“Average Doubletree - which is not too bad.”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis
Ranked #26 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Stayed here for one quick night last week for some business downtown. Hotel is not connected to the skyway which is an inconvenience in the cold weather.

Rooms are nice and spacious. Service is good. Food in restaurant is so-so. Starbucks is right next door and connected to the restaurant.

So overall it was just ok. Corporate rate was quite cheap though so the value was good.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis

Reviewed 16 November 2011

Nothing glamorous about the outward appearance of this Doubletree, but recent renovations make the interior and the guest rooms warm and very comfortable. I enjoyed working from my suite and had no problems with the internet. The equipment in the fitness room was in good repair. Staff was friendly and professional. As a Hilton Honors member, I enjoyed a complimentary breakfast in the downstairs restuarant every morning. Hot breakfast items as well as the traditional continental breakfast were a part of the buffet. Very close to the restaurants and shops on Nicollet Mall. I also walked to the Twins stadium one evening for a game. Can't really say anything negative about the place. I have stayed at this hotel three or four times in the last year, and I have always been pleased. Will stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank FreqyFlier
Reviewed 4 November 2011

We have stayed here quite a few times and although it's a nice enough hotel, the best thing about it (other than those chocolate chip cookies!) is the location. We can walk to almost everything we want to do in the downtown area...Orchestra Hall is a block away, Target Center a couple blocks, The Orpheum and State Theaters about the same. Weekend prices are very good, but weekday are too high for what you get. My one complaint is the parking...there is a rooftop parking ramp and it's easily filled. They need more close, secure parking for the hotel patrons.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2011

The Good:
Location: close to Nicolett and Conference Center.
Comfortable Bed
There is a Target at walking distance where you can get some basic food stuff.

The not so Good:
No Complimentary Breakfast (I’ve been in over 10 hotels in the past year, from family owned, and motels to big hotel chains and this is the first one that doesn’t even offer a simple breakfast)
$8 for WiFi in your Room
Free WiFi in the Lobby that at least for me never worked on 5 days (but I saw other people with their computers there so I guess they were able to connect).
The room was ample but somehow for me it wasn’t functional. I was in the second floor and when you go in, the only light that turns on with the switch is next to the bathroom so the entrance of the room is really dark, take in consideration that the room is rectangular and long enough for this light not to cover the entrance. There are other lights but you need to turn them on/off directly.
There is a fridge and microwave but no utensils (plate & cutlery).
Even though the beds are far from the door I was able to hear CLEARLY when somebody was just passing by the corridor or going to their rooms, fortunately I didn’t have neighbors so noise was not a problem.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 October 2011

My friends and I traveled from San Francisco to Minneapolis for The Aveda Congress Event. The Cab drivers in this city are not very knowledgeable or helpful when you arrive at the airport so my friends and I ended up at the wrong Double Tree! The manager that day was Mike. He was so kind to us! He drove us to the other hotel, which was about 3 miles or so , in HIS OWN CAR!!!!!! Mike I just want to say that YOU were our hero that day. We told EVERYONE about what happened and how you helped us out. You went above and beyond. Thank you so much!

The girls from San Francisco

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Despite construction on the outside of the building, I did not hear any noise so that was very pleasant and it didn't seem to disrupt the environment. The room I received must have been an upgraded room as it had a whole separate living area from the bedroom. The staff at the front desk was friendly and my room came with a hot breakfast buffet. The breakfast buffet was basic but that is all I needed, it had eggs and breakfast meats as well as cold items. There were only a few things I didn't care for which was that the room was lacking light in multiple places and it was hard to see some things - like where the mini bar/microwave was.. The bathroom was kind of funky (not in a good way) but it was functional and that is what is important. I typically do not stay at this hotel - however my normal choice was unavailable and I took a chance and I can honestly say that if my first spot is not available I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Mike Obradovich the Executive Meeting Manager at the DoubleTree Guest Suites in Minneapolis is amazing. I had forty people coming in from out of town for my wedding on August 20, 2011. Mike and all the DoubleTree staff made sure my guests were happy, comfortable, and enjoying the city of Minneapolis. They were more than happy to pass out the welcome bags I had made for my guests. When I had to correct the front desk and remind them that the bags were actually one bag per guest and not one bag per room, they went to the rooms of the guests that had already checked in and hand delivered the missing bags.

They also have a meeting room connected to the honeymoon suite that is perfect for getting ready on the big day! They decorate it with mirrors and chairs and have a wonderful selection of breakfast items you can order for your bridal party while you're getting ready. I would highly recommend not only the DoubleTree but Mike Obradovich. The customer service from both Mike and the hotel were above and beyond what most people in this industry are offering.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends