“Cycling pensioners”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Westleigh
Honeysuckle Cottage Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Westleigh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Honeysuckle cottage was the ideal spot for us to overnight on our bikes down the Tarka trail. Ann and Rob welcomed us with tea and cake and Rob provided a huge bucket of water for me to check on a slow puncture. We had a massive breakfast and Ann even made my favourite origamo on the fried tomatoes. A really great welcome and highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We really loved Honeysuckle Cottage, very comfortable rooms in a beautiful location. Ann and Rob were great hosts and welcomed us with a cup of tea and yummy Victoria Sponge (plus Ann gave a us a slice each to take to Lundy the following day). Having shown us the ropes they left us in peace but were readily available if we needed advice about important subjects such as where to eat! Great location if you're sailing to Lundy from Bideford, and also if you're exploring the Tarka Trail, which you can join just down the road. Will definitely be back when in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is why I stay in B&Bs rather than hotels. We were greeted with tea and a deliciously moist Victoria sponge. The owners are very friendly, the bed was superbly comfortable, the bedroom is simply styled, the breakfast was good, and it's conveniently situated off the Tarka Trail between Bideford and Instow. Our second samples of cake on the final leg of our coast-to-coast ride the following day went down just as well!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My family used to live in Westleigh, and when I was small we would come back to visit every summer, renting a house from a local resident when she was away. When I revisited the village last year for the first time in a good few years, I noticed that the house was now a B&B. And so I knew I had to visit next time I was in the area!

I stayed at Honeysuckle Cottage for only one night, but I wish I could have stayed longer. It really is a lovely B&B, and the owners Ann & Rob are great hosts. There was a delicious cake and a much-needed coffee waiting for me on arrival, and we had a good old natter about the village and the house itself. The room in stayed in was perfect; spotlessly clean, with a very comfortable bed and a great powerful shower in the en suite.

Breakfast was just as good as everything else, with cereals, fruit salad, juice and toast all on offer, followed by a full English, all partaken with a wonderful view from the breakfast room over the estuary. I can safely say I didn't leave hungry - and I was even waved off with a piece of cake for my journey!

Safe to say, I can heartily recommend this b&b and will look forward to returning, hopefully before too long.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This was our second stop on the Devon C2C cycle route and after a dampish slog up from Tavistock it was a joy to be greeted with such enthusiasm and a fantastic freshly baked cake with copious reviving cuppas! (The remains of the cake went down well the following day too!) Fantastically situated for the Tarka Trail. Also the Westleigh Arms is literally a couple of paces away and the food on offer there is pretty good. You would have to go a long way to find another location so cycle friendly. Spacious rooms, views over the estuary and modern bathrooms.
Ann and Rob are just so enthusiastic about their B&B and really want to get everything just right - even the homemade breakfast marmalade! Wheat free and dairy free diet? No problem either!
A real gem!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We are already trying to find a time to come back... What an amazing place to stay and a wonderful couple as hosts... A warm welcome, lots of advice and tips, very friendly, knowledgeable, enthusiastic, laid back and keen to hear of our travels too...We could not have asked for more.

Breakfast was spot on! (And comes with a fabulous view) As was the tea and most heavenly cake on arrival!!!!

Being only just off the Tarka Trail the B&B was perfect for our coast to coast trip. Unfortunately as we were staying Easter Sunday the local pub (just a few steps away) was not doing evening meals. This, however, was not a problem as it was a lovely 20 minute walk to Instow (On the Tarka) where there is a great choice (or so it seemed we only had one night to experience) and the Instow Arms did not fail to please with friendly service and great food! (We did book and glad we did)

As recommended, when we left, we stopped at Instow, took the ferry to Appledore and had a wander (too early to sample the chips but we did buy some chocolate to take with us) before coming back to Instow and continuing to Fremington for lunch (yes the day did seem to revolve around food but it was too good to miss).

Almost forgot to mention the quality of the rooms – hard to find fault, in fact we can’t... Beautiful, comfortable, immaculate and relaxing – only stopped one night but did not want to leave!

We don’t really want to share this gem but it would be selfish not to!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Annieo1058, Owner at Honeysuckle Cottage Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Wow thank you for a wonderful review ! Looking forward to your return visit .
Kind regards
Ann & Rob

Reviewed 23 January 2014

What a lovely place to stay. We walked in on a cold, damp December day to be greeted with sherry and mince pies in the"snug" complete with Christmas tree - bliss! The rest of our stay was just as good with a beautiful room and excellent breakfasts. Ann and Rob were very welcoming and entertaining. We will be back!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Been to Honeysuckle Cottage Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!