“They cared for me!”

Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown
Ranked #9 of 50 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel the first week of November, 2013. I became ill on my check out day and they helped me through with crackers and sodas. Great staff, nice amenities downtown. One of my best hotel experiences ever.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here on a Saturday night. Check in was qwik, room was clean but nothing special. The real fun started at 3:30 am with a party next door. Had to call to the desk 2x as it continued till at least 4:30am. I was surprised to hear these clowns when I checked out at 10:45 as they should have been booted. Maybe offer a free stay or give me some type of credit. Only offered a free breakfast. I will not be staying here again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank addison09
Michelle T, Manager at Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you both for your recent stay and for taking the time to provide us your feedback on Trip Advisor.
While I regretted reading about the noise you experienced, we learn more from frank honest feedback than from praise and we look forward to an opportunity to retain your business both for our hotel and for the brand. I too have had my night’s sleep disturbed while staying in a hotel in the past. I know that this is not only frustrating at the time but can also affect productivity the next day, and I am sorry. Providing a clean, comfortable, and quiet environment is paramount to our product and the success of your stay with us.
We have a two strike rule for guests who violate our disturbance policy and we know that it is our responsibility to ensure that each guest has the right to a good night’s sleep. I regret when reported that we did not take quicker action to rectify the situation. I will ensure that I utilize your correspondence to review our current policies again with our staff to improve in the future.

Regards,
Michelle Torguson
Director of Operations

Reviewed 5 November 2013

My favorite place to stay downtown Minneapolis. The staff really set themselves apart. There are similar properties but if you want the best in service go here.

Super easy parking as well with the adjacent parking garage. Convenient to all the downtown fun including the Target Center, and all of the food and night spots.

Room Tip: I like the higher floors. I think it's above 15 and it requires your key in the elevator providi...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gymkhana
Reviewed 4 November 2013

This hotel is conveniently located just off of the Nicolett Mall and is within walking distance to sporting events, shopping and the Riverfront. We parked the car for the entire 3 days we were there and walked everywhere. We got off to a bit of a bad start, changing rooms twice after checking in. The first room smelled like stale cigarette smoke (the hotel is supposed to be non smoking) and the second room had a diagonal support pillar which went floor to ceiling obscuring the window. I was suprised they would even rent the room out. The front desk manager was very accomodating and was eventually successful in relocating us in a very nice room on a secure floor. The hotel as a whole is starting to show it's age in decor and ammenities, but was our room was very clean, and the linens and beds very comfortable. An in room safe would have been appreciated. Apparently there is a facelift plan in place for the near future. Parking is in a secure underground lot. We had a few issues on check out with payment, having been told one thing by the front desk and another by the parking attendant. It was more than I thought it would be, but still reasonable. Breakfast in the Firelake Grill was very tasty. It's a nice room and the service was very good. A bit on the pricey side though.All the hotel staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2013

A guys night out in downtown Minneapolis, the Radisson Plaza was a nice location for everything. Close proximity to everything for the night- dinner, drinks, more drinks, and a Timberwolves game. The rate was competitive, if not better than others in the same area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Stayed here for a 3+ day business conference. Very nice experience. I'm a nut about cleanliness and everything was very clean in the rooms, restrooms, dining rooms and meeting rooms. Food in the banquet rooms was hot and tasty. The location was very centralized and there was ample parking under the hotel at a reasonable rate. Highly recommend this place.

Be sure to check out the Sky bridges that connect to the hotel to the surrounding buildings and mall. It's a great idea. Kudos, Minneapolis!

Room Tip: We were in the front corner - 923. Great room. Nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Was not happy with this hotel at all!!! No safes in room and rude front desk and staff, including the hotel bar and restaurant. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone from the Indiana or anyone I know. Will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank WhitelandWarriors
Michelle T, Manager at Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We apologize for the disappointing stay and service you received from our staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best “Yes I Can!” service. To discuss your concern further, please contact me directly.

Regards,