1,089 results
All reviews beacon restaurant light rail beacon public house front desk fire pit starbucks attached university campus green line tcf stadium hotel shuttle shuttle service twin cities checking out self parking fitness center commons applebees
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I was charged for using a water in the room that I did not use. Which is ironic because when I went to check out, they did not have my $15 self-parking charge on my room. I made sure they added this to my bill as I am an honest individual. When they charged me for the water after my check out, I called the hotel and told them I didn't drink the water. They said they would take the charge off the room, but never did. Someone, or perhaps several people, need to learn how to do their job correctly.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
David K, Manager at Graduate Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you for voicing your concerns, Tom. I’m sorry for any confusion with your bill. It looks like the charge was removed when you alerted us to the discrepancy, but it can take up to several days for the bank to process the refund, so it might not be reflected on your statement yet. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Loved our stay at The Commons. Even before we arrived, I received an email confirming our reservation and providing information on how to contact the concierge ahead of time if we needed help with directions or planning any activities during our stay. Just stepping inside, I saw the extra touches that would make our stay unique. A large lobby, full of comfortable chairs, with people chatting, reading, enjoying the unique fireplace. The front desk staff had welcoming smiles, helped us set up a shuttle.....great customer service.

Our room was beautiful, and, like the lobby, had historic photos of U of M athletes from years past. The design of the room, again, had those added touches that made me realize that they knew what visitors are looking for. Everything just a little more artful, a little classier without feeling stuffy. The concierge, the shuttle driver, the maintenance person I met in the hall. All so friendly. We mentioned that we would be late coming back (past shuttle hours) from a wedding, and they gave us a card with the shuttle number as well as local cab companies. Told us to call if we need assistance.

Had breakfast at The Beacon....again, our simple breakfast was delicious and artfully presented. So good, very tasty and great atmosphere. Checking out was easy, and the gentlemen at the desk again so helpful and friendly. They earned my TripAdvisor good customer service pin! We will be back!

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor, so a view of the TCF stadium and we were away from the elevator, which I appreciated! When driving in, there is a "courtyard" in front to drive up, check in and then find your parking. Very convenient as this is always a concern for me in the City---what is the parking like! Pay the extra $15 and park in back, and walk or use the shuttle.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary N

Wow, thank you so much for your glowing review, Mary! We do try to keep the feeling of a home away from home, something cozy but lush, and I’m glad that you enjoyed our new décor so much. I’m delighted to hear that it sounds like our staff were able to help you each step of the way, and I will make sure to pass along your compliments to everyone. I’m excited for your return trips to our hotel, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. Thanks again!

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed here one night while visiting our U of M student. The hotel is nice but you are really paying for the location. The room was comfortable and clean but really nothing special. The new La Quinta we stayed in the night before was every bit as nice and had better amenities. We most likely will stay elsewhere during the next visit.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
David K, Manager at Graduate Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments. We do have quite a unique location, and it's going to get even better when the new Green Line light rail opens next month. The light rail will connect us to both downtown St. Paul, and Minneapolis. The next time travel brings you to our area, I hope that you will consider us again. Please reach out to our in-house reservations team, and we can help you find a room package that includes the amenities you were looking for. Thank you for your business!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We had a room for several days while our daughter was in a nearby hospital. The staff was so kind which made a difficult time a bit easier. We will continue to stay at this lovely hotel whenever we are in town.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for naming us the "Best Place to Stay", SEMQ. It means a lot to the staff to read comments like that. I am glad that we could make a difficult time a little better for you. I hope your daughter is doing well, and that you can come enjoy the hotel for a fun trip to Minneapolis soon. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Love how they have remodeled this hotel - rooms are tastefully decorated, comfortable and clean. The fitness center is large with lots of cardio machines plus weights and lots of room for stretching, etc. The location is great if you need to do business at the University of Minnesota or are in town for a sporting event at the University.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelMom804

TravelMom804, thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Next time you are with us, ask for a pass to the University of Minnesota Health and Wellness Center. The facility will amaze you, and has so much to offer. We hope to see you back soon. Thank you for your business.