“Always decent”
Review of Rancho Grande - CLOSED

Rancho Grande
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Haven't been here in some time, and just like the last times, dinner did not disappoint. Wife had a ground beef chimi (normally shredded beef or chicken, but they are happy to modify), and I had the seafood chimi and side of tamales. I am always skeptical with any seafood at MN Mexican restaurant due to bad experiences, but this was good. Received 2 chimis with a white sauce. Shrimp, small scallops and imitation crab, and it tasted very good. Side of rice with guacamole, all fresh. I can tell a lot by a Mexican restaurant by the rice and beans, and these were both fresh. The tamales were good, not great. I like to get them with the corn husks on, but these were served without and had a Mike sauce on them, which was good. The tamales were heavy on the corn meal, and only a little carnitas pork in the middle. But I got three of them, good size, for 6 bucks, so I can't complain. Wife liked her chimi, she pours the blanco cheese dip sauce on it. Ground beef on the inside was flavorful with onion, not dry as in some places. These were made fresh then deep fried as they should be. Wife had 2 margaritas, one was half price. For an out metro place, it is very good, authentic, family owned with a location in Buffalo as well.

If you are feeling the Mexican food craving as we were, you won't be disappointed.

2  Thank Sean L
There are newer reviews for Rancho Grande

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Stopped in with my two young children on the way through. My kids (3,5) loved the colorful decor and paintings! The service was very friendly and on task, my 5 year old son gat a real kick about being called amigo by the very friendly waiter! The chips and salsa are very very good! The kids meals were great (a cheese quesadilla and chicken fingers that were clearly hand cut from a chicken breast in the kitchen!). I had the chimichanga as that is my favorite dish at my favorite Mexican restaurant up until now (Acapulco in Ramsey). To compare the cheese sauce is equally amazing at both places! You could put that stuff on a shoe and it would taste good!. The chimichanga was again wonderful (but a bit smaller and less puffy fried like at Acapulco) but just as tasty for sure and cheaper! You also get a nice accompaniment of beans, lettuce, tomato, sour cream and guacamole that work wonderfully with the dish! New favorite in the making??!! Oh yeah, the prices are great!!! We will be back!!!!!

1  Thank SkolVikings
Reviewed 7 March 2014

There is an extensive menu that includes single entrees, combo lunches, or great dinner combinations. The prices are very reasonable. They also have one of the best margaritas that I have tasted. It is a family business and the staff is very friendly. The decor is inviting with booths, small tables, and large tables for groups.

2  Thank Cheryl S
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I almost always get fajitas, my husband various combo plates. The food never disappoints. The helpings are generous and the pricing is value. I love the Mexican atmosphere, too many mexican restaurants are changing their decor to look like every other restaurant like Guadalara and Don Pablo's La Casita etc. we don't go to those anymore.

1  Thank Flowersaremypassion
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Excellent customer service, amazing food, our favorite Mexican restaurant! When in the area make it a must and stop in for a great experience!