“Location and Comfort in the city”

Millennium Minneapolis
Ranked #14 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Tampa, Florida
“Location and Comfort in the city”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed there for a volleyball tournament. The decor is updated and modern and the room was cozy and comfortable. Bathroom was well lit but small for 4 people. We really appreciated the selection of fresh items in the snack shack; fruits and cheeses, yogurts and low fat milk were terrific for late nights. The best feature is location. The hotel's walkway to adjacent convention center was perfect, as it was cold and rainy one of the days. It is also located near wonderful restaurants and just a few blocks from the metro. If you are attending anything at the convention center, the Millennium is the place to stay!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

A warm welcome and a friendly smile from Shannon got our visit off to a very good start. She and all Millennium team took great care during our stay. Rooms were clean and attractive. Good value for the money. Great downtown location.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Cemal T
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I had been meaning to stay at the Millennium for quite some time, seeing as it was one of the only Minneapolis hotels I hadn't stayed in and the reviews made it sound very good.
I finally got the chance the other weekend, thanks to a Hotwire special. The lobby was great and very elegant, but I couldn't help but be underwhelmed by the rooms themselves. They were awfully small and not near the expectations I had, given the reputation.
It was good to experience the hotel, but I don't think I will go out of my way to stay there again. Room size and comfort are big to me, and that's what this hotel lacked.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Katie N, General Manager at Millennium Minneapolis, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for taking time to comment on our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you were not pleased with the size and comfort of the guest rooms. With the completion of the very extensive renovation, there was a lot of thought and research done to ensure that our guests have a comfortable experience. We have received great feedback regarding the comfort of the beds and pillows and the finishes in the rooms.
I am happy to know that you enjoyed the lobby area. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have occasion to stay downtown in the future. I would be happy to assist you with your reservation needs.
Regards,
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed 21 April 2014

HI there,
It was my first visit to MN and the staff at this hotel were very helpful.
They guided me so well for a lot of things and the checkout process was very smooth and quick.

Overall, great team! Shaina, Colin and Jamie ---> ***** stars for you all. Yes those are five stars :)

Room Tip: high floor for great sunlight!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ali Z
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Stayed at the Millennium Minneapolis while attending a convention. The property has been recently remodeled and is very clean. The location is literally a 3 minute walk from the convention center and can be accessed via the skybridge in case of weather. I am on the road for work 30 weeks a year and the mattress was one of the most comfortable I have slept on, woke up rested and refreshed every morning. There is an extensive workout room onsite. There are several great restaurants within walking distance and the in-hotel bar is a great place for a few drinks at the end of the day.

Only negatives were that the A/C in my room (and others in party reported the same) did not work well, but we were here the first "warm" week of the year so the hotel may not have had the chillers on yet. I was able to open a window and this kept the room comfortable. Prices for the pantry items were more expensive that I expected ($4 for bottle of water) but there is a gas station 3 blocks away and that's where I went for beverages. Room rate was in line considering the convention.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank tbfltri8
Katie N, General Manager at Millennium Minneapolis, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you very much for the kind review.

There was considerable thought put into the redesign of the hotel and bed and pillow comfort was at the top of our list. We certainly acknowledge the importance of good nights sleep while you're away from home. Additionally, we designed the Fitness Suite with much the same thought process. It is important that our guests are able to enjoy the same perks while being on the road.

It was a beautiful spring week when you stayed with us. You are correct in stating that we have not yet started the chillers. Our rooms are able to be cooled with the new units we installed and the benefit of the windows opening is great.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch with me if I may be of assistance with future reservations. We look forward to welcoming you back to Minneapolis!

Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed 9 April 2014

My husband, 2 kids and myself stayed here for 2 nights while attending an event at the Minneapolis Convention Center. The room was not huge but very nicely outfitted. Staff was all very friendly and helpful. The pool was again not huge but that is expected in a downtown property. We got a rate of $107/night plus taxes which I thought was a great deal. Loved that it was attached via skywalk to convention center. We would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lynn_from_WI
Lynn,
Thank you so much for such a kind review.
Our proximity to the Convention Center is truly unbeatable. We are very fortunate to have received a very extensive renovation in 2013. The 1 year anniversary for our re-opening in April 29th.

Minneapolis is such a great city, especially in the summer months. Please feel free to contact me directly if I may be of assistance with future reservation needs.

Mendota, Illinois
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We recently had the pleasure of staying at the Millenium Hotel in downtown Minneapolis. The experience was very positive and we would highly recommend this location. Our check-in experience was good and was promptly offered a king bed when I requested one. The room location was good with a nice view of the Minneapolis downtown. Size of the room was not large but it was adequate and well appointed (and up to date). Bed provided a great night sleep and was very comfortable. Bathroom was a bit on the small size, but again it was well appointed and more than functional. Loved the sliding door for the bathroom along with the fluffy robes..both added a nice touch to the room. Parking was next to the hotel and provided easy access to the main lobby. Overall, the building appears to have received a recent remodel, so the lobby and other interior furnishings and decor are up-to-date and classy. Location is very close to the convention center and a short walk from Nicollet Mall and downtown attractions. Target Center and Target Field are a longer walk or short cab ride from this location.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple