1,074 results
All reviewsbeacon restaurantlight railbeacon public housefront deskfire pitstarbucks attacheduniversity campusgreen linetcf stadiumhotel shuttleshuttle servicechecking outself parkingfitness centercommonsapplebeeslobby
Reviewed 28 April 2014

great choice and good value for stay! My daughter and I had a great time to stay in the Commons hotel in terms of friendliness of staffs, large room space and good service such as hotel shuttle and the location as well. We had a trouble to go to the airport due to the unexpected operation problem of Supershuttle service but the bell captain helped us to get a cab in a efficient way, so that we could reach to the airport without any problem.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
David K, Manager at Graduate Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thanks for taking the time to leave your comments, Sangnyeo. I’m glad that you enjoyed our new decor – we put a lot of time and thought into the furnishings and design, and it’s wonderful to hear that they've left a great impression. I have passed your compliments on to the staff, and we are all excited for your return visits if travels bring you back in the future.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We love this hotel for its convenience to our doctor and how nice it is. We discoverd the tunnel this trip. what a nice way to get to our doctors office. the fact that there is a starbucks abd an applebees is nice.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

I’m so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, Pat, and that we are in such a convenient location for you. I apologize if you've stayed here before and were unaware of the tunnel access – it definitely makes winter travel easier! We certainly frequent the Starbucks as well, and I’m glad that it’s invaluable to you as well. Thanks again for staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Nice rooms but TERRIBLE coffee in hotel restaurant. Hotel restaurant hours limited and not open until 7 AM, which is problem if you have an early morning meeting. Heating/cooling controls in rooms did not change room temperature.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
David K, Manager at Graduate Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you for leaving us a review of your trip, TripMember00. I am glad that you enjoyed the room you stayed in, and also appreciate your suggestions. I did share your comments with our Food and Beverage Director, and we will certainly be taking notes on your suggestions of the new coffee selection and restaurant hours. I have also made sure to have our Chief Engineering double check our heating and cooling controls in the room. If travels bring you back to Minneapolis, please feel free to contact me directly and I will make sure these issues are addressed for your future stay. Thanks again for your business!

Reviewed 19 April 2014

I filled out the survey that the hotel sent, and I rated many categories as excellent. I also explained in detail the problems we had that could have easily resolved, but were not. I doubt that you will want to post comments that are anything but rave reviews, but it is important that when they fall short of fixing problems such as those we encountered, potential customers need to know those facts also. We stayed for 3 nights because my wife underwent a surgery at Fairview Hospital that required us to stay at a hotel close to the medical facilities to ensure that no post surgical complications occured. She was in considerable post operative pain and the simple requests that we made to help her be more comfortable were not fulfilled. All we were asking for was a television that worked and access to a microwave to warm up the special diet soup that the hospital sent with us. Everything else about our stay was exceptional, but when a loved one needs help after a medical procedure - it was really hard on me as her husband and her the patient to not receive the help and service we really needed.

Room Tip: The rooms are very nicely equipped and the beds are so comfortable!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jim P

I truly do appreciate you taking the time to explain your experience at our hotel, Jim P, and we can’t get rave reviews all the time unless guests provide us with their suggestions. I certainly do apologize that the television in your room wasn’t working, if you are able to make it back in the future, please contact me directly and we will make sure that everything is up to par for your future stay. In regards to the microwave, unfortunately, due to the current power demands in our guestrooms, it is a bit difficult to make microwaves easily accessible in the hotel. We are currently working on integrating some into long term stay rooms, which would allow microwave access; we are hoping to have this ready to go by year end. Again, if the hospital has you return again, please contact us directly, and we will do our very best to make your stay as smooth and comfortable as possible. Thanks again for staying with us, and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay, despite these two issues. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

The staff is professional, friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. I absolutely loved the decor. Very cool! The location is convenient to the U of MN Medical Center and accessible via the skyway. The hotel restaurant was great too- awesome burgers. I will definately return here on my next trip to Minneapolis.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, Nyarab108 and that our staff were able to compliment your stay and make it memorable. Like yourself, I also love our new décor, and even wish I could bring it home for a new look! I am delighted to hear that you were able to sample our menu in the Beacon Public House – our burgers are pretty phenomenal. Thanks so much for staying with us, and if you travels return you here, we will be waiting to welcome you again soon.