs benedict - just perfect. Friendly and efficient service.

In the room, the chairs (stylish, but not height adjustable) were too low for working on my laptop comfortably. No safe in room.

Shower works perfectly, and temperature is easy to adjust.

Starbuck coffee is in the same building, can be reached without walking outside.

I went there for a business trip, but I would not hesitate going back with family members for holidays.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review, Rudbeckie. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm glad you got to enjoy the Beacon Public House, and the eggs benedict; it's my favorite breakfast dish, too. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay even better, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. On behalf of the entire team, thank you for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I stayed at the hotel while attending an IEEE conference. The room was great, service was excellent, and the whole staff was very charming. At conferences, sometimes the best place to learn things is in the hotel bar -- I spent several evenings swapping tips and tricks with my fellow engineers. The bartender, Bethany, served up some impressive cocktails, and she always knew the perfect mix to recommend when I was unsure. I believe all the cocktails are custom made, and tasted great! Definitely check it out it you're looking for a fancy drink.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
David K, Manager at Graduate Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel, Michael! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay, as well as the convention itself. Certainly, hotel restaurants and bars have a certain charm, and the Beacon is lucky in that we have very unique drinks and stellar staff members. I’m glad to hear that you were able to spend some time in the restaurant, and if you make it back here again, we will try to whip up something special for you.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Note that the pool access you have is a lap pool only, is off the premises and you have to be 18 years or older to use it. Not a good hotel for little ones or adults who just want to relax and or play by the pool.

Room Tip: Our room was very clean and pretty roomy. Just note the pool specifics, and the beds are very hard. They also tuck in the linens on the bed so tight that you really need to pull them out prior to going to bed. The comforter is so far down that you can't pull it up with pulling the bed linens out.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
David K, Manager at Graduate Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you for your comments and further clarification. The University Health, Wellness and Aquatic center is located directly behind our hotel. This world class facility offers great facilities to those serious workout buffs. I apologize it was not the family oriented design you were looking for. If travel returns you to the University for business, I hope that you will consider our hotel again. Thank you again for your comments.