DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$190
US$167
  • Room Service
Minneapolis Marriott City Center(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
US$229
US$193
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$201
  • Pool
Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$186
US$118
US$191
1,139 results
All reviewsdouble treewarm cookiesconvention centernicollet mallwithin walking distanceorchestra hallsitting areafront desk staffbreakfast buffetwould definitely stay here againparking garagechecking incoffee makerupon checkhotel restaurantconvenient locationfew blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Hotel is very clean, and location isn't horrible. Taxi traffic close to nonexistent. Parking is tricky is you drive anything bigger than a small car. There is very limited spots or room to move a truck or SUV. in Fact upon entrance to the parking it says Clearance 12 feet, as you progress through and turn to go down, it changes to 6ft!!! not good for a ford Expedition to back up and move out. The spots up top are extremely tight AND cars are parked along the up/down ramp as well. There is insight bar and restaurant to meet your needs a little. However if you plan to have a cocktail at 10:30 on a saturday night, forget it! That is very disappointing.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Patrick B, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Pam,

Thank you for staying with us and for the feedback. I appreciate your nice comments about the cleanliness of our hotel and that you rated it as high as possible. I would like to apologize for the problems you encountered with transportation and in our lounge. Most often the taxi stand at our main entrance has taxi's available but I am sorry they were not available when needed.

Once again, I appreciate the feedback as it will help us improve in all areas of our operation.
I hope you will give us another try the next time you are in Minneapolis.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Our room had pills that were opened with white powder spread on the floor by the tv. I called the front desk and someone came to clean and sanitize and they gave us free coffee! HOW GROSS! No discount. I even asked for it. There were no hotel rooms available in another hotel and we were stuck there due to bad weather. I will NEVER stay there again. The room next to us were having a party all night long. I called several times and nobody ever came to quiet them down. I explained to the front desk several times that we were in town for a convention and had to be up and going by 6am. Once again they did nothing.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Patrick B, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Rachel,

I apologize for the lack of response by our team as well as the condition of your room. This is not the service or quality that we routinely provide and I would like to apologize to you directly. Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Patrick Bissen
612-332-6800

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Where do I began, I booked this hotel through Priceline by mistake and therefore was forced to stay there due to the no-refund or cancellation policy. At first I wanted to just take the loss and book another room someplace else but I figured I would try to make the best of it. When we arrived at the hotel, we entered this tiny two level parking ramp. Grasp your mind around this. A 10 story building full of hotel guest with a two-level parking ramp with cars lined up along the wall. The spacing and driving lane was so tight due to cars lined up on both sides it’s a miracle that we were able to get our SUV out of there without a scratch or dent. After we were unable to locate a parking spot I decided to just check-in and worry about the parking later since we had dinner reservations and wouldn’t be returning until later on that evening. I then approach the women working at the reception desk to check in. She was rude in the fact that she rarely bothered to lift here head when she spoke to me and continued to talk on a two-way radio constantly cutting me off while I was asking her question. She then decided to tell me that they charge a $50 fee for incidentals and $20 for PARKING! (I wish they would explain the fees before you book with them.) Now mind you, I just narrowly escaped this parking lot with my vehicle intact and now she's telling me they are going to charge me for parking even though I couldn’t find a spot? She then tells me that they have an overflow parking lot across the street if there was no parking located in the attached garage. This overflow parking is just an open lot that is not covered and offers no benefit over just parking on the street since meters are free after 6PM and not enforced on the weekends. Visibly frustrated, I get the key to my room and as I turn to walk away she offers me some complimentary "Warm Cookies". Listen folks, when you have a customer in front of you who is upset about the customer service, hidden fees, and terrible parking, the last thing you want to do is insult them with some "Warm Cookies"!!! Are you kidding me!!! Nonetheless I decline the gesture and proceed up to my room to drop off my overnight bag. Upon entering the room I’m shocked to see bed literally 1 1/2 ft. from the door. Why? The rest of the room appeared to be spacious with a mini fridge, microwave, desk area etc... But it’s all tucked away in the back of the room WHERE THE BED SHOULD BE! (I will tell you why in a moment). Now further infuriated by this experience I drop my bag and leave for dinner. After returning to the hotel later that evening we are greeted by red cones lining the attached parking ramp indicating that it was full. Shocker!!! So instead of going into the overflow parking we just parked on the street in front of the hotel since there was plenty of free parking, even though I was being charged for a service that I did not use. When we get up to the room it was freezing in there, and turning up the thermostat did little to help. As I go to lie down for the night all I hear is people running up and down the hallway, people knocking on doors, and couples having relations, due to the walls being paper thin. You can't help but here everything going on outside your room due to the placement of the bed right against the door. At the end of the day I didn’t get any sleep, we froze all night and I ended up paying for service that I did not use. That pretty much sums up my worst hotel stay ever. I will never stay here again and will make sure my family and friends know about this debacle.

Room Tip: TIP. Personally I would stay away from this place, but if you decide to stay, ask for a room where that bed is located near the windows and not by the door if they have that type of floor plan..
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Patrick B, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Carmen,

I would like to apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay. Please contact me at your convenience so I can formally apologize and welcome you back to the hotel.

Patrick Bissen
612-332-6800

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I found it extremely comfortable accommodations. Both queen beds were great. The room, halls and common areas were clean. I found the sitting/ lounging area comfortable and homey. Good price. The staff was friendly and helpful. I will make it a point to stay at a Hilton whenever I travel.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of our hotel. It is great to see that you gave us the highest rating possible for everything from cleanliness to service. We hope your visit to Minneapolis was successful and we hope to see you again when you visit our great city.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

This is a great hotel with a great staff. They treat you wonderful. The amenities are very nice, rooms are quite and they want to help you with any thing that you may need. The hotel is very clean and the food at the hotel restaurant was excellent. They had a happy hour that had some great wines. The business center was neat and clean and they have a wireless code that you use to print presentations from your room which was convenient. The Target headquarters is directly across the street and a cool Mexican Restaurant bar on the first floor directly across so that you can have some choices to eat from. This makes it very easy and the Metro comes down town from the Mall of America which is right near the airport so you can actually pick it up from the Mall of American because that is the Metro's last stop. My room had a desk and a living room with a separate area for the bedroom which was nice and a TV in both rooms. I will definitely stay here again and believe it to be an excellent value and it makes it easy for checking out when you have an appointment across the street.

Debra,

Thank you for the 5 Star review. Our location and business services are a great compliment to the hospitality we provide. Target Headquarters along with many other companies are very close to our hotel which is ideal when in town on business. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our Happy Hour. Once again, thank you for the kind words and we hope to see you on your next visit to Minneapolis.