“Hilton Minneapolis”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis
Ranked #26 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed in the Doubletree in Nashville last year and was so pleased that I chose Doubletree again this year for my stay in Minneapolis. However, I was not as pleased as I was in Nashville. I think at $239/night per room, WIFI should be included in that cost. I did not appreciate not being able to get WIFI in my room. And although the room was always clean, it was often too warm. I did not like the heating/air system. Lastly, the hotel in Nashville offered a shuttle service to our conference and there was nothing like that offered in Minneapolis. BUT I will say the staff was EXCELLENT at helping us with all of our needs...even going out of their way to call a car for us and make arrangements.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Patrick B, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Becky,

Thank you for being a loyal Hilton customer and writing this review. It is so great to hear your comments about the excellent service provided by our team. We truly appreciate it. We will continue to stay competitive in the market for rates and services provided to ensure that we are always providing our guests with a good value during each stay with us. Thank you again for the feedback.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis

Reviewed 16 June 2014

The Double Tree has great staff and an even better location, right in the heart of downtown Minneapolis. You're within walking distance of anything you'd want to go to. You're equally close to the main sports and entertainment venues.

James,

Thank you for your review and for the top rating on cleanliness and service. It is great to hear about your experience at our hotel. We truly do have a great location for visitors to the Minneapolis area and that is accompanied by a great team of associates who strive to provide great service to every guest. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope you visit us again.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I will keep this brief - I am a business travel that frequently stays in Doubletree hotels.. they are always nice. I have to say - this particular D-tree (which I have stayed in twice) is really bad... and I am careful in saying that. Normally I don't even take time to write reviews but felt compelled. Where do I start... the front desk staff was very "up and down".. they wrongly told two of our party they had "run out of rooms" and started calling other hotels.. then they realized they screwed up and said "oh wait - we have your rooms" - great. Freaked out the other 15 people there for the same conference. Then, the AC was broken in my room for the two days I was there - staff at desk told me "they know about it" and did nothing else (day 1) - did not care - not offered anything until Day 2 when i had to say something again.. then they cared and said "k no one knew - not sure why they told you that yesterday" - wow.- they fixed it hours later than I asked and I had to sit around and wait for them - they did give me one drink from the bar.. great. Oddly, after I became annoyed by day 2 of dealing with it they made the maintenance staff apologize to me (?) - wasn't even their fault... it was the management that mis-handled everything - really bad. Someone in my group's room had blood on the comforter too - what?!.. plus another bed apparently had a top sheet for a fitted sheet.. again who really cares other than the combined effect makes you wonder what is going on here.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Patrick B, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Christopher,

I apologize for the problems you encountered during your recent stay at our hotel. There is simply no excuse and I understand your frustration. I appreciate your loyalty to the DoubleTree brand and please contact me directly if you would be willing to give our hotel another try.

Thank you again for the feedback.

Patrick

Reviewed 14 June 2014

My room was very comfortable, I loved the location, and overall I would happily choose this hotel again if I were in need of a place to stay in downtown Minneapolis. Our group also checked out the lawn bowling at Brits Pub next door and had a great time. We were at the Doubletree for meetings and the meeting room was perfect for what we needed. I took the light rail from the airport to get there, which was very easy. I do suggest that the hotel put light rail instructions on their website

Michael,

Thank you for staying with us and I am happy to hear that your meetings were a success. It sounds like you were able to mix some business with pleasure and our location is ideal for that as we are situated in the heart of downtown. Thank you for the suggestion about the light rail and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Great hotel. Close to everything! Sometimes room rate is a little pricy, but overall good place. Food in restaurant is okay, but lots of good food close, so my opinion is to venture out! If traveling for business it is a great location as well.

Wesley,

Thank you for being a loyal guest and for taking the time to give us your feedback. Your words "great hotel" speak volumes and we are honored by your loyalty. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Minneapolis.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I've stayed at this location twice and the first time I was less than impressed. I don't think I'm a finicky traveler but I didn't feel like this property lived up to other Hilton properties I've stayed at. It took me 4 years to try out this hotel again. I am so glad I did. You can't beat the location. It's close to everything but still QUIET. An added bonus is that you have Brit's pub right around the corner. If you've never been to Brit's.... GO! The rooftop is great. The front desk staff were so friendly and inviting. When I checked in there were 3 people working and they all talked to me. You could tell they liked their job and each other. I've stayed at places where you are working your station, here is your room key and that is it. If you are a seasoned traveler you know exactly what I mean by that. I thought my room was more than ample. It was clean and far bigger than I needed for a solo traveler. I wish the lounge was open a little longer but Brit's is so close it doesn't matter. A lot has changed since my last stay and I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank DigitalCipher
Patrick B, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you very much for giving us another try. Your review about our customer service and accommodations is great news and it will be shared with the entire team. We will continue to work on daily improvements to hopefully make your next stay even better. Thank you again for all your feedback.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Everything was clean and location was great to get to the places I needed to go. The staff was very helpful with whatever you asked of them. The rooms were good sized and very clean. Breakfast is high priced $16 for what you get.

Shawn,

Thank you for staying with us and the nice review. Your "class" title makes us very proud and it is great to see that you gave cleanliness the highest possible rating. Our downtown location is definitely ideal for any guest coming to Minneapolis. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again.