“Nice hotel, great staff”

Millennium Minneapolis
Ranked #15 of 52 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

In Minneapolis for a conference. Millenium was one of the conference hotels. Staff was very friendly and courteous. The hotel bar had a limited food menu, but very good. Happy hour was fun! Forgot my pen and grabbed one of their's from the room. Leaked all over my shirt pocket, phone, and even my room key. They tried to clean it to no avail. The compensation was reasonable. My only complaint about the hotel is that the lobby was too cold to sit for more than a few minutes. The parking garages does not have a elevator, not a real problem but you have to plan ahead.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank tiwahl
Katie N, General Manager at Millennium Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you very much for choosing the Millennium for your visit to Minneapolis. I am always excited to hear that our staff was warm and accommodating to guests during their stay.
I am so sorry about the pen! I spoke with the manager on duty and was told that we took care of the situation for you.

Please keep us in mind for your next visit to the Twin Cities. Feel free to contact me directly to assist with reservation needs.

Katie Neufeld

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I have stayed at several hotels with nice amenities, but the Millenium had a few extras that took this from a 4 star to a 5 star experience. The club lounge was awesome (I really appreciated being able to grab a cold drink anytime!) and the breakfast and horderves were all freshly prepared and delicious. The master chef in the restaurant served up some really unique and tasty offerings and all the staff at the hotel were very friendly and attentive. The management team have come up with some nice "extras" that made a big difference. Coming back every evening I'd find the lights had been turned on in my room and the next day's weather report had been placed on my nightstand (along with some delicious chocolates!). Even the ice bucket had been filled in my room! I would definitely recommend the Millenium as an outstanding option when visiting Minneapolis!

Room Tip: If you aren't a member, club level is worth the extra price!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rob D
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The management staff was amazing and very proactive. They were there to welcome my team with positive professionalism. The venue was excellent and was what we expected from this wonderful establishment. I have been here before with my husband and we knew it was going to be good but they did above and beyond our expectations. The wait staff and restaurant staff had our business banquet area prepared well in advance with all the things I could ever wanted. They even branded their staff with my company brand to make us feel welcomed. The food was prepared perfectly in a good timely manner which is all I can ask for. The lighting and ambiance was perfect for the business banquet and the area was a perfect fit. I will definitely be bringing more of my business clients and private meetings here. I would like to thank the front desk staff who was very attentive to our guests and also a few people who helped make sure all this happened perfectly: Fadi(the manager of the food services who helped design our menu), Ted (Executive Chef who prepared the food), and the managers who welcomed us Jamie, Janice, and Jennifer. Thank you for making our banquet a success.

Room Tip: If you have any special requests, go a head and let them know a head of time. I had people with food...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My husband and I recently stayed overnight for the first time at the Millennium. We stayed on the club floor, which provided us access to a very nice lounge. What made it special were the two concierges working in the lounge. They went out of their way to greet us and make sure we were waited on. Very friendly, nice and professional!

Room Tip: This is a great hotel to stay at if you want immediate, close access to the shops, restaurants and b...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying here at the Millenium Hotel and our stay was nothing short of amazing. The concierges were all wonderful and did seemingly everything they could to make our stay better. First off we arrived via a red eye flight and when we showed up rather than just holding onto our luggage until our original check in time they actually checked us into our room 6 hours early so we could get some sleep. The second day there one of them offered us free tickets to go see the Twins play. It gave us something different to do for a few hours that evening and showed that they were willing to go above and beyond to make our stay memorable and enjoyable. The location is great! You are within walking distance of most of (if not all of) downtown Minneapolis. We filled our days by trying out new restaurants and shopping, and found that the nightlife and bars in the area made those warm summer nights fun. I would definitely recommend this to my friends and family and would stay here again myself.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Terrible service! In spite of having made a reservation directly with the hotel several weeks ago, I was told that the hotel was overbooked and no room was available. They sent me to another hotel where I was given a disgusting room that smelled like cigarette smoke. Apparently, there were several other people like me. I would not make another reservation for this hotel that does not honor its own reservations.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank hotel0guest
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We were here for a wedding - the dome on the 14th floor offers a spectacular view of the city and is a great venue for it! Staff very helpful and extraordinarily good breakfast - crabs Benedict, breakfast pizza and homemade granola very highly recommended.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends