“Spa at the Marsh....I loved it!”
Review of The Marsh

The Marsh
Ranked #3 of 16 things to do in Minnetonka
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Marsh is a multi use facility housing a full service spa, unique boutique, restaurants, overnight guest rooms, meeting and event spaces, fitness center with group exercise classes, 2 pools and outdoor walking paths.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 18 March 2012

This was my first time at the Spa at the Marsh. I had a facial and eye brow wax. Wow is all I can say. This was the best facial I have ever had. I will be back and have already scheduled my appointment for this month. My esthetician was very professional. i was going to have a microdermabrasion but she said my skin is not good for this. In my prior experience elsewhere they would have willingly done this anyway just to charge more. I was impressed with the knowledge of my girl as she took the time to recommend certain products for my skin type but was not pushy. She gave me samples to try when I left. I really like this place. After my facial, i was able to use the workout facility on site. it was fantastic!

1  Thank eyetacs
"deck"
"clientele"
"carpet"

Reviewed 7 January 2012

Here's the thing: The Marsh is designed to appeal to women -- actually, a certain kind of woman over the age of 50 -- and conversely, the staff do not treat men as if they belong in the building. They may not do this intentionally but I've been there more than a dozen times and it has a hostile feel to me. I kept coming back because I enrolled in a class and although I found a few (female) friends to talk to, most of the women there kept staring at me as if I had dropped down from Mars. They, of course, were from Venus. The massages given there are OK but not as good as they could/should be. Plus, the spa services are expensive. I would advise men to find a different place to attend classes and receive treatments. Otherwise, you will end up feeling like an intruder. One more thing: the pretentiousness of the place is something I've actually heard women complain about. The staff imagines that they are saving the world "one poor soul at a time," and it shows in the way they answer the phone, deal with customers face to face and then in the expense for the services. If The Marsh went out of business, it would be missed by some who go there to rehab certain injuries in the warm pool, etc. But there are many other places to exercise and revitalize without the pretense. Find them -- especially if you happen to be a man.

5  Thank SonnyGetsBlue
JHCS10, Manager at The Marsh, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

The Marsh has been open for 33 years and has over 2,500 members and 40% are men - so we have 1000 male members. We are also open to the public and see hundreds of guests daily in our spa, restaurants, shop, fitness center and overnight guest rooms. We also have a staff of 170+ of which half are men. We are surprised by this review given the actual numbers we see here. We hope you give us another chance.

Reviewed 21 May 2010

Had a fantastic afternoon yesterday with my daughter at The Marsh spa. We had a massage, facial, pedicure, and manicure. The staff was very friendly, helpful, and caring, and I had one of the best massages ever. We did not use the gym or sauna or hot tub because of time constraints on our part, but the offer was made so I'm sure they were available. (I did not see signs of renovation where we were.) While waiting for my daughter to have her facial, I sat in a comfy lounge chair on the deck overlooking nature preserve (marsh) in the back and actually fell asleep. It was a wonderful afternoon! Can't wait to go back! (As mentioned, we saw no signs of renovation, but we were only in the spa area. If you are planning a trip soon, just ask.)

1  Thank mshel333
Reviewed 18 January 2010

I thought we were going to the best spa in Minnesota, but unknkowingly, they were in a renovation phase. Services that were promised were not available. We did not find it to be a good value for the money. I was taking my daughter for a present, and it turned out to be a very big disappointment. They were renovating, but should have told us that. When we checked in, they told us that hot tub and sauna were available, but that was a lie, as both were not available. Their web site does not identifyt the renovation, and the front desk does not honestly tell incoming guests that the spa is not operational. This is a scam operation in its current capacity.

4  Thank aurrora98