“Tough as nails staff”

Millennium Minneapolis
Ranked #15 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I made a reservation for two rooms for myself and a colleague here for a business trip. We travel to the twin cities about once a month and this time I thought I would try a different hotel. When our flight landed at MSP airport just before 8pm, we turned on our cells and found a voice mail from our boss instructing us the trip was cancelled and we needed to turn around and come home on the last flight. I immediately called the hotel and explained the situation. The front desk agent who answered my call said they were not full, but that a manager would have to approve canceling the reservation. After being connected to him he told me he would still charge us a one night penalty. I called one more time the next day seeking some understanding from a different voice and spoke with a different manager. She was even less sympathetic. She didn't care that I was at 35,000 feet when their cancel policy expired, and said she was still charging us because they were "full that night." I guess that's why you're reading this, because the 2nd manager misled me about their occupancy, solely to justify hitting me for $300.

There are newer reviews for Millennium Minneapolis

Reviewed 13 January 2014

This front desk is very helpful and very friendly. Jamie is amazing, a true gem and great person.
Chelsea was very nice and personable. I would visit this great hotel for the amazing service and great front staff

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Katie N, General Manager at Millennium Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Natalia C,
Thank you so much for your kind review. Jamie is a great leader and certainly leads by example for her team. As you can read in other reviews, we have an outstanding front office team that works closely with all of our associates to offer an exceptional guest experience.
Jamie and Chelsea both represent our beautiful "new" hotel so well.
We all look forward to welcoming you back to Minneapolis and the Millennium Hotel soon.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

After a very long day full of frustration getting to the Minneapolis area via air, I finally reached the hotel nearing midnight - without my luggage. I called ahead to let the hotel know that I would be late and would arrive without any luggage. I explained my situation to Colin who asked what I needed (besides my luggage!) When I entered my room, I found that Colin had arranged to leave some items including a robe and other items he thought I may need until my luggage caught up with me in the morning. Without me asking for his help, his thoughtfulness made a rather painful situation much more tolerable. It is customer service such as Colin's which makes the difference between 'average' and 'excellent'. I would be happy to stay at the Millennium on my next visit to Minneapolis.

Dear Marci T,
A review like yours is the reason that I have chosen hospitality as my career. Manager's like Colin truly understand what it means to anticipate guest needs. I am so proud of the team here and what they continue to consistently do to take care of our guests.
We look forward to seeing you in Minneapolis again soon!
All the best for a great 2014!

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Great location next to convention center. Nicely remodeled. Ok hotel overall, but Shana (spelling?) at the desk makes the difference. Great customer service. Really thankful she was there for us on a tough night.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Great hotel. The staff were all friendly and helpful. My room was quiet, clean and comfortable. North 45 (the restaurant/lounge) was also exceptional. Smaller menu but great choices. The baked chocolate chip cookie with vanilla gelato was a perfect close to the meal.

JRC1983,
I am excited to let you know that we are rolling a new menu in the next 2 weeks. We have put together a great culinary team that will create even better menu choices. We are also going to have an outstanding wine list with many selections for a wide range of tastes.
I will let our Chef know how much you enjoyed the cooked and gelato and maybe he will be persuaded to keep them on the menu!
Please come see us again!

Reviewed 8 January 2014

First, let me say what a great location the Millennium is located. We were so close to all of the fabulous shops and restaurants. It was all walking distance, which was a big perk for us. The staff was so helpful and friendly and made our stay a pleasant one. The Hotel lobby and restaurant offered wonderful food and never made you feel rushed. It was a very relaxing atmosphere. I would not hesitate to stay there again. Also, the hotel just had a complete renovation and the rooms were spectacular. They were so spacious and had everything you needed for a nights stay. I can't say enough about this hotel.

Room Tip: We were on the 11th floor in the corner of the hotel and it was an amazing view. I believe it was a...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel last weekend while in town for a business show. All aspects of our stay were great.Our room couldn't have been nicer with a comfortable bed and plenty of room for me to get my work done. The room was spotlessly made up each day. Each and every individual that we met form the hotel staff was very very friendly and helpful. Just a great place to stay

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business