“SUPER GREAT HOTEL”

Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown
Ranked #9 of 52 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Stayed there for a Twins game with our friends. We loved the parking and right by all the action downtown area. in walking distance for most activities. ROOMS are super up to date and CLEAN. Staff are friendly and willing to answer questions if you have any about activities in the near area. Beds are...... well lets just say WOW..COMFORTABLE.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
Kathryn L, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear 532reneem,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our TA survey. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and the twins game!

I truly appreciate your very thoughtful recognition of our hotel team! We have shared your comments with our staff, and I am certain that your feedback serves to encourage all of us.

We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area and I truly thank you for your business and loyalty!

Kathryn Laulainen

Write a ReviewReviews (1,834)

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We always stay at the Radisson when we take a trip to Target Field. The parking is easy for downtown and very reasonable when you are staying on property. The restaurant and bar are fun! The rooms have been updated since our last stay and they are beautiful and contemporary. Easy walk to Target Field!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear SDLK,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our TA survey. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel!

I truly appreciate your very thoughtful recognition of our hotel! We have shared your comments with our staff, and I am certain that your feedback serves to encourage all of us.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Came here from Chicago to stay for a friend's wedding in Minneapolis. The hotel was very well kept and clean. Modern/fancy decor, both in lobby and room. Room itself was great; nice king sized bed, clean and modern bathroom, art deco-y decor, and great city view (I paid the extra $9 for this... worth it IMO). Overall, we had a great experience and wished we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
Kathryn L, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Kyle,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our TA survey. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel for your friends wedding!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I will plan to stay at the Radisson Blu on future trips to the downtown Minneapolis. Very convenient to the mall area and many tasty restaurants. Everything within walking distance. Wonderful Experience with great staff who were attentive to every need! Clean rooms. Quiet hotel experience!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Veronica,

We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the area and I truly thank you for your business and loyalty! If there is anything I can assist with for future reservations please let me know!

kathryn.laulainen@radisson.com

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The renovation into the Radisson Blu is amazing. The hotel is quite elegant now. When you walk into the lobby you are greeted by these huge screens with changing images and a front desk with modern look. I read some comments about the elevator and I could not see anything wrong with it, and did not make any noise. The hallways to the rooms are quite psychedelic if you look down while walking. They have black and white lines so it can mess with you. To access the room you just swipe your room key across the sensor on the door, no need to figure which way to insert the key. The room we stayed in was on the 11th floor and was probably the nicest room I have ever stayed in. There was local art on the walls, had a view of other buildings in Minneapolis, and the bedding had quality linens. Even the bathroom was classy, and included a dual flush toilet to save water. I also ready people with an inside view did not like the atrium look. I think it would be nice having a room with an interior view because you'd have a blu glow coming in through the window at night. Everything was perfect during our stay, and the staff were really friendly. If you have a vehicle you can self-park in the garage below the hotel for a significant amount less than valet. We stayed on a Friday and parked for $6 instead of the $30 to valet. Also make sure to check out Fire Lake during happy hour as they have some really good deals. I will be going back to the Radisson Blu again!

Room Tip: Higher room with a city view
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Nicholas A

Dear Nicholas,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our TA survey. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and FireLake restaurant!

I truly appreciate your very thoughtful feedback on the hotel and recognition of our hotel team! We have shared your comments with our staff, and I am certain that your feedback serves to encourage all of us.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was very impressed with the Radisson Blu—Minneapolis. It has just been recently renovated and features all of trendy décor and amenities that are expected nowadays. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. The hotel is within a short walk of the stadiums and many good bars and restaurants. The rooms are wonderfully modern and comfortable, the bathrooms are impressive, and they get bonus points for free wireless Internet.

If there is a downside to staying here, it’s that it cost $20 to park, they don’t have a pool, breakfast, or exercise room, and there also seems to be some sketchy people who loiter near the hotel.

I would highly recommend staying here for both business travelers and vacationers.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Bill W

Dear Bill,

I have had hotel stays go astray in the past and I know that even small inconveniences can ruin a otherwise solid experience, and I am sorry. Unfortunately we do not have a pool and the parking ramp is owned and operated by a separate company and we have no access to change rates. For future reservations, we do have a fitness center located on the 17th floor that is open 24/7 for guests.

We know that a clean, safe and comfortable room product is what is important in every guest stay, and we pride ourselves on our security standards. I regretted reading that you faced and uncomfortable situation. I have addressed this with the security department and we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Not having visited anything except the airport in Minneapolis, the downtown Radisson BLU was a wonderful surprise! I confess, the room "wowed" me and I took a picture soon after I walked in. The staff is great, and the location is in the midst of great shopping and a short walk to Target Field and the hockey arena. It was a very pleasant experience, and I am looking forward to returning in the spring of 2015.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Todd M

Dear Todd,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our TA survey. We are thrilled to see that you were "wowed" away and enjoyed your time at the hotel!

We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the area in spring of 2015 and I truly thank you for your business and loyalty!