“Spacious deluxe room, Well kept”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis
Ranked #24 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Mumbai, India
“Spacious deluxe room, Well kept”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Deluxe room was quite spacious than I had imagined. Room furnishings are well maintained and clean bathroom. Appreciate room tariff for a deluxe room. Location perfect for people travelling for business.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Patrick B, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dipankar,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We agree that our location is ideal for the business traveler. Our large suites are also perfect for every guest who wants room to relax and work while on the road. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again when visiting Minneapolis.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Seattle
Reviewed 24 March 2014

The hotel property is old, and as such, has problems inherent with an old building. Though it was 9 degrees outside, my room was terribly hot. Luckily the window could open, but then I'd hear the street noises. And with the window open, I had to leave curtains open, otherwise the wind made them slap around. Though the room itself was large and pleasant enough. As I check out, I mentioned the heat issue. The manager apologized and offered credit for both parking and internet fees which was very nice. Speaking of parking, the one lot is extremely small. The spaces are cramped. And I came back to hotel in evening and it was full up, so I had to park on street anyway! Since it was weekend, this wasn't really a problem (except I had originally PAID for parking).
MY server at the restaurant there happened to be not very good. I was rather annoyed. I did note the other server and another person were exactly the opposite. VERY nice. VERY pleasant.
Overall, not convinced I'd stay there again. Might try one of the other properties, though the Hilton Garden Inn there is in an awkward spot traffic wise.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Patrick B, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write the review about your recent stay. I apologize for the problems you encountered with our parking and heating systems. We are continuing to look at ways to make both of these better for future guests. All of your feedback, including the good and bad in the restaurant, is appreciated very much. We will use it to continue to look for ways to improve our hotel. Thank your for staying with us and we hope you will give us another try on your next visit to Minneapolis.
Mason City, United States
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We arrived early but allowed to check in. Enjoyed the closeness to downtown and the music forum we went to. Hotel personnel were very helpful in pointing out services and amenities. Friendliness was great. Room was clean and fresh. Beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Patrick B, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Thank you Mark for the 5 Star review about our hotel. We appreciate the comments about our great service, location, and quality accommodations. Please come visit us again the next time you visit the downtown area.
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I just spent a single night here for work and was very happy with my experience. The front desk staff was extremely polite and chatty--they even helped with a great suggestion for where to have dinner. For the record, if you're looking for a nearby (walking distance) restaurant to watch a game that has great atmosphere and food/drinks, look no further than The Newsroom. Also, the bar within the hotel has a nice atmosphere and is very reasonably priced in comparison to other hotel bars.

The rooms are reasonably large and very well appointed. It was very apparent that these are recently remodeled rooms and that the Doubletree has done a fantastic job in that remodel. The sitting area had a love seat, desk with desk chair, end chair, and coffee table. The TV in the sitting area is about 40' and of medium quality. In the bedroom area, it is a little cramped but the bed and bedding were very comfortable. The TV is a little smaller, maybe 32' and sits at eye level on top of a dresser. In between the rooms are the bathroom and a mini bar--the bathroom is somewhat small considering the rest of the room space but it is well appointed and very clean. The mini bar is convenient as well--it has a refrigerator in one drawer and the coffee maker on top of the counter. I would compare this to be a 'junior' version of a standard Embassy Suites room.

A couple of things that I wasn't thrilled about with this room--the parking is pretty pricey (~$20/nt but I guess that's standard for downtown), the rooms (although nicely remodeled) are still showing signs of age, and the hotel itself is not terribly accessible from the main street. Apart from those small issues, I would have no problem saying that I would be very happy to stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review about your recent stay and our hotel. We did recently remodel and will always continue to look for new ways to improve our accommodations. It is great to hear that you experienced high quality service from our team and that you rated our service at the highest level. Thank you for saying you will come back to our hotel and we look forward to hosting you on your next visit.
Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Six of us stayed for just over $100/ngt. Had to pay for internet service in room but still very reasonable. Fitness center was clean and well equipped. Hotel staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. Brit's Pub is just around the corner with great food and atmosphere. Walking distance to a lot of attractions.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Patrick B, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Tracey,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate the nice comments and always will strive to improve. We hope to provide our guests a value for whatever price they pay and it is nice to hear you felt that is what you received. I agree that our hotel is in a great location and we hope you will visit us again on your next trip to Minneapolis.
Toledo, Oregon
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Having traveled extensively throughout the US, it is such a pleasure to find a hotel that is so comfortable you regret having to check out of. My stay at the Doubletree was so exceptionally stellar that I felt it compelled to write about it. The room was so large and beautifully appointed that I immediately relaxed. I couldn't hear a single noise outside the room, so this allowed me the rest I needed during the breaks in my hectic schedule. I found the room service food to be delicious and received in a well-presented and timely fashion. The room design allowed me to conduct business in the living area without being encumbered by the separate sleeping quarters. The staff from the concierge to the cleaning staff were conscientious, cordial and efficient. The security staff made me feel safe and secure whenever I walked around or used the workout facility. Loved having a Starbucks on premises, too. Definitely a delightful place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014
Melody,

Thank you for your very kind words about our staff and hotel. Your words "I didn't want to leave" makes us all very proud that we succeeded in providing you great service while away from home. We hope to see you again the next time you visit Minneapolis and we will have a Starbucks waiting for you.
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I was quite impressed with my recent stay. The rooms were quite large and the extra seating area was perfect for when I wanted to rest but my husband wanted to watch tv. We enjoyed a yummy breakfast one morning and the breakfast staff were eager to please. Since breakfast was not an option for us time wise the next day, having a Starbucks there was invaluable for our quick departure. We had a chance to sit down for cocktails one evening and chat with a staff member, Denitria, who was able to recommend a tasty cocktail when I was stumped for ideas. Every staff member we encounter, be it at breakfast, having cocktails or during housekeeping, was pleasant, cheerful and courteous. I really felt like a guest, not just a patron. I will definitely be staying here again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Brooke,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel and the service provided by our staff. We are very proud to have staff members who take pride in providing personalized service to all our guests. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and please visit us again.