“Location, Location, Location”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis
Ranked #28 of 52 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed 8 October 2010

Doubletree Suites offers a very convenient downtown Minneapolis location, within easy walking of fine shopping and restaurants on and around Nicollet Mall. Other great attractions nearby are Orchestra Hall, the Walker art museum and sculpture garden, Target event center, and the weather-proof skywalk system. Doubletree's suites are spacious, beds are comfortable, the lobby is inviting, and the staff is helpful and courteous. Price is on a par with many other Minneapolis hotels, but the size of this smaller hotel makes it more personal than some. The fitness center is better than most hotels this size (no pool, though). It would be better if they offered a free continental breakfast and in room Wi-Fi, but this Hilton chain hotel doesn't do that.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,103)

Reviewed 6 October 2010

I stayed at this hotel with my wife and a friend of mine. This was the third time I've stayed at this hotel, and this was the only time I had a complaint. On the third evening of our stay, we opened the room service menu and found a dried up used condom. It was so absolutely disgusting!!! Housekeeping immediately came and removed it. The next day, we discovered water all over our floor and obviously there was something wrong with the air conditioning unit. We were moved to another room where we discovered what appeared to be feces smeared on the bathroom door. The sleeper sofa on which my friend was sleeping was also broken. We were moved to a third room where we spent our last night and it seemed to be much better except for when we first came in the room there was trash underneath the sleeper sofa that was removed at our request. We were informed by housekeeping that they do not typically open up an clean underneath the sleeper sofa. Also, the baby crib we had for our room had a hole in the side which could have been extremely dangerous for an older child. We also discovered what appeared to be mold in the bathroom light fixture of our last room.
At the same time, despite all of these problems, I must say that the staff in the lobby was extremely apologetic and kind and they did many things to make up for the lack of cleanliness and did their best to satisfy us. They just need to invest more time in training their housekeeping

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 October 2010

2 room suite, with large bathroom. It is awfully nice to have the sitting /living room separate from the bed chamber. The hotel needs a bit of an update, but was clean and fresh. Television is the old style cathode ray tube. Water pressure at sink and shower is poor. Shower tiles and grout need a good scrubbing. There was a good bit of noise from the hallway audible. Breakfast and internet was included for me, which was wonderful.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank Flaesb
Reviewed 14 September 2010

I never get the name of the front desk personnel, until now. I have stayed at hotels all over the world, and have never encountered better service than a Mr. Tyler Pomroy gave us on our latest visit to Minneapolis. Our room was being cleaned, and we were early arriving, so we were not able to drop our bags off. Tyler took our bags and put them behind the counter for us until our room was clean, suggested a fabulous nearby restaurant, and gave us the most delightful cookie for our trouble. In our opinion, this hotel should take care to keep this young gentleman around for many years. As long as he is there, we will return often.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2010

We stayed at the Doubleetree due to work. We go in at 230pm and were told the rooms were not ready until after 3pm so we walked to the resturants. The location is great and in walking distance for dinners and shopping.
The rooms are nice and clean. Daily Housekeeping could have been better but at least the towles were clean and beds were made. I will stay here again.

The Cafe Luxx is good food but the service in the Cafe is really bad. We had a server named Susy who was having a bad morning. She was rude and I had to wait an hou for a refill for coffee... Really an Hour. I asked for silverwear to eat my food and she said "when I get to it"...I am not kidding. about 10 min later I went up to ask for silverwear again, she finally brought some over. I went to the front desk to complain but all they did was give me a coupon for a free coffee at the starbucks. ( I just want better service.) The funny thing about all of this was there were only 3 other parties in the resturant.
Breakfast run between $10-16 and what i ended up with was cold food, no silverwear and no coffee. The second day she was not any friendlier, the 3day I opted for the 16.00 buffet breakfast just so i woud not have to deal with her. :)
The management should really follow up with the server.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 August 2010

We stayed here just this week (August 18-20, 2010). We purposely picked out this hotel because it was a Doubletree and also because we could walk to Target Field from there. Check in was dicey at best. We arrived at 2 p.m. and were told to come back in one hour because they computer for the keys was not working just then???? We really didn't have anywhere to go so we drove around for a few minutes, parked the car in the lot and found them checking in many people at 2:30 p.m. I guess the machine was miracouly fixed! Room was OK though the pull out was very uncomfortable for our son. Went to the Twins game on Wed. evening and got back late. Slept in and left the hotel at about 11:30 on Thurs and when we returned at 6:45 p.m. for the evening the room had not been touched! The beds were not made, the bathroom had not been cleaned and we had no clean towns. I called their "care" line and the man said "this sometimes happens". What?????? You must have left the "Do not disturb" on your door (he claimed). We did not. We purposely moved it INSIDE the room at 11 a.m. -- about 30 minutes before we left the hotel room for the day. We even saw the housekeeping lady on our way down the hall to the elevator when we were coming out of our room. We exchanged hellos with her. She saw us LEAVE. Anyhow the "Care" guy sent someone to change the towels and take the dirty ones. When we went to the restaurant later that evening I complained again at the front desk and he was surprised no one came to make the beds, empty the garbage, clean up the bathroom etc. I wanted to speak to the manager but he was not there. I/we were not totally happy. It was not the worst experience to have but we won't stay at a Doubletree again -- or maybe never.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2010

I stayed here for a conference as the conference hold was sold out. It was a short walk to the Hyatt and Convention Center. The hotel restaurant was nice with good service. The front desk people were helpful. I asked how to get to the Mall of America and was told to take the light rail. However, the walk to the light rail was long and it took 45 minutes to get there. I ended up taking a taxi home. I jokingly complained to the front desk and they gave me a free ice cream.

The workout room was good.

My only complaint was that the TVs were old and the remotes didn't work. Oh, and there is no pool.
Overall, though, I would go back!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business