“Food was good, staff needs help”
Review of Snuffy's Malt Shop

Snuffy's Malt Shop
Ranked #17 of 97 Restaurants in Minnetonka
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 2 September 2013

First timer at Snuffy's Malt Shop. Told person seating us we had a Groupon. Once seated, 15 minutes later, and seats were available when we walked in. The waitress says we can't use them. That in itself was ok, but very rude about it. Turns out the couple next to us got the same treatment. And for the hour we were there 3 others came in with Groupons and weren't allowed to use them. Each time with an attitude from the waitress and the host not saying a thing each time.
The burgers were good, the onion rings were good, the malts were good to ok. 4 burgers and 1/2 malts and 2 kids meals. One side order. $85 lunch. Not worth 1/2 that. Now we know why they have the Groupons. Now if we could just use them.

Summary, food was good. No complaints. Staff was a bit rude and very pricey for what you got.

1  Thank CoachRW

Reviewed 3 August 2013

My 16 year old son and i went there for the first time the other night. We were seated in the back by the kitchen door when I took a glance in the kitchen I was shocked how gross it was none of the young kids in the back were wearing hats or gloves. The whole place was dirty and disgusting the malts were below average and after I seen one of the cooks come out from the back picking his nose I decided not to eat my burger. This place needs to be checked out. The prices were preposterous 2 burgers fry and 2 malts 28.00 bucks. Last time for me at Snuffys.

1  Thank Grobe
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We stopped here at about 8 pm on a hot summer evening for an after-dinner treat. We were not seated in the main dining area which was packed and much nicer, but in a back room, which had no decor, very ugly and uncomfortable seating, and was freezing. Our server was great, super friendly and attentive! But even the great-tasting banana-chocolate malt at a very reasonable price and our great server could not make up for the lacking atmosphere and the freezing temperature. If you go there, wait for a table in the main dining room!

Reviewed 9 June 2013

Went for lunch and our experience was exactly what we expected. The waitress was great, food came out hot and fast.
The burger was very tasty - much like a butter burger at Culver's - can't be that good and not be bad for you. Fries were crisp - my wife and I shared the small size per waitress suggestion. We also split a malt.
Overall, good old style diner.
Watch for the 2 for 1 coupons that are out there.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We hadn't eaten at Snuffy's for a while and was pleasantly surprised. The service was quick and the food was delicious - both had improved since our last time there a couple of years ago. Their malts really can't be beat. I was a bit disappointed because I told the manager that it was my sons birthday and nothing special was offered, but other than that we were very pleased. We will definitely be going back soon!