All reviews cinnamon rolls room was clean front desk staff pool area the staff was great home away from home rooms are large business trip downtown minneapolis jimmys hopkins edina elevator cleanliness microwave highway clerk
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Due to a snowstorm, we spent a quick night at this Holiday Inn, which seemed to be priced lower than most Holiday Inns in the area, and I feel it's fair to say you can expect slightly lower quality than at some of the more highly priced Holiday Inns. Our room was clean and updated but had no fridge. Staff we dealt with was very accommodating, but the walls were extremely thin. We were able to easily hear the TV in the room on one side of us and someone's phone alarm go off at 6 a.m. on the other side of us. We did enjoy the nice pool and hot tub area, and the breakfast was very good and well stocked. Overall a good stay for the price.

Stayed: April 2018
Hannah D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis-Minnetonka, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We do appreciate all the reviews we receive so we know what we are doing well in and what we need to work on! I am glad that you found your room to be clean and updated and that you found our staff to be accommodating. I do apologize for the noise but I am glad that you were able to enjoy our pool and hot tub as well as breakfast. For future stays, we do have refrigerators available for rent. I hope you decide to stay with us again when you are in the area!

Reviewed 9 November 2017

This hotel charged me for a smoking fee when I did NOT smoke in their room and when trying to talk to managerial staff, they were rude and mean. Never in my life have I ever been treated with such disrespect and horrible customer service from a general manager and an assistant general manager! To top things off, they called me a liar because their housekeeping staff came in our room at 9AM when check-out isn't even until NOON!! I would never stay here again and I would never recommend this place to anyone, not even my worst enemy. I wish I would have seen all of these poor reviews before staying here. I would have never spent my money at such a horrible place if I had known better.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cjschwartz21
Hannah D, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis-Minnetonka, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I understand that you are frustrated, but I do know that both the General Manager and Assistant General Manager instructed you on the next steps to take if you feel the charge is fraudulant. We do take destruction of property very seriously, and we do not charge unless we have picture evidence.

I am glad you were able to escalate above us and I hope that a resolution was found.

We sincerely hope you have a good day, and thank you for feedback. We appreciate our guests taking the time to provide it, whether they had a positive or negative experience.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

I stayed at this hotel for two nights. I had ordered a package in advance for an event. When I arrived they could not find it. The front desk clerk actually went out to a store to purchase what I needed and delivered it to my door at no cost. Next time I would stay on the top floor as you can hear the footsteps of the people above.

Great big comfy bed and quite

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Hannah D, Sales Coordinator at Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis-Minnetonka, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. I want to apologize about the misplacement of your package but I am happy to hear the staff were able to accommodate and get what you needed. I can certainly put a preference on your account you would prefer the top floor for your next visit! Again, we appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback and we hope to see you soon for your next visit!

Hannah D
Sales & Marketing

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

This place was going to get a three star rating from me before I saw that they fraudulently charged me a smoking fee!! Really?? Yes, I smoke, yes you can clearly see me going outside in the freezing cold to smoke. But the only smoke material left in the room was an old pack of cigarettes... They even sent up a worker who walked in my room and said, no don't smell any smoke. So basically if You even throw away a pack of empty cigarets in that Room you're getting charged. I called the manager and she said that there is tons of Evidence of smoking in that Room lol lie #1! there was a candle in the Room and there is an empty pack as cigarettes... I've only dealt w this 2 times in my over 10 years of travelling... always blows my mind when a hotel has to lie! This place is really a joke before any of this happened I paid for a suite and as I checked in I saw it was a regular room. they gave me just a 2 bedroom with a tiny little foldout couch. I was like this is not a suite. this is a joke online it said was two separate rooms, so then they put me in the executive suite which was what I expected. So I realize now they will try and see if your paying attention. Anything you don't notice, they will completely rob you for! if they're charging people smoking fees that never smoked and saying the evidence is a candle in the garbage they're pathetic! Really sad experience with this property. Been using Holiday Inns a really long time. I refuse after this.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Hannah D, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis-Minnetonka, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Diniss1,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We always appreciate feedback provided to us. Unfortunately, we are a nonsmoking hotel and found more evidence than just a candle and cigarette pack in your room. We have our guests sign a non smoking policy at check in. I am sorry to hear that this experience soured your opinion of our brand, but if you would like to discuss the issue further please feel free to reach out to a manager directly at 952-912-9999.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

My husband and I stayed down there for two days to attend a conference. The staff was outstanding with check in and anything we needed. The rooms and common areas were neat and clean. The hotel was close to both our conference and anything else we could thing to do. They have a very nice restaurant (Jimmy's) right across the street and a Caribu Coffee right across the parking lot. Highly recommend

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Hannah D, Sales Coordinator at Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis-Minnetonka, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Thank you so much for letting us know how wonderful your stay was! I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed everything from the staff, the rooms to the local restaurants nearby. We can't wait to see you back for your next visit!