“Good Property; Average food”

Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown/City Center
Ranked #36 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Mumbai,India
“Good Property; Average food”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Property is good and maintained nicely, It'slocated at Downtown which is inclose proximity of Target Stores and Macy's, loads of Restaurents & Food Joints.
Hotel has really boring and limited options for Breakfast. so it's better to opt to go out and eat.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
RITeam, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown/City Center, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are so glad you enjoyed staying at our hotel downtown Minneapolis where you are within walking distance to plenty of restaurants/bars and sports venues. Sorry to hear that our breakfast offerings did not meet your expectations as we are mandated by Marriott to have the same offerings as every other Residence Inn. They do try to meet everyone's needs with the hot buffet items, the pastry trays, the oatmeal and waffle stations as well as our cold section of yogurt, fresh fruit, and made to go parfaits however, unfortunately there are times that guests are looking for items that would have to be order at a sit down restaurant instead of a hot buffet that is trying to cater to the average guest.

Thank you again for your time.

Aimee Bunker
Front Office Manager
Residence Inn City Center
MInneapolis, MN

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Great location right in the heart of downtown Mpls. Conveniently connected to offices, etc. via the Skyway so if you're there in the cold months, it makes getter around really easy on foot by never having to go outside. Really nice sized studio room with kitchenette (including full size fridg). Attached parking - seemed a little high but I think it is in line with the daily rate downtown. Free internet (was fine for email, social media, etc.) with the option to upgrade to a faster speed for a fee if you desired. Includes a full hot breakfast every day - eggs, meat, potatoes, pancakes or french toast, sometimes a breakfast sandwich, waffle irons to make your own, oatmeal, cold cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, and pastry/breads. Dinner on week nights that is a little more simple but decent if you don't feel like going out after a long work day.

Nice, clean and in good condition. Most staff were quite friendly and helpful. One or two got overwhelmed with more than one person at the desk at a time and got a little rattled. Particularly when we were trying to make a reservation. It was quiet except for the weekends when there was some hallway noise.

My only real issues were that after staying there for two full weeks, I got a little bored with scrambled eggs every morning. A little variety on the egg front would be nice. Also, they didn't give me new toiletry items a few days and I had to get shampoo from the front desk. All in all, I will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank hilary41
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

This is my favorite place to stay while I am at Minneapolis. Large studio-room with kitchenette, friendly staff and really well located with an attached parking, ... What else ?? No chichi, Internet and breakfast are include....... that's awesome, no surprises

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bambooly
Bangalore
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I have visited Minneapolis on official trips a couple of times and most of the times I have stayed at this Hotel. Its in the heart of Mpls downtown so very convenient for going to office by walk or sky-ways. There are ample of options of dinning out. Breakfast is complimentary at the hotel restaurant and it is very good. Definitely one of my preferred place to stay when on a business trip.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Potomac, Maryland
Reviewed 29 March 2014

It's a very nice place, and the employees are very helpful, but I think that an urban hotel must take proper noise abatement measure. Instead, even though I was on the 11th floor, I had to sleep with ear plugs and white noise from my iphone.

I also had booked the government rate, and was told that it was only for federal employees, and as a state employee I didn't qualify. In almost twenty years of traveling as a state government employee, this was the first time a hotel declined to give me the government rate. Fortunately, it was only one night and the next best rate wasn't that much more.

Room Tip: Ask to not be facing the street, or it's going to be very noisy, all night.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank danielbeez
RITeam, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown/City Center, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to review us and will take your thoughts into consideration as we work towards a hotel renovation that we hope to start by the end of 2014. We feel badly that you had a poor night sleep and apologize for that.
As far as the issue you experienced at check in with the rate you booked, our government rate is a federal government rate. It is published as a military/federal government rate and states that it requires ID. By labeling it this way we feel that it lets guests know that you must be one of the two to qualify for the rate. Producing a state government ID unfortunately does not qualify you, therefore the front desk staff member offered you the next best rate you did qualified for. We cannot speak to the other hotels that have allowed you to stay at their government rate however, our policy has always been the same.
Again, we thank you for your review and hope that you might give us another opportunity to help you sleep well in our hotel in the future.

Best Regards,

Aimee Bunker
Front Office Manager
Residence Inn City Center
Cincinnati
Reviewed 6 March 2014

First the Pros: Super Nice and responsive staff. I asked what time I should leave for the airport the next morning - and they immediately offered up a sedan to take me there at 8am the next morning for the price of a cab. Great recommendations for nearby (walkable) dining options AND they even gave us coupons for free appetizers and discounts.
I was surprised how nice my room was. Very large. Fresh.
Now the Cons:
1) The desk chair and desk are mismatched. The desk is WAY TOO HIGH for this cheap desk chair that doesn't go up high enough. That doesn't bode well when you have a few hours of work that you need to do...
2) Speaking of the desk chair - it must be broken as the back is fixed leaning back in almost a recline mode. Uncomfortable. Cheap.
3) You remember those cheap old low flo toilets that didn't flush well and constantly got stopped up? Well, they are here (or at least in my room #1222)
4) The Internet service is LOUSY. It wouldn't hold my VPN and was diagnosed as "unstable". I finally had to pull out my personal Verizon MiFi and provided my own internet service. I normally never have to do that at a hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business