“Nice, but average”

Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis-Minnetonka
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Minnetonka
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Stayed here for business; I will be back again next week... the room I had was clean. Quiet, on the other hand, it was not. One night, from the room above me it sounded as if someone was literally jumping off the bed at three in the morning! ... over and over... I believe there were some kids up there using the bed as a trampoline... but 3:00 am. You can hear others talking while walking down the hallway as well. Not sure why they don't have quieter walls/ceilings. But, all in all, the room is nice and clean, which is very important to me. That's where I stayed for a business week; and will repeat next week. (Have to take what is given to me..)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
HIEXMSPMK, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis-Minnetonka, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We will be starting a major renovation in November of this year that should help address some of the issues you experienced. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to your next stay here.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

Not sure if this was the standard rate on most weekends or if this was cheaper because of the 4th holiday but our AAA rate was very good. Given this appears to be a business hotel it makes sense the weekends are cheaper. The location next to a business park made this remote and not close to much else. Just a word of warning don't follow the google map directions that sends you through the maze of one way streets of the adjacent business park esp at night!

The woman at the front desk was very energetic and friendly. The rooms were average HIE rooms but the floors are thin and we could hear the people above clomping around. Overall you stay here for the price.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
HIEXMSPMK, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis-Minnetonka, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Thank you for sharing your review about your stay here. Holidays are generally slower so they are usally good deals to be found at the hotel. We are going through an extensive remodel in November so please come and check us out the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Minnetonka while visiting a friend in the area over the weekend. The hotel was in good repair, the staff was very welcoming and the room was clean and in good order. The only complaint I have about the room itself was that the bathroom was a little on the cramped side. The door swings open about 1/2" from the toilet, so you need to get out of the way when opening/closing it.

The room was well appointed and clean, but there was a lot of hallway and "through-the-floor" noise. It was a weekend and there were kids running in the halls, but that's kind of par for the course at a family hotel on the weekend. It was chanllenging getting to sleep when the hall noise was so easy to hear.

The bed was a little firm for my tastes, but that varies so much from person to person I only mention as a matter of taste. I'm not sure if I would stay here again mainly because the hallway noise was so bad. To clarify, this wasn't kids running and screaming in the halls, this was just the footsteps that were that audible.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
HIEXMSPMK, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis-Minnetonka, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here at the Holiday Inn Express of Minnetonka. We value your feedback and it is shared with the entire hotel staff. I do apologize for the noise from the other guests as we do try and keep the hotel as quiet as possible. We hope you reconsider and stay with us again because I am confident your next stay will be a great one.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

We stayed at the Hoilday Inn Express in Minnetonka. Everyone was very nice and professional. The front desk helped us wih places to eat nearby and what there was to see around the area. The rooms were nice and spacious,. We had a king bed with a sleeper sofa. Rooms were very clean. The pool was great for us. Breakfast was awesome especially the cinnamon rolls. We had a great time trhere. The price was unbeatable., It was $77.00 a night. Overall, very nice hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Casi D
HIEXMSPMK, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis-Minnetonka, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I have shared your comments with the entire staff and they were very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express of Minnetonka and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 6 April 2013

This is a great lcation if you are going to Eden Prairie or the Minneapolis Gift Market- my staff of 5 and I stayed here for a week. The staff were very helpful even giving a number of us a ride to the market when the market shuttle didn't stop to pick us up. The rooms clean and very comfortable. Great price for the gift show. There was lots of snow that week so we walked to the closest restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 March 2013 via mobile

This hotel is located at a strategic spot close to HW 62. People are pleasant, rooms are clean, the gym is ok but not excellent. There is no dinner service but there is plenty of choice nearby. Good value for money

• Stayed: March 2013
HIEXMSPMK, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis-Minnetonka, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here. I shared your feedback with my staff and it is our goal to continue to give the best service and the cleanest rooms. We are also looking into removing a room to expand our exercise room.

Reviewed 1 February 2013

I stayed for 2 days on business in a regular King bedroom. Check-in was easy and the staff are friendly and willing to help.The room was decent sized, well appointed and most importantly clean. The TV was fairly small (19" I think). The pillows were a shame...only 4 standard sized pillows on a king sized bed, and they were pretty lifeless. The bed was ok, but I've slept in more comfortable beds at less price per night. The walls and floorboards are thin, so be prepared to hear walking/stomping in the hallways and above you. Breakfast is free and standard fare, although they do serve the dreaded fake egg patties. The good thing about this hotel is it is located within walking distance of some restaurants and coffee shops. Jimmy's Food and Cocktails across the street was good, and they deliver to the hotel (and the hotel gives a 15% off coupon at checkin). Overall I was satisfied since it was only a couple of days. However, I must say that the rates are kind of high for the overall quality. This is MAYBE an $80/night hotel but the room I had was priced at $135/night.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
HIEXMSPMK, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis-Minnetonka, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2013

Thank you for sharing about your stay with us. I shared your comments with the entire staff. We do appreciate your feedback because we do strive for 100% satisfaction. Thank you again for your feedback and we do look forward to your next stay with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Minnetonka
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka
Home2 Suites by Hilton Minneapolis-Eden Prairie
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis / West-Minnetonka
Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel
Minneapolis Marriott Southwest
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie

Been to Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis-Minnetonka? Share your experiences!