“Radisson Blu minneapolis downtown”

Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown
Ranked #8 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Lovely hotel with a first rate restaurant on the first floor. Your stay is not complete without a meal at Fire Lake. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The parking is convenient and reasonable to say the least!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
Kathryn L, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2014

Dear Jacqueline,

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review! I have shared your feedback with our staff and look forward to seeing you again when you visit Minneapolis!

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown

Reviewed 29 August 2014

beware the 'complimentary' upgrade if you're a Club Carlson member. better yet, double check your credit card statement to make sure you aren't charged for upgrades that are 'no charge to concierge members.'

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Craig A,

Thank you for your feedback about your experience at the hotel.

If you have a moment and can send me more information about the upgrade you were charged for I would like to correct and reassure that your Club Carlson upgrade was for your loyalty and not a fee.

Hope to connect with you soon,

612-337-9749

Reviewed 28 August 2014

I was recently at a conference in Minneapolis and stayed at the Radisson Blu. It is newly remodeled. Extremely clean, everything new. Free WiFi, refrigerator and small safe in room. Very close to the Light Rail that goes to the airport and the Mall of America. Very satisfied with my stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
Kathryn L, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear MississippiGuy,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our TA survey. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel for your conference!

I truly appreciate your very thoughtful recognition of our hotel! I have shared your comments with our staff, and I am certain that your feedback serves to encourage all of us.

We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area and I truly thank you for your business and loyalty!

Reviewed 28 August 2014

I was in town for a conference, stayed here for the last night before an early flight home. I meant to stay at the RB by the airport but somehow got the downtown RB when reserving online. They were willing to cancel my downtown reservation once I gave them a confirmation # for the airport RB hotel, but I decided to just keep my downtown room. I'd never stayed in downtown Minneapolis before so perhaps it was just me, but finding/getting into the parking garage happened after a couple circles around the city. It was dark, lots of construction going on, but it's also a downtown setting so just take a deep breath and be a little patient with yourself finding the not-very-well-marked parking garage. Very clean and quiet, lots of outlets including I think four usb outlets and the clock radio could have an iPhone plugged into it to charge and wake you up. The beds were FANTASTIC. Oh my gosh - the beds! Heaven. Really great little two-cup coffee maker with both regular mugs and paper travel mugs, which doesn't sound like a big deal but I had to get up at 4:00 to catch a flight so it was very much appreciated. They also had an espresso maker downstairs with fruit, granola bars, and water. Giant TV we didn't end up using so will have to make more time for that on the next trip. Lots of space in the room to set things down, nice little closet, and it smelled so wonderful. Not a cover-up smell, not a smell of a cleaning product, whatever it was they used just the right amount and it was lovely. The restaurant had a really fantastic selection, with regional and Scandinavian options in it. I was brought the wrong soup, mushroom instead of wild rice, but I just kept it, it was excellent and the salad was marvelous. The drinks were terrific, too. Maybe a bit strong, but I'd rather that than watered down. It was late and we were so tired, I really appreciated the restaurant atmosphere, cozy (but not too cozy) tables, menu and drink and wine selection, lighting, music, all of it. Very relaxing. Wonderful experience. I like hotels clean and quiet, that's really about all I ask. Not having to wander around late for food was also greatly appreciated. Staff were incredibly kind.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Lynn,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our TA survey. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and FireLake restaurant!

I truly appreciate your very thoughtful recognition of our hotel and team! I have shared your comments with our each department, and I am certain that your feedback serves to encourage all of us.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

My family and I went up for a concert to MSP. We stayed at the Radisson Blu. The hotel was 3 blocks away from the Target Center, 4 blocks from the Twins Stadium, on 7th Street near tons of restaurants and night life. The hotel has been completely updated-from the lobby to your room. It was so great, I had to take pictures and send them to my husband to say "Nee-ner-nee-ner Look where I get to sleep tonight!"The hotel was expensive, but we were able to use the Mayo Clinic Discount. I would pay the price again for a one night stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Sarah,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our TA survey. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel for the concert!

I truly appreciate your very thoughtful recognition of our hotel team! I have shared your comments with our staff, and I am certain that your feedback serves to encourage all of us.

We hope to see you (and your husband) again when your travels bring you back to the area and I truly thank you for your business and loyalty!

Reviewed 28 August 2014

I booked this room on the Radisson web site. Expedia had the room for $40 less. When I checked in I showed this to desk manager. He said cancel with us and book on expedia. The beds are large twins, not queens or doubles. very firm and hard. The location of hotel is great but the remodel to Blu did not help this property.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Joe,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our TA survey and share your disappointment.

While I regretted seeing some of the scoring we earned, we learn more from frank honest feedback than from praise and we look forward to an opportunity to retain your business both for our hotel and for the brand.

I have had hotel stays go astray in the past and I know that even small inconveniences can ruin a otherwise solid experience, and I am sorry. We want to ensure our service standards are meeting your needs, with that said Michelle Torguson our Director of Operations has reach out via email and would like to discuss the issues on how we can ensure to resolve and a similar situation does not occur again.

Joe, I assure you that we have higher standards and that this experience was an anomaly. I hope we get the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Please feel free to contact Michelle or myself and keep my contact information if I can be of future assistance.

612-337-9749

Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

Shocked at other reviews commenting on poor customer service. Stayed 2 nights for business and had a fantastic experience. Two people stood out: First was the concierge, Brandon. He made dinner reservations for us, proactively printed out directions for us and placed them in our car and left a hand written note on my bed making sure the stay was going well. I left my watch in my room - unlike me, I promise - called lost and found and Judy found my watch and is sending to me. She could not have been more pleasant. All in all, would highly recommend this property.

And - have dinner in their restaurant. The food - specifically the scallops and lamb - were outstanding. And don't miss the Minnesota wild rice soup. Split one - it is rich!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Kathryn L, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear NewcoSteve,

I truly appreciate your very thoughtful recognition of our hotel team! I have shared your compliments with Judy and Brandon, and they were honored that you mentioned them by name. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to recognize both for a job well done!