“The toilet”

Days Inn Monticello
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Monticello
Reviewed 12 June 2014

When we first arrived in the room, the toilet did not flush. My husband saw the problem and restored water to the tank. At 3:oo am , again the toilet did not flush. When I complained at check out time the Manager was very nice and said she could have moved us to another room -- at 3am? However, she was really very nice and gave us a $10 discount -- $10? You asked!

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Monticello

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I booked my room months in advance after reading probably few reviews about this hotel.
I knew to expect that there were some Issues. However I got a great deal, so the old saying of 'You get what you pay for' comes into play. I stayed a total of five days and saved around $120, so for the price I paid I found the room acceptable.
More things that were better than I'd expected from reading other reviews. Air conditioning unit worked just fine. Flat Panel TV with variety of channels with HBO.WF-FI set ups and Speed was perfect to stream movies & browsing. Beds were perfect , room odor was fine, and room was quiet and clean. House keeper clean our room all the days during our stays. Front desk were courteous and helpful. All in all, I'd come here if you need to save money.
It's not too bad, just don'

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I recently booked online and stayed at this hotel. I selected this hotel because I would be travelling with my toddler and my pet, and this hotel offers "suites" which have a separate bedroom where my toddler could nap, and I could get some work done. It seemed ideal online! I went ahead and booked a room for us and our in-laws.

Upon arrival, we had just driven 3 hours, and were hoping to check in and let our little one take a nap. But I was immediately informed that our pet was not allowed in the non-smoking suite we had booked. (Though nothing online had indicated that, and no one had contacted me ahead of time to inform me...) The woman at the desk spoke broken English, but I gathered that pets were only supposed to be in smoking rooms, however they were sold out and I could not move to a smoking room anyway. (Which is good because I am pregnant and was not wishing to breathe in second hand smoke all night). After I inquired about what I should do with my pet now, since we were three hours from home, she said she'd call her manager, but there'd most likely be a much larger pet fee applied to the room. (Great...)

So we checked into our room. The "suite" was large, but not very welcoming or accommodating. It was straight out of the 80s. Poor carpeting, dated furniture, dated bedding, wallpaper border, PINK bathtub, etc. The main part of the room looked as if it used to have a kitchenette in there, but now there was just a queen bed, box tv, dated couch, and dated arm chair. (No table-- not even a coffee table, so don't expect to eat in there or play cards, etc.)

We attempted to put our son down for nap, but came across some loose electrical cords that were hanging out of the wall, so we were nervous to leave him in the separate bedroom area unattended.

My in-laws checked in later at night, and found their room to be not clean. The bed was completely unmade. When they notified the front desk, the employee acted as if they were lying before finally moving them to an alternate room.

In the morning, I woke up and took our son to have "breakfast" in the lobby. "Breakfast" included stale muffins, two types of cereal (nothing sweet), and a loaf of store bought bread. Your coffee options were "regular", "regular", or "regular" (too bad if you wanted decaf) And your juice option was orange. I was up and wandering around from 7-10am, with both my son, and letting the dog out, and not ONCE did I see any employees manning the front desk. My in-laws wanted to pay for their room on a different card at check out, but since there were seemingly NO employees on duty, that was impossible.

Overall, it was just not a welcoming or enjoyable experience. We most certainly will not be back, nor will we recommend this location to others. Which is too bad because Wyndham is such a great brand. This property is definitely bringing the others down.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

First I want to say thank you to Unique the young woman at the front desk who has a great smile and has excellent customer service skills, she went far above her duty to help me in a situation. I would also like to thank Susana who takes care of the rooms, she was so very nice in helping make sure I had everything I needed and was a big help to me as well. Staff was very nice as they contacted us about something we'd left in the room and they are sending it to us Check in was quick.We stayed 6 nights and it was great. It was quiet, clean, rooms, the beds were comfortable. We all had laptops and nobody had issues with the Wi-Fi. I liked the fact that kids were not running around the halls. Breakfast was just fine.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The Days Inn in Monticello help. The carpet was awful in the room, dirty. The bathroom was not very clean (floor especially), the bed was very old and lumpy and needed replacing. The shower ceiling was about to fall in from the tub leaking upstairs. In the morning the continental breakfast was 2 loaves of bread, dry cereal, milk, juice, and dried up muffins. On the way out to the breakfast, I was greeted by a mouse running on the floor outside the breakfast area........

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 May 2014

There is no one at the desk. You gotta call someone from a phone. I found things in my room that didnt belong to me. The boys that were in the room next to us kept slamming there door all night and all morning keeping us up and no one came up to tell them to keep it down. The breakfast was very poor all was offered was two kinds of cereal, coffee, and orange juice. The knobs on my air conditioner were broke so i had to open the window to cool off the room. The lady who booked my room over the phone was not friendly and I could not understand her at all. I would never recommend this Days Inn in Monticello to anyone. I have stayed at a couple of these hotels and this is the poorest i have ever been too. I am very disappointed and now I understand why you cant get your money back.

Room Tip: I would choose a different hotel if I were you!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monticello
Super 8 Monticello
Becker Inn & Suites
Becker Inn & Suites
#2 of 2 in Becker
Country Inn By Carlson, Buffalo

Been to Days Inn Monticello? Share your experiences!